Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 AM
bassfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

Hey Ya'll, If you take off the decals, it flys 10 X's FASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=shades_smile.gif] >>>-> Bassfish
Old 10-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Rickochet

ORIGINAL: bassfish
Hey Ya'll, If you take off the decals, it flys 10 X's FASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=shades_smile.gif] >>>-> Bassfish
Has the forward speed improved with the decals off?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
herr_howard

Wow, can't believe I've been away from this site for a couple of weeks...in any case, I'll just add my 'Wow, what fun!' comment about this little heli to the forum. Finally had a chance to fly it about 5 days ago and as a relative newbie to the heli world I was impressed at how stable and easy it is to control. Sure, gotta watch the flight times and make sure you don't do anything too rough with it, but for me it's great for what it is: pure fun and enjoyment! Who knows, one day I'll probably try to hop it up a little with some of the swash plate mods, but for now I just do lazy circuits in my family room with it and smile
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: Rickochet

Has the forward speed improved with the decals off?
No duffes, he meant it flies 10 X's faster backwards with out the decals
Hope you can take a joke
Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

ORIGINAL: monsterbrad

Do any of you guys know if the ice charger can be wired that way to charge 3 at one time?
Yes i have a ice also it will work you need to use the lipo wiring diagram in the link i posted above to wire the 3 battery packs up for a 3 cell lipo.
shenlonco,
I use the Equinox with my Ice as a balancer. How do you connect your Ice to your LiPo?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:14 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Do any of you guys know if the ice charger can be wired that way to charge 3 at one time?
Yes i have a ice also it will work you need to use the lipo wiring diagram in the link i posted above to wire the 3 battery packs up for a 3 cell lipo.
shenlonco,
I use the Equinox with my Ice as a balancer. How do you connect your Ice to your LiPo?
Hi go back on page 13 look at the link that i posted you will need to wire up your battery pack like shown in the link...then you need to hook a balance tap up for the way your balancer works... usually 3 wires on far right first - black next black and last red + do a search or maybe your instructions on your balencer show how the cells are wired into the taps for your charger..
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Ffarg

Finally bought the BNF MCX. Wow! It makes my BCX2 look sick!! What does it mean when the charger light stays a constant red?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
kevntri
My Feedback: (15)

Solid red means charging
Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM
SomeJerk

ORIGINAL: kevntri

Solid red means charging
...or that the included batteries have crapped out. If it stays solid for more than 10-15 minutes that's probably what happened.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Rickochet

I just got my mCX this morning. Great service from Todd's Models. I put some Radio Shack AA precharged/rechargeable 2000mAh NIMH in the charger and it seems to work fine. I did get one extra battery and the extra one is a bit of a pain to get connected for some reason. I bound it to my DX5 e and it flew well right out of the box. What a hoot. The only heli time I have is from a PiccoZ a couple of years ago. I had no trouble controlling this little dude. And on high rates it dances around quite nicely and only needed a minor bit of trimming. So I have run two packs through it without breaking any thing or putting any eyes out. The thing is amazingly quiet also. My wife had to come see what I was laughing at in the family room. What a blast.

Rick
Old 10-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is fun, eh? Mine's probably close to 100 flights by now and still going strong. I'd like to have one stock, one with the glow parts and white body, and one with the MIA black parts on it. That would be neat, but not realistic for me right now.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah me too! LOL I just ordered the MIA parts. Looks like a cool upgrade.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Rickochet

My wife walked in while I was flying it and said it looked and sounded like a Bumble Bee. She immediately named it "Buzz" and made him a decal for his nose.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
monsterbrad

Mine was flying mine in the living room.
I have one that likes all the hobby boats cars trucks air planes Heli's and she has a Vendetta that is hers and I want to get her a 1/10 scale of some kind.
It's nice cause I will get something for her but it really is cool for me cause I get to have more RC stuff.
My collection is almost complete just need a full size heli and a plane.
Maybe a 1/5 scale Baja 5b ss.
You are right though this little heli is a ton of fun and easy to fly in the house
Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
monsterbrad

Has anybody noticed a little shake when just hovering or did I bend something?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:02 AM
J-MICHAEL

I've had mine a week now, and have been flying the snot out of it... Just to much fun ! Nothing broke yet, and I've hit the walls a few times and tapped the ceiling a couple times. I have just as much fun with this little squirt as I do with my other RC stuff... LMAO...

Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
J-MICHAEL

Could be that something got bent a tad. But it probably could be your tracking of the blades... Ya might have to swipe out and try a few different set of blades to see which pair will match up good for tracking... Mine did at first shake just a little when I first got it, but I noticed the top blades were off on the tracking a bit, so I mixed and matched some blades and the tracking was better, along with the shaking going away...

~ Jeff
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 AM
SomeJerk

A little vibration is perfectly normal, but it shouldn't be anything extreme. If you can see anything besides the tail fin vibrating from more than a few feet away you might have bent something, but otherwise don't worry too much. Unfortunately, determining how much vibration is acceptable is a bit subjective, and especially tough with the little helis that have small plastic parts instead of big metal ones.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
monsterbrad

Well I have crashed it a few times and I think that may have caused a little problem.
I will mess with the blades a bit and study it to see if I can figure it out.
Oh well it still flys thats all that matters.
This thing is fun as heck
Where are you guys getting spare batteries at??
Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Tee Bee

Check the flybar counterweights. I crashed mine last week and noticed a lot of vibration afterwards. Turns out that the little plastic cap that holds the metal weights on the flybar was missing. I epoxied a small piece of 1/8" dowel onto the flybar to replace the plastic piece and sanded it off until the flybar balanced. Then I just colored it black with a Sharpie marker. Problem solved, no more vibes. Flies great again.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM
J-MICHAEL

Well I have crashed it a few times and I think that may have caused a little problem.
I will mess with the blades a bit and study it to see if I can figure it out.
Oh well it still flys thats all that matters.
This thing is fun as heck
Where are you guys getting spare batteries at??

Yeah a few crashes could smack it out of alignment a bit... If it bothers ya, try replacing the inner shaft... It's the weakest of the two shafts that support the two sets of blades. The outer is CF, so its a lot more stout than the small inner shaft which is metal and probably aluminum. When in a crash that tiny little rod of the inner shaft gets a lot of stress just because of it being small, and its supporting the weight of the top blades, and the weights on the flybar along with the flybar, so it has to work harder to keep its shape so to speak....

Other little things could be just minor binding somewhere... I use Tri-Flow, or some good quality gun oil and I've used micro-specs of that lube on all the key-components on the MCX like the bearings, linkages, swash, where the flybar pivots in the head, main gears, etc. etc... It goes a long way with something this small, and just makes things run more effecient which could result in smoother flights, longer run times, cooler motors/esc, etc. etc....

If its not affecting your flights to much from the shakes, I'd just leave it and replace the parts that you need to after a few more crashes and get the most of it for now... It is what it is....

Have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 10-30-2008, 05:50 PM
bassfish

Hi Ya'll, How ya'll are? Glad ya got to see me! [sm=teeth_smile.gif] Well I found one thing out. My chopper don't like cold weather at all! It's 24 degrees out here in N.W, Ohio. But, no wind! Sooooooooooo, I thought I would see what it cud do on
the outside! [sm=confused.gif] Well, I charged up the battery to full and took her out into the frigid weather, set her on the sidewalk and powered up. Well, too make a long story short, the flight was too! Lasted about two minutes and down it came. The temp along with the prop-wash was way too much! I now have to try to talk my wife into knitting a tiny sweater for it and then I'll try again! >>>-> Bassfish [sm=shades_smile.gif] Oh ya, gonna make little pontoons and fly out of the bath tub. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 10-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Tee Bee

I've never had good luck with lipos in cold weather.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 PM
J-MICHAEL

Hi Ya'll, How ya'll are? Glad ya got to see me! [sm=teeth_smile.gif] Well I found one thing out. My chopper don't like cold weather at all! It's 24 degrees out here in N.W, Ohio. But, no wind! Sooooooooooo, I thought I would see what it cud do on
the outside! [sm=confused.gif] Well, I charged up the battery to full and took her out into the frigid weather, set her on the sidewalk and powered up. Well, too make a long story short, the flight was too! Lasted about two minutes and down it came. The temp along with the prop-wash was way too much! I now have to try to talk my wife into knitting a tiny sweater for it and then I'll try again! >>>-> Bassfish [sm=shades_smile.gif] Oh ya, gonna make little pontoons and fly out of the bath tub. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

LMAO..... The cold air will help for 'lift' as warm air makes the lift a little more 'mushier'... One thing you do want to do is before your actually ready to take it into flight is just keeping the lipo in your pocket to keep it warm as the lipo's cells slow down in the cold and prefer the warm better... But YIKES, 24 degrees.... LOL... I bet that poor little lipo didn't have a chance eh ?! Yeah maybe a knitted little sweater wouldn't be a bad idea... [8D]

We'll be waiting for a video of the float-flight from the bathtub...

Have a good one,

~ Jeff

Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Wheelnut

The tail on my MCX holds like a rock with out the GY401
and probably has longer flight times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.