Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

curious to know????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:26 PM
autoart4you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default curious to know????

i'm just curious to know how everyone likes to set the stick tension on there transmitter?
do you like the stock tension? stiffer than stock? or softer than stock?

i'v been playing with the stick tension on my dx6i and i'm still undecided?

i had it set set farely stiff but, now that i'm getting comfterbul with the stick movements i'm leaning towards softer sticks.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

Default RE: cruises to know????

Ummmm.....Cruises ?...Lol.. I first saw that, I was like wow someone wants to know of some good cruises... Had to give ya a hard time, I know what ya mean. Curious !

I'am not sure of how I like my tension, but I like my sticks screwed in all the way, so they are shorter. Makes it quicker in response for me. I'am not sure if the DX-7 has a tension adjust ? That's my TX, and now I'am wondering...That's cool the DX6i does this...

Anyway have a good one,

~ Jeff
Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
autoart4you

Default RE: curious to know????

LOL! i'm a bad speller so, i use spell check... i guess i should pay better attenshion LOL

i made my sticks shorter too only because i have short thumbs i didn't think about it making the response quicker

yea, on the dx6i you just pull off the back and there are 4 tension adjustment screws i would think the dx7 has this too?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
evdreamer

Yeah the DX7 has tension adjustment. I have my cyclic kind of at a medium setting, the collective is light, and the rudder is kind of strong. I found I tend to add rudder when I don't want, so I increased to know when I was adding it.

Nick
Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
xyster101

I lowered my sticks all the way down in length and then loosened the tension almost all the way. I fly loose and with no pants. My friend's tx is really stiff. Just preferance.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM
soloboss

For those flying coaxials and most anything with no locking gyro, I ask them to try removing the rudder spring entirely. That way tail corrections happen without thinking about it. Ya just drive the tail like you do the throttle. And yes, until you get the thumb action figured out you will get some rudder with throttle. That's why we practice.
I run all of my sticks really loose - just enough to tell me where center is. That's for land based, airplanes and helicopters.