Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Loud Swashplate Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
kruser495

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Swashplate Help!

when ever my servo arms move the swash plate around, it makes a squeaky noise. is this something i should fix? will it effect performance?
Old 01-18-2009, 02:53 PM
bad400

Default RE: Loud Swashplate Help!

is it in the swashplate for sure or is it comeing from the servos? i would not oil the swashplate it well collect dirt and dust which well diffenetly not help.

if you have aircompresor id blow out the swashplate
you can try an electronic spray lube for it has no water or oil,no oil how does that work i dont know but it does
Old 01-18-2009, 04:05 PM
rotarydoc

Josh,

Doesn't sound too serious...but if you want to lube it, the best thing I have found, and most people agree, is called Tri Flow...

It is oil based, with a teflon additive, so it won't attract dirt as much, as bad400 mentioned, and is an excellent lube for most parts on any RC helicopter (except where grease is used, like thrust bearings and such).

http://www.triflowlubricants.com/Sup...rior_drip.html

It's kinda hard to find, I got mine from a bicycle shop, they use it alot on bikes, and my bike shop had a nice selection.

A good idea for any helis you might have, or get, if/when you get the Belt CP, it would be great on that too...

It is a little bit expensive, probably like $7 for a bottle, but a little goes a long ways..don't need much...

Hope this helps!

Glenn

P.S. Didn't know if you spotted this Blade 400 deal or not...seems pretty good, and free shipping too...just a thought...

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=EFLH1400!1002

Click on the buy it now thing for the price...you won't have to buy it..just to get the price..
Old 01-18-2009, 04:27 PM
goldslinger

+1 on the tri-flow. Simply the best ! !
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
kruser495

how much bigger is it than the belt cp?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:36 PM
rotarydoc

Josh,

It is nearly the exact same size...

Main rotor diameter;

Belt CP- 27 inches
Blade 400- 28 inches

Overall length;

Belt CP- 26 inches
Blade 400- 25.6 inches

So, the B400 and Belt CP are very, very close in size, not enough to notice a difference..

But the radio you get with the B400 package is just so far superior to the one with the Belt, and the Eflite parts availability is just so much better too...

So, something to think about...especially considering the price on this site...certainly no pressure, just showing you some more options...

Glenn
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
kruser495

i need an opinion. should i spend the extra 100 bucks to get it at the lhs or buy it online? if i do i will then have to pull some strings with my parents to get some cash.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
rotarydoc

Josh,

That is a tough one....because I really like to support my LHS, to help keep them in business...so they are there when I need parts! The other thing is, if you have problems with setup and what not, most LHS will help you out IF YOU BUY IT FROM THEM....but if you come in with your B400 you bought online...not so much...LOL

That being said, the extra $100 would be nice to have...and you have to keep in mind that the one kinda major weakness in the B400 is the stock servos...you WILL want to replace/upgrade them in the near future after you get it....probably after the first crash or two..they don't hold up well in a crash at all...so do keep that in mind...the stock servos are usually good enough to get you going, but you will want to upgrade sooner, rather than later...

It's up to you, but I did want to point out that the B400 does have the servo weakness...but other than that, it's sure hard to go wrong with what you get for the money...and there is much more info, and more aftermarket parts support for the B400 then there is for the Belt CP...another big plus...

Hope this helps...

Glenn
Old 01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
bad400

if you get it at your lhs they well more likly help you when you have a problem
if you get it online you can still get parts at your lhs
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
kruser495

can i just tell them a lie and say i bought it online threw them?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
bad400

will i dont know they may ask for a reciept id just get it online if it is cheaper.some lhs have good people and they may answer your question`s anyway your still probably going to buy parts threw them anyway
if they have the parts i`d get them through your lhs its faster and most lhs parts are cheaper or a dollar more but your not paying for shipping and then waiteing 2 weeks for it to arive