Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Drumheller Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade 400

K....I,m really getting tired of this crap...been raining straight for over a week.........fields are saturated with water...weeds are the only thing growing.........havnt did a battery in a while.............maybe I shall say prayers tonight.......windy as all get out...hope some of you are having fun...ciao
Old 06-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Solman

I would rebind your heli. Do it this way:

Insert binding plug in battery slot on receiver

Plug your battery in

Pull binding plug after you see your light flashing

turn on transmitter while holding trainer switch

release trainer switch

Do it this way and when you lose a signal, your blades won't go crazy on you. Been there, done that.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Spider

Dave - it has been a wet week here as well, we got some sunny weather for yesterday, instead of going out to try and fly I went on an exhausting bike ride through some really nice trails right next to my home.

I have been on the RCHelicopterFun.com website reading through all of his stuff, I am going to try to follow his instructions and see if I can do any better, first thing I have to do is to find some free time!

Hope to hear from you guys soon! It is fun to read some of the mistakes made (for us) and the victories won! I can imagine turning on the MSR and sudenly seeing it take off because of the 3D switch was on!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Solman

Being that that MSR is fixed pitch, that would be a bad thing. I am going out flying today and looking forward to flying the heli some more. I haven't been flying the heli much lately due to maintenance problems.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Super Spider

Am I wrong, doesn't the 3D switch give give full throttle? - Forgive my ignorance, I have never messed with it, and am concerned right now with trying to succesfully getting her in that air and putter her down in one piece! What come to mind was with the 3D switch on the msr blasting straight up instantly.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Solman

It depends on how your throttle curve is set up. Mine is basically 100-85-100 for my throttle curve.There are more numbers in there, but that is the basic idea.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
patryn
My Feedback: (1)

I bound it to the cpp2 controller when I first bought the cpp2, so it probably was 100% throttle. Had my laptop in my lap, so I couldn't really jump after it either.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Drumheller Dave

Sheeeeeet.....still playing with my transmitter and the servo thing...damn...dont know what I did but the puppy wants to lean to the right....aaaargh.......no wonder I drink.....!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Super Spider

Dave, I think this hobby will drive us all to drinking sooner or later!

I got my kids one of those PTU heli's from hobby zone, they have a blast with that thing! I stole it from them the other night, I wanted to see how high it would go before it was out of range of the remote - man that thing got up there! she looked like a dot in the sky, couldn't hear it anymore! That thing drives Sam (german sheapard/ yellow lab mix) nuts! The kids have learned to drop it down close enought to get him to jump after it and as he jumps they throttle up, soooo funny to watch, till the batteries died enough that it didn't respond to the input fast enough! fortunately the only damage was one of the "landing gear" if thats the proper name for them - the only purpose they serve is to stabalize him when he is setting on the "ground". so as far as my kids ability to fly and "land" him, nothing has changed!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Drumheller Dave

This weekend..I will sit down at the kitchen table...disconnect every thing and rebind like she was brand new....I will report back........gawd.....
Old 06-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Super Spider

yeah, I am looking forward to setting mine up "right" as well, I have been skipping steps - out of pure laziness, no other excuses, I know I needed to do the checks and set-ups, but just wanted to get out and mess with her....yada, yada, yada...

Hope everything goes well!

Been taking some time in the afternoons to work on my body - it needs it, the only shape it is in is round! so that has been taking away from the very little time I already had to try to learn to fly!

I am going to try out that information from the website I mentioned before to see if it helps me improve any! I hope I can edge out some time to do so!