Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

cx3 range?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
radiojh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cx3 range?

Does anyone know the range of the cx3? and what happens to the heli when it reaches the end of it? tried searching forum with no luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
systemlord

Default RE: cx3 range?

The range using the included radio is beyond your capable sight, you would no longer be able to see your CX3. That should be far enough don't you think?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM
radiojh

yes i do! wow, didn't expect that answer. thanks!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 PM
gi1mo2

How about too far... I lost my CX2 a couple of days ago. Nice calm day (below tree line). Went a little too high and the breeze took it higher. To avoid trees, I went over and tried to bring it back, but it kept going further and further until I lost sight. I bet it is still up in those trees somewhere. Haven't found it since.

Anybody wants to buy a transmitter, 2 batteries and some spare parts for the CX2?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: gi1mo2

How about too far... I lost my CX2 a couple of days ago. Nice calm day (below tree line). Went a little too high and the breeze took it higher. To avoid trees, I went over and tried to bring it back, but it kept going further and further until I lost sight. I bet it is still up in those trees somewhere. Haven't found it since.

Anybody wants to buy a transmitter, 2 batteries and some spare parts for the CX2?
This happened to me except I landed on a freeway with little damage, this go's beyond being lucky! [X(]
Old 07-07-2009, 11:21 PM
9sec240

I think I read about a guy testing the 6100 to 1.7 miles and the 6200 to 2.1 miles.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
J-MICHAEL

Ivan ~

I've heard that also... Something like 1.5 miles for the AR6100. I've had my planes nearly a speck with a AR6100 and trust the range they give....
Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Stumblebee

ORIGINAL: radiojh

Does anyone know the range of the cx3? and what happens to the heli when it reaches the end of it? tried searching forum with no luck.
Well I regularly travel the entire length of a soccer field with my CX3 and have been about 80 feet in the air with no problems. To find out what happens at the end of the range, try this. FIre up your CX3 and have it hover close to the ground and close to you. Simply turn off the transmitter and see what happens. It should drop like a rock.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 PM
RideRome

I recently got my new xtreme tail boom, xtreme se motors and new 3 in 1 with head locking gyro in my cx2 and went to a giant open grass field with a buddy of mine to fly it. There was alot of wind but every once in a while the wind cut out so i would do some free falls with the helicopoptor. I basically got it steady and flew it straight up intill i was unable to tell it's front from back, I then cut the throttle and watched it free fall untill it was about 10 feet from the grass and throttled up to save it. Very fun to watch lmao it made my friend yell at me because he wasnt sure if it was a mistake or on purpose. I guess why I told you this is kuz once you go up pretty high it gets scary an harder to keep control especially if you tell which way the heli is facing.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 AM
radiojh

i'm glad to hear it is so far. for all i knew it was like 150 feet or something. i normaly fly at a pretty large park. actually very surprised to even hear over a mile, that's far!