Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CX3 problems Help!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX3 problems Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
speed20
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CX3 problems Help!

Im really new to helis, having flown airplanes for years. I was hovering my CX3 Md520 in my living room and go too close to a palm plant leave, and tumbled to the floor. When I try to power up and lift off, it wants to pull or bank left(viewed from the rear of copter). Trim doesnt help and was wondering if something was messed up with my swash plate. Since the manual is sort of vague in this area, how do I adjust the swashplate? Do I disconnect at the rotor hub and adjust a turn at a time or down at the ball socket attached to the servo? Any help will be appreciated, as Im in very unfamiliar territory!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Mack66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX3 problems Help!

Sounds like you separated the swashplate, and/or possibly jammed it up or down on the outer shaft. It should be level. If it isn't try to see if it slips freely when you attempt to move it up or down. It comes in two pieces and normally they are flush with each other. If it is separated, you can sometimes press it back together with your fingers or gently with needle nose pliers.

The fact that it's way out of trim after a crash pretty much suggests that this is the problem. I had the same thing happen to my CX2 and started adjusting trim, then the ball links only to find out that they were fine, and it was just the swashplate.

If you still are having trouble after this, or don't understand this, I suggest you call Horizon's tech service line so someone can walk you through the process over the phone. They really are good and it's worth the wait on hold. You can even leave your phone number with them and they will call you back!

Mack