Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
dunkonu23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Phil,

That's such a horrible thing to have happen. I'm thinking shell fish? Oysters, clams, lobster, crab, etc.? I feel for you, man. But...fish, ah FISH me hardy!Such a shame, bro!

On the second other note....

I'm replacing the elevator servo and Ifound the bad bearing... lower main shaft bearing, notchy as hell. To have the helicopter be as stable as it is with a bad main shaft bearing is amazing! Thanks again, Ivan!

Scott
Old 06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
9sec240

Scott, just passed along what others have recommended. It seems to work for my Protos. Glad you found the source of the squeal. I love a quiet heli!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
9sec240

Phil, I can't imagine being allergic to shellfish. I LOVE shrimp, crab and lobster..
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Here's a question. For those of you that have gone FBL, are there any flight sims with fbl models on them? All of my helicopters still have fly bars, and personally, I like them but have never flown one with an fbl controller. What's the big difference? I would like to try one out on a sim to see how it feels compared to a fly barred version.

BTW, I hate seafood. Hope I am never stranded on an island cause I would starve to death. I'll take meat n taters any day.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
phillyD

Bro Jerry
Realflight G5 has a flybarless. In the sim it is more sensitive than the flybarred at stock settings. Don't knowif Phoenix has any in the newer updates
Cheers
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 AM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

You passed it along and that's what Ineeded. I'm going to use the tape on my HeadHunter FBL, now. I hope the 450 pro is quiet, but Idoubt it will be near as quiet as your mini Protos. If the Spectrum Analyzer shows a lot of vibration on the F6, I'll use it on the mini Vbar there, as well. I plan on testing vibration on that helicopter today too, now that I have a new swashplate.

On yet another note... ever had Blue Crab? Blue Crab, more than any other form of seafood, is what Imiss most about the east coast. Igrew up eating them and now, nothing. I've been contemplating ordering some from Harbor House, but have held back. Imean, I used to go to the Maine Avenue Seafood Market (really a bunch of barges floating on the Potomac in DC) and get the best fresh stuff, ever. So, I've been holding back even though Harbor House guarantees live delivery. One day. One day!

Scott
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 AM
dunkonu23

Jerry,

Phoenix has the ability to turn any model into flybarless... you just modify the heli.  That said, there are several FBL models, but straight up, I don't like them as much as the flybar models.  Based on my short set of slow 8's yesterday, the FBL models on Phoenix are way too twitchy as Phil states for RF.   Oddly, the fybarred helis feel more like the way FBL feels.   I don't know if anyone else has that experience, though. 

The less seafood you eat, the more there is for others! 

Scott
Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 PM
dunkonu23

OYAN (On yet another note),

I got my Furion 6 repaired completely today. I vibration tested it using the Spectral Analyzer that comes with Vbar 5.1 pro... 96 high overall vibration level. Considering it was well over 200 before the crash, I think balancing the tailworked just fine.

Update: Test hovered it in the back yard just before the rain... Perfect - No drifting. Lots more twitchy than the Beast-X, but that's all in the Vbar settings.

Scott
Old 06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
maxmax77

yeah Ivan, I know what you mean-school is school . I'm pretty pumped to finally be back..not sure if I remember how to do nose-in!

thanks Scott, I'm going into Sophomore year. haha you have no idea how glad I am it's summer! Time to kick back and relax [8D]

Chuck, you know it man!

It looks like I have some catching up to do! Lessee, my Mini Titan is down due to a broken frame and a few other minor things. I'm going to get it back up asap!

-Max
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
dunkonu23

Max,

It's good to see you! Summer!!!!! Get that mini-Titan up in the air and have some fun with it. Oh, and while you're at it... sleep in at least once/week. It's good for you.

Scott
Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 PM
9sec240

Chuck, looks like good news. Hobby King credited me for 10 RXs. I emailed them about the other two that I sent and they asked which order they came from..... I gave them three more order number I placed for RXs to choose from. Hopefully they credit me for those two also. I went to purchase 10 more RXs as they have them in stock and you can only purchase 2 on an order. I emailed them about that too.. they said that is the way it is.... so I placed five orders for two RXs each. With shipping, they turned out to be less than what I paid for the originals sans shipping so it works out... but then again, I did pay to ship the RXs back to them too. Hopefully the new RXs all work because I would really hate to go through this again.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:20 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Max, enjoy your summer vacation. When you get older, all you do is work, work, work. All work, and no play, as Jack would say. Crap, I can't remember the name of the movie. See what happens when you get old.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
dunkonu23

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

The Shining. Jack Nicholson was brilliant. Redrum. Redrum. Redrum!

I wonder if the kid who played the couple's son turned out normal?I always wonder about child actors and whether or not there is harm done. If there is, Dakota Fanning is in for one really bumpy ride as an adult. That little girl has played some very intense parts in her short career. Ihope she doesn't turn out as damaged as Lindsay Lohan.

Scott
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 PM
maxmax77

Scott, will do

Jerry, well that's no fun! haha you can get bigger helis though..
Old 06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
dunkonu23

Ivan,

Did you get your rental agreement from Salopek? I got mine today. Last year's fuel surcharge was 4% this year, %12. I'm stunned.

Scott
Old 06-16-2011, 07:29 PM
9sec240

How did they send it to you? Email? Fax? Snail mail?
Old 06-16-2011, 11:23 PM
dunkonu23

E-mail, Ivan.

Scott
Old 06-17-2011, 04:36 AM
9sec240

I got nothing Scott. I faxed in the application and then called a couple days later to make sure they got it. They said they would send a confirmation email which I never received either. I just emailed them to see what was up.

I am headed to Al's 26th annual Fun Fly today. I was at the event last year where got the picture of Curtis holding his heli in the corn field after a crash.... maybe you guys remember the pic. Anyway, I will be there today and tomorrow. Should be a good time.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:43 AM
dunkonu23

Great, Ivan. I hope you have a blast. You KNOW I remember the picture. Kill it, bro!

Scott
Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM
phillyD

Sure ivan will know a felon will remember the Corn field. Anything with corn should be of intrest LOL
Old 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM
dunkonu23

LOL, Phil!Heli in the Corn...Heli in the Corn... Into the airit's thrown, crashed in a field we do not own.Heli in the Corn... Heli in the Corn... Like an auto that was blown, lights that should have shone... Wet Flyer in the Corn.

OYAN.... five packs today in my 450pro. AWESOME. I'm converting all my helicopters to Flybarless seriously. Not even a single hiccup today.

Scott

Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
phillyD

Very Nice Scotty Sir
Hope the corn went up un smoke LMAO.
SSSHHH quiet.I saw shane lurking.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 AM
dunkonu23

Haven't seen Stumper in a long time.  Hope he's doing well, too.  

I dunno, Phil... I do remember the picture vividly.  Absolutely classic shot by Ivan. 

I did find the cause of the noise in my 450pro.  The motor was shot.  I had a 450M that I bought well over a year ago so I put it in this morning and tested it.   No odd noises.   I did have a problem with the motor mount and the motor.  I had to file the slots out a little just so the screws would line up.   Sometimes, I wish things would just fit.  Then again, it's just a hobby. 

Hope Ivan is having a great time blasting the skies! 

Scott
Old 06-18-2011, 12:02 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

The wx here is warm, windy & partly cloudy, so the fun fly should be going well.

I did 4 packs in the cp X this morning out in front. Almost dead calm. Then I did 2 with the 450. I noted that while the 450 seemed more stable it felt sluggish. Does that make sense? To make it "perkier", do I bakeoff the expo (10% now) or is there something else I need to adjust?

Scott - Ivan said the 450 Pro is the best heli when we were talking last week. I priced the miniProtos... LOL OUCH Good deal on getting the 450 running good again. How old was the orig motor? I thought the BL motors lasted forever!

Chuck
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
dunkonu23

The weather here is about the same... now, it's calm. I wish I would have flown today, but Imade dinner.

When you say sluggish, what do you mean? Slow on collective, cyclic, motor? Dunno. Maybe you're just used to the little bumblebee in the mCPX? I know it made my 450pro feel huge!

Motor... the bearings are shot, that's what was making the noise. It made good power, but just sounded like it was hissing constantly until the end of the pack when it would hiss only under load. The motor was the original 450pro motor before they went to an uncanned outrunner. The original motor is funky but it lasted since Christmas of 2009 and had really been beaten badly with all the crashes I had. I think the crash that did it in was an inverted crash in Dayton last fall. It never sounded right after that. Indoors this year, it got really loud. So, now it's gone. I'm certain new bearings would fix it, but I really think it's a throw away item, even though I won't throw it away.

On yet another note... My wife says I'm being an A-hole tonight. I just think I'm behaving normally.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.