Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM
9sec240

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Struggling with single rotor basics V2

Chuck, I sure hope you took advantage of this evening. No wind, not overly hot, just beautiful flying weather.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
baurwin

dam, i posted earlier...... least i though....??? was responding to ivans vid, but i dont see it on here, so i guess we'll try again, grrrr

Ivan - truly impressive flying, inspires me to try to get myself out there and put a lil more effort into it lol. surely wish i could fly at ur level.... maybe someday!!!?

didnt get to play horse shoes yesterday, but did get some good beer drinking and pool lounging in lol.. o ya, squeezed in a couple of packs in on the 250(b4 the budlights by the way). almost darted it on a turn that went bad really low. somehow the instincts kicked in and saved it, sure got the blood pumpin. had restricted fly space due to the position of the sun, so i had to judge the trees to the left of me on every turn to the left. got some flip practice and just some good o 8's....

max - bummer on the heli man, failures happen, and will happen again. get'r back up lol...

happy 4th to all, and once again, impressive flyin sir ivan....
Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Maxx - BIG AZZ FISH!!!! Sucks....

Hey Bill, good to hear from you. Drive the R/C truck any more?

Dave - u da' MAN! I'm working on the initials! LOL Glad your safe! Wow, send some of that rain over here as we haven't had any in 2 days in a row!

Ivan - when I checked before dinner it was still windy so I rebuilt all the servos on the mCP X. About 7:30 I looked out the window & noticed none of the trees moving & I panicked! I figured it was too late to get to your place so I grabbed the Guru & went out in front & beat the cr@p out of it doing nose in without the training gear. One lasted at least 30 seconds which meant I actually had to control the heli for most of it. Bent the flybar at least 5 times crashing, straighten & fly again. I'll try to stop by tomorrow.

Scott - I literally shredded the tail boom on the mCP X! I cracked it two days ago but just put a coat of CA on it to hold the fibers together. Then I hit the wall at full throttle - BAM! I rebuilt all the servos just in case. Not as bad as I thought. Thanks for the tip about the driver. Trouble was 1 of the components on the PC board was more magnetized than the driver & every time I tried to put the screw in the hole, it jumped off the driver onto the board!

I've been practicing doing a reverse 180° with the mCP X - side in to side in going through nose in instead of tail in, thus all the carnage with the little guy!

Have a safe holiday everybody! No work - great!

Chuck
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM
dunkonu23

Dave,

Well, you da man so you should be in charge! I still can't wait to see what happens! Thanks for the support. I'm having a blast... see below...

Max,

I'm with Ivan... it sounded mechanical. Dunno what though. To have it just do that is odd. Max, have you watched the video's on CCPMsetup? If it pops a link that will happen.

Chuck,

Bummer. Get some 2mm CF rod and save yourself some money. I picked up two pieces and haven't broken a boom since. Oh, yeah... I know about those magnetic things... Ihad a problem with that, too. Still, the last one of the three went from in to clean and reinstalled in about 5 minutes. Sorry about the crash, though. Use the mCP X up. Everything translates! Oh, yeah.. again.. got my Turnigy batteries for the mCPXabout two weeks ago. I haven't tested them yet, but will soon. I'm waiting on a charger cable.

So... here's a little clip of today's fun...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7DSD3NZib4[/youtube]

Hard to see the blades against that sky, so I had to do what was suggested by Ivan and Eddie.

Scott

Old 07-04-2011, 12:44 AM
baurwin

nice scott, u did it lol..... so how many beats did ur heart skip lmao... i know it had to get goin, specially coming that low to the ground lol. i know mine sure does. ive almost put my 500 in the dirt on a loop, scared the crap outa me... actually almost done that a few times on a few diff helis lol.... still got me ever time. good job buddy, keep it up....,.,
Old 07-04-2011, 04:38 AM
9sec240

Wow Scott.. I said "Whoa" out loud at the bottom of the loop... you were coming in fast and hard. You have to watch those loops, they can bite you. I have run out of collective pitch at the bottom and finished loops subterranean. LOL.

Very nice loop, very nice turn back into yourself. Looked and sounded great.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:41 AM
dunkonu23

Eddie and Ivan,

Thanks bro's! My heart was beating out of my chest and Iwas breathing like someone on a crank phone call!!! LOL!Istarted that loop way late... Iwanted to make it bigger, but it just kind of happened that way.. I wanted it to be big but man, it just came around!! FAST.I'll follow the advice both of you gave... Idid like the blade farts at the bottom of the loop, though.

Scott
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 AM
9sec240

I am really enjoying the mCP X. I will try to get a video of it today for you. Man, you can learn fast on these suckers!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 AM
baurwin

ya scott, when i climb up for a loop, i dont really try to go vertical, i kinda keep it a little horizontal and give it full collective to really climb up, then i start rolling it on over the top and move closer to midstick and the start moving back up the collective as its descending back down and also moving from down to up on the cyclic. it takes some practice to get the bottom of those loops nice and smooth, im still hit n miss on em lol. i had gotten fairly descent b4 my layoff, right now though, im just happy to pull one off period.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 AM
baurwin

ORIGINAL: 9sec240

I am really enjoying the mCP X. I will try to get a video of it today for you. Man, you can learn fast on these suckers!!!

ill have to look into one of those.... can they withstand any wind at all or does have to be fairly dead calm.... ?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:34 AM
9sec240

It will take a small amount.. but nothing too crazy. It is light so it gets pushed around a bit but you have way more control than say an mCX or mSR.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Enthlapy

ORIGINAL: maxmax77

Ivan, that was some sick flying! My favorite part was where you mowed the grass with the nose-in inverted hovering, that was beaut [8D]
what camera are you using there? It's fantastic

Max, its a Sony HDR-XR150.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666073289
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
dunkonu23

Thanks for the advice, Eddie. I'm gonna keep at it and get them bigger. I was surprised how the elevator reacted, but I did pull back on the collective as it reached the top.

If you can, get the mCP X. As Ivan said, it's a great learning tool. Wind will blow it around and I've had to hit throttle hold a couple of times because it just wouldn't come back. That's my fault though because I was flying when Ishouldn't have been flying. It does have some issues, though... the tail will blow out in hard collective moves and as a pack goes down. So, you have to be gentle on the collective. It's FAST, it will make a 450 feel a lot bigger. That said, it's stable and like Ivan said, much better than any super micro.

It's durable, but things will break. You've read where Chuck shattered the tail on his. That happens... the stock tail is hollow. I've gone through a lot before I decided on a solid piece of CF rod. The links from the swash to the head are easily lost. Chuck told me to use a piece of thread to tie them together and that works beautifully. Ihaven't lost a link since doing that. I've broken links, though. Servos.. they're linear. They get oxidation on the contacts and wiper, so you have to clean them after about 50 or so flights. They're small, but it's very doable. When it's necessary, you'll notice the helicopter will wobble in flight like crazy. The only things I've broken on mine are blades, links, the tail, and landing gear. Get it. Above all, it's fun!

Scott
Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 AM
dunkonu23

Alex,

There are some great stills in that video you shot. Max is right, that camera rocks! You did a great job shooting that flight!

Scott
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Enthlapy

ORIGINAL: dunkonu23

Alex,

There are some great stills in that video you shot. Max is right, that camera rocks! You did a great job shooting that flight!

Scott

Thank you! Yea the cam's not bad, wish the focus and lux were a bit better. Stills do come out sweet from it i will give it that.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
9sec240

Video as promised!!! Took a few tries to get the hat cam angled right.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVnS3PETVMI[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVnS3PETVMI
Old 07-04-2011, 12:10 PM
dunkonu23

Very cool, Ivan! Circles in both directions, too! You getting it inverted is quite smooth, too. What are you using for a hat cam? The picture was great!

Scott
Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM
9sec240

Scott, that is a HD keychain cam. It is out of focus on the edges... more so on the right side but it does have a decent picture for $40.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:48 PM
baurwin

ohh emmm geeee, ivan used a hat cam, i cant believe it lmao....!!!!!!!!

that thing is pretty fast huh, me likey, nice flight, i may just have to run over to the lhs this week and scooop one up, how much do the batts run...? gotta get an idea how much im lookin at here lol.

oh ya, nice flying tooo, but thats pretty much a side note at this point lmao...... good job
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 PM
dunkonu23

Flybarless, too... Eddie... Batt's vary. I got 5 batteries from Hobby King (Turnigy) for about 3 bucks a piece if I recall. Otherwise, about 10 bucks. The thing comes with two batteries and a charger.

Scott
Old 07-04-2011, 01:04 PM
baurwin

Nice, I'll try to slide over and get one wen I get a chance
Old 07-04-2011, 01:05 PM
baurwin

I also need to look into getting some new batts for my 500, my current batts are pretty much shot
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
9sec240

Batteries are $5 each on HK and you can get 5 of them and shipping is only $3 So for $28 you can get five extra batteries. Or you can spend about the same ($13 each plus tax) at the LHS and get two extras. Like Scott said, you get two batteries with the heli.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
9sec240

Eddie, my hat cam might be slightly less dorky than others..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29180.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	1631510  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 PM
baurwin

Shoot no, that's aight right thur!!! Better looking than mine lol, n way better than my original with the cam strapped to the hard hat lining lmao!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.