RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Eflite Blade CX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/3570051-eflite-blade-cx.html)

Get Real 11-26-2005 02:26 AM

RE: Eflite Blade CX

thanks for the pic.. still tweaking it little by little/its flying better and im getting smoother with it.. still tons of room for improvment on my end learning to fly heli's(im happy im flying it and its not wrecked) my learnings coming along pretty well i think. i just have to remember baby steps and not get carried away with it:D.

horse010 11-26-2005 11:43 AM

How much Payload can the Eflite Blade CX carry?

I'm hoping it can carry my camera.

Jet Jaguar 11-26-2005 12:29 PM

One reason the cx is louder than the cp is because it has 2 motors instead of one. These things are very stable fliers, i was about to fly it with only my left hand with no cyclic inputs for over 10 seconds. These things almost hover on their on, but even so they are still loads of fun. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of upgrades people are going to do with these things. And they do need to be trimmed when you open the box.

Moe3754 11-26-2005 01:11 PM

I don't think that the BCX is not all that great the only thing that will put it over the XRB is the price I think that my XRB is more stable and has better flight ability than the BCX and it is quicker on the stick,for some reason when they use micro servos they are not as responsive and you need to use a radio that can use expo on it because you need the expo to boost responsiveness but on the XRB it is not needed.I use my 9CHPS on all of them but the horsefly and that is because it is a odd ball transmitter that cannot be matched up to any of the more expensive transmitters and I have tried both the Hitec Optic and the Eclipse on both shifts and neither will work.The lama 2 is closer to the XRB in flight ability and responsiveness and I like it better than the BCX.And as for all the hot shot pilots like that osinsky guy that says it is so great well have you ever heard any of those guys bad mouth a heli that they have tried??Not if they want to get paied,you need to ask the guy on the street that does not work for them just like the guy on here from horizon you really think that he is going to bad mouth something that is sold by his work place???[X(]

If I had to rate them it would be:

1=XRB
2=Lama 2
3=BCX
4=Horsefly

The BCX body is cute but that is all it is.[&:]

When all is said and done the BCX and Horsefly will probably end up on E-Bay with my Voyager E and My Freya 60,keep the good and sell the marginal.:eek:

stevennh 11-26-2005 01:38 PM

Horse010,

I don't think the CX could carry too much. It's just too small and light. I made my first attempt at on-board video on my Blade-CP a couple of days ago. My camera setup weighs about 2.5 oz and that is too much for the stock CP. I was just able to get it over head height with the setup on-board. My Blade has a vibration problem so the video kind of sucked, but here is an example. I like the shadow of the blade in the middle of the shot.

Steve

[link=http://s93421871.onlinehome.us/BladeCPOnBoard.wmv]Blade-CP OnBoard Video[/link]

-pkh- 11-26-2005 02:56 PM

I just flew the Blade CX at a local hobby shop... very nice! It's slow to respond to cyclic input (compared to the CP helis I've flown), but extremely stable... very easy to hover around indoors. I just hovered around a few minutes with it... didn't have much room to do much else, and I never get too brave with a heli I don't own!

I'll definitely consider getting one for indoor flying this winter...

Get Real 11-26-2005 06:02 PM

thanks for the feedback. its flying better after trial and error and im getting better with it. if it is more difficult than other similar heli's it will ony help when i move to a CP or T-rex. :D

ElectricFlyer_17 11-26-2005 10:54 PM

Hi Guys! I just got a BCX yesterday at my LHS. The guy that was manning the store said that he started out with 4 BCX's in the morning and when I came at 1:30 I got the last one. It is my first heli. I have been flying an Aerobird Challenger but I always wanted somehing to fly in the winter. Very stable heli! Still working out the trim on it but I am having major fun. I highly reccomend the training gear set for first-timer's. I also highly reccomend this Heli!

Get Real 11-27-2005 08:23 PM

heres something you guys may enjoy.. Full Scale 3D heli http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/componen...m_midband.html :D

mrstormy 11-27-2005 08:43 PM

Good lord, not for me. I like to keep two feet on the ground!!

ORIGINAL: Get Real

heres something you guys may enjoy.. Full Scale 3D heli http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/componen...m_midband.html :D

solartech 11-28-2005 12:44 AM

I just got my blade cx. I am new to this type of flight . I also own a Blade cp, which I can fly fairly well. This helecopter (blade cx) should have been my first one. It is very easy to fly and hover, esspecaly compaired to the blade cp. I does seem kinda slow and less responsive but this makes it easy to fly indoors. I can fly it through the house between doorways and do spot landings with ease. Over all I would higly recomened this craft, It is perfect for the first time flier.

-=TWITCH=- 11-28-2005 03:11 AM

PLease someone HELP me~ I just got my Blade CX and the charger does not work! When I connect it to a 12v power source noting happens. No red LED nothing!!! What do I do? I have a duratrax ICE sharger that will charge LIPO packs, the only problem I have is I dont know how to hook it up to the ICE Charger? Is anyone else using something other than the stock CRAP charger that comes with it? I am not sure what to do. My ICE charger has only a Positive and Negative out put for charging I have no idea what the middle blue plug is for on the pack. If anyone could give me any ideas I would love it. I really need to get this CX off the ground!!

Chris

Get Real 11-28-2005 03:30 AM

unless you have a different pack than one included.. there should be a red jst connector and a white balancer plug on your pack. if your charger has cell count and amp adjustment set it to 2 cell charging and .5 amp setting and it should charge fine. also check that included charger is making good contact with power source. even with out power source connected to charger you should get red light on included charger with balance plug connected to charger. E-flite is really good with there support and if charger is at fault im sure theyll replace it no problem.

-=TWITCH=- 11-28-2005 03:43 AM

Ok Real so you are saying that I have to just find a Female plug for my Pack that came with the CX and adapt that to my charger? what do I do about the middle balancer wire?

Chris

Get Real 11-28-2005 04:11 AM

no not suggesting that.. id use there charger after they send you replacment.. i have no idea what your exact specs are on charger you mentioned... best way and safest is to use the white balancer plug/if thats not an option and you want to fly rite away you could pick up a female jst connector and solder it to charge wires on charger. lipos can be very dangerous if not charged properly.. any battery for that matter but more so with lipos. when using a charger with a lipo its very important you charge at proper rate and cell count. if your sure charger you have is lipo compatable and its set properly it should be fine charging through jst connector(its best to use balancer plug though). make sure polarity is rite on connector when you solder it to charger. good luck.

Corwin38 11-28-2005 08:42 AM

I use my 9CHPS on all of them but the horsefly and that is because it is a odd ball transmitter that cannot be matched up to any of the more expensive transmitters

What are your settings for the 9HCP? Anything special about setting it up?

Corwin38 11-28-2005 08:44 AM

Ooops....that last message (about the 9CHP) was supposed to quote Moe3754's message. Has anyone been setting this heli up on another radio?

-=TWITCH=- 11-28-2005 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Get Real

no not suggesting that.. id use there charger after they send you replacment.. i have no idea what your exact specs are on charger you mentioned... best way and safest is to use the white balancer plug/if thats not an option and you want to fly rite away you could pick up a female jst connector and solder it to charge wires on charger. lipos can be very dangerous if not charged properly.. any battery for that matter but more so with lipos. when using a charger with a lipo its very important you charge at proper rate and cell count. if your sure charger you have is lipo compatable and its set properly it should be fine charging through jst connector(its best to use balancer plug though). make sure polarity is rite on connector when you solder it to charger. good luck.
Thanks a lot REAL, does the charger itself have to have a balancer plug or is that only somthing that the Pack uses? I know 100% my ICE charger is LIPO ready just having a hard time understanding the balancer wire and the plug!

Thanks

Chris

-pkh- 11-28-2005 03:25 PM

The "balancer plug" simply brings out the terminals of the individual cells in the pack... this allows you to charge each cell individually, guaranteeing that you never exceed the max voltage for that cell. To do a balanced charge with a single channel charger (i.e. a charger that can only charge one battery/pack at a time), you'd have to make some connectors that would bring out each cell to the charger, and charge them one at a time... one after the other. A quick way to do this would be to charge the whole pack in series (using the discharge connector) to about 80% capacity, and then use the balancer plug to top off each cell individually.

From what I understand, the charger that comes with the CX is a balanced charger, which actually charges each cell individually and does them all simultaneously using the balancer plug.

If you are careful not to over discharge or over charge your packs, you probably won't have a problem with the balance of your pack. I'd recommend just charging the pack with the "discharge" connector, and perhaps use a voltmeter to check the voltage balance on the individual cells occasionally... and then rebalance them if they get too far off.

jjvanwingen 11-28-2005 05:08 PM

Hi everyone- Great thread, thanks for all the info. The videos have been great-- E-flite should reward all of you for great advertising! I'm getting ready to place my order for the Blade CX. This will be my first heli but I do own Real Flight G2 and can mangage to hover a little on that. This is my question: what should I order in addtion to the heli besides an extra battery? Should I get extra blades? If so, upper or lower or both? How about the training gear? My LHS doesn't have parts yet but they do for the CP so it's probably just a matter of time. Thanks.

Get Real 11-28-2005 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Twitch.. pkh answered this question very well. i'll also add this. the lipo technology has been evolving by leaps and bounds and the balancer plug is fairly new as well/some older lipos didnt use them. the balancer plug insures the best and safest charge for your pack providing you charge it at proper rates and insures the longest life of the cells. if you dont have a balancer plug on your charger it can still be charged through the standard jst plug but doesnt ensure the best charge or longest life of the cells/i have several chargers and older ones dont have balancer plug capability but charge fine and i havent noticed a drastic difference in the batterys performance. below is some of my other batterys and chargers with out balancer plugs that work fine.

Get Real 11-28-2005 07:21 PM

heres a couple suggestions/im brand new to helis. the video i posted shows the Blade CX can be flown by a total novice. i do have Realflight G3 and did practice with it a while back before the purchase of my BCX and think it had a lot to do with the success of my flights so far. i was comfortable enough to take off traing gear rather early and this may very depending on indavidual learnig curves and comfort levels. i would suggest training gear to anyone else who is flying a heli for the first time as being mandatory for success with out damage to the heli and the gear is $10.00. a full set of blades can be bought for under $10.00 and the back up parts are fairly inexpensive for this heli as well. besides training gear i only bought an extra lipo. take your time learn at your own pace and comfort level. if possable have someone who flys helis help with your first flight and make sure heli is trimmed and flying well before your first flight if possable. good luck and have fun :D

-=TWITCH=- 11-28-2005 08:23 PM

Thanks a lot for all the help, I have been charging the packs using my ICE charger and it seems to do just fine. I must say I have never flown a plane or a heli of that matter and this thing ROCKs. Its a blast, I have been flying it around my apartment a lot. It is just great. Takes off and HOVERS perfect if you get out of control just let off with your right hand and right back to hovering and you can adjust from there. It really is a easy Heli to fly, but that does not mean you dont have to practive and learn. For the first two packs I was very shaky and all over the place. The more I take my time and fly the smoother it gets and the more I can do, its just great!

I am going to buy another two packs for a total of 4 so there will be little to NO down time!:D

Gota go back to FLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Get Real 11-28-2005 09:00 PM

im glad its working well for you. something to remember the motors will get pretty warm after a 10 minute flight and need some downtime to cool down as well as the 4in1 esc. if theres no cooldown time between flights youll risk performance and longevity issues with motors and possibly 4in1 unit. just like computers to much heat is bad and if not properly cooled can ruin your day. keep the videos coming :D

Corwin38 11-29-2005 12:01 AM

Hey jjvanwingen,

Definitely get extra sets of blades. The ones on this heli are thin and can chip fairly easily. And the blades are VERY inexpensive (I think like 4-5 bucks for two sets). E-flite makes a heat sink for the motors that can be easily installed by yourself. You can get all this stuff from Horizonhobby.com. If you have trouble finding the items using their search engine (the battery for instance), go to E-fliterc.com, find the part, and then click on Buy It Now. This takes you directly to the item on Horizon Hobby's site. The E-fliterc.com website has a lot of great info as well.