RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/)
-   -   Eflite Blade CX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/e-flite-helicopters-447/3570051-eflite-blade-cx.html)

solartech 11-29-2005 12:27 AM

RE: Eflite Blade CX

has any one broken any parts?? I have managed to break part#EFLH1212. This happened when I landed in the snow and it tipped over. Otherwise this heli is lots of fun. I can acctualy hand lanuch it and catch it when it lands, while I am controling it. Also has anyone moved the contol links to the outer holes of the servo arms? Will this give this helecopter more response?

Get Real 11-29-2005 06:44 AM

Payload Test http://media.putfile.com/BCX-Payload-Test used my extra 2 cell 7.4 800 mah lipo for this test. unable to find a spec on this batterys weight at this time. it should be listed soon. now to find a micro video camera of similar or less weight thats affordable(under $100.00). :D THIS WAS JUST A TEST Not suggesting anyone do this with their BCX/it not only could cause premature part failure but also probally void any warrantys. i should of posted this disclaimer earlier. wouldnt want e-flite getting back a bunch of helis because some guy online did this. hope you understand where im coming from :D

helmutk 11-29-2005 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Get Real

Payload Test http://media.putfile.com/BCX-Payload-Test used my extra 2 cell 7.4 800 mah lipo for this test. unable to find a spec on this batterys weight at this time. it should be listed soon. now to find a micro video camera of similar or less weight thats affordable(under $100.00). :D
Nice test. Was that the max height and flight time for the test with that weight?

You should be able to find a wireless color camera for around $50.
Here's a link to one... http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...php?cat=6&pg=6.
You can also find them on ebay.

RodgerC130 11-29-2005 01:00 PM

Solartech,
I broke the same part on my BCX. I tipped it over and fell from my coffee table on the top of the heli. My LHS said that a parts shipment is due in on Thursday. I think that, that part is the weakest on the heli. But it is a great heli. I also have the BCP which I bought about a month and a half prior to getting this one. Hope to get the parts in soon. Good flying.
Rodger

Speedfighter 11-29-2005 02:36 PM

Has anyone flown both, Blade CX and Twister Bell 47? How they compare? How much better CX is or is it? I was going to buy Twister because CX is not sold yet here in Europe. It takes at least six months before I can buy CX from my LHS here in "next Country from North Pole" :)

Get Real 11-29-2005 03:14 PM

helmutk. had plenty of reserve power during test/had plenty of charge left in battery and flew it probally close 10 minutes total. under normal conditions it flys 10 minutes or more per charge. kept heli low so you could see it actually had extra lipo as cargo. height was not a problem and it could of easily climbed to my ceiling height in house. not sure how long it would fly with a load of that weight for entire flight but it flew fine. my only concern would be possibly overheating motors or the 4in1 unit if flown with extra weight for long lengths of time. thanks for the link to cam info:D

jjvanwingen 11-29-2005 05:21 PM

Corwin38 and Get Real: Thanks for the info. Is the heat sink important to get? And should I order both upper and lower blades? What about the stabilizer flybar? thanks again.

omextreme 11-29-2005 10:54 PM

The more parts you have on hand the better, that is my motto. As far as the heat sink,,,, In my Opinion it is a must... Heat is the number 1 killer of all things electric, aside from water....

Just got mine today, 6 flights and loving every minute of it.. i decreased the expo and noticed the tail started to drift a lilttle, nothing un controlable.

RonHill 11-29-2005 11:13 PM

The little thing flew great. At one LHS a few of the guys were flying it all around. I went to another hobby shop today and they had one out. They handed me the controls and all I can say is this thing is almost too easy to fly. It was rock solid stable. I dont think anyone will have a problem with this thing.

Thinking of buying one for my brother.

Get Real 11-30-2005 12:51 AM

im totally new to helis/but id get the heatsink as well. there not available yet through my local shop. heat is bad.. can weaken magnets and fry motors. the cooler the better/ and give the heli a break to cool down between flights i use heatsinks on my inrunner set up planes and will get one for the BCX when there available. its always better to have something and not need it than need something and not have it :D the parts are pretty inexpensive and it wouldnt hurt to have back ups. if you damage one set the other set will probally get damaged to during mishaps.

Corwin38 11-30-2005 08:01 AM

Heat Sink $3.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=EFLH1208

Lower Blades (that's 2 PAIR, not 2 blades) $3.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=EFLH1220

Upper Blades (again, 2 PAIR) $3.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...rodID=EFLH1221

Being able to fly while your friends are waiting on their shipment or going to the LHS..............well, you know....
:D:D:D

helmutk 11-30-2005 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Get Real

helmutk. had plenty of reserve power during test/had plenty of charge left in battery and flew it probally close 10 minutes total. under normal conditions it flys 10 minutes or more per charge. kept heli low so you could see it actually had extra lipo as cargo. height was not a problem and it could of easily climbed to my ceiling height in house. not sure how long it would fly with a load of that weight for entire flight but it flew fine. my only concern would be possibly overheating motors or the 4in1 unit if flown with extra weight for long lengths of time. thanks for the link to cam info:D
That's great. sounds very promising for an onboard wireless camera. I have one for my E-Sky Honey Bee CP2 that I am only just hovering, that I would like to try in my E-Sky Lama2 or Blade CX.
For the HB the camera gets it's power from the heli battery with a cable splitter. But it is a 3 cell LiPo so it has enough to power it.
Don't know if the 2 cell LiPo in the CX will have enough to power the camera so may have to also carry a 9volt battery for it. I will try it eventually.
I know a few people were speculating or assuming there was no extra power in the Blade CX available for a payload.
Sounds like as long as you keep the motor temps down it should be fine.
Heatsink for sure and probably minimum 10 minute cool down between flights.
Maybe also the "blackout" mod for the motors to help cool them.
Motors are only around $10 each so that's not bad if they have to be replaced more often.

Get Real 11-30-2005 02:12 PM

when i get a chance im gonna pick up a watt meter that will tell me amps voltages rpm etc. i have been wanting one for tests on my planes and it would show how much payload weight pushes the bcx capabilitys/id check for exact specs on 4in1 unit as well as the motors before i tryed using bcx to carry payloads for long lengths of time. im sure small weights wouldnt hurt it in any way such as weights comprable to the training gear. i plan on using cams with my planes in spring and maybe the bcx to. keep me posted of your results if you turn a bcx into a mini camera ship. and video would be great to thanks:D

-pkh- 11-30-2005 02:34 PM

Problem is... the watt meter will weigh about as much as your intended payload... make sure you factor in the wattmeter weight in your payload vs. current measurements. Get yourself one of those inexpensive digital postal scales to weigh your stuff (I think I got mine for $25 or less at Office Depot)... it's well worth it when you get into micro helis, foamies, park flyers, etc...

MA3K 12-01-2005 11:52 AM

Brand spanken new heli pilot! so new I don't even have my CX yet. I'm busting at the seems because it's on order and should be here in about a week.
I went to LHS yesterday and picked up 2 li-po batteries, AC charger, upper blades, lower blades, and a set of skids. ( just in case.)
I've read alot about the CX and based on the responses I've seen here I think I'll be very happy.
I had contemplated on the Blade CP but decided the CX would give me at least a "Feel" for a controller in my hands and basic stick movements with much less risk than attempting the CP model with no experience. I see the CP in my future.
No G3 experience but would like to find G2 somewhere.(Computer compatibility issues prohibit G3).
I love this site and the information has been great!!
Videos are also tremendous.
Thanks.
:D
It

Corwin38 12-01-2005 12:14 PM

MA3K, looks like you are on the right track for advancing. You are going to love this thing (typing this while I am recharging my batteries :D:D:D).

Have you looked at Aerofly Pro? I have it and G3. I tend to like Aerofly better if for nothing else, the free downloads. They have a ton of planes on their website.

Check it out....

http://www.aeroflypro.com/

slagburn 12-01-2005 12:27 PM

I just got a CX yesterday. It flies about 100x easier than the CP in my novice hands.

Be careful though.. the little plastic piece on the very top of the mainshaft in the center of the weights will break if you look at it too hard.
It's a 10 dollar part, too- it's part of one of the mainshafts.
I think this piece will cause many people lots of downtime. It's an unnecessarily weak part of the helicopter.

Corwin38 12-01-2005 12:52 PM

Here's another little tidbit, FWIW.....The weighted flybar...mark it where it is out of the box. Mine popped of a couple of times and when I put it back on (wrong position) the heli would wobble severely just above the ground. I finally got the position right and it flies fine.

MA3K 12-01-2005 08:24 PM

Corwin,
Thanks for the link! I saw the SIM you mention but I'm not clear on a few things....do I need my own TX for it or is it included? Can my CX's TX hook up to it? That is why I was looking at G2 because it comes with a controller (TX) For the program that is. I don't have my own TX so I would have to buy one on top of the price of the SIM.

My LHS said I was being greedy because I bought 2 of the three Li-po's they had ordered. The salesperson was half kidding but I know I won't want to wait so long for one battery to re-charge after each flight.

I also have read that a few people are having issues with the small parts at the top of the rotor. Should I get some of these as well?
Just want to be prepared.
I also wasn't going to buy the safety gear(Ping Pong ball device).
The stability of the CX makes me think I won't need it.
I also flew a Venom Outback at my LHS for about 5 minutes. I had no major issues even though the demo was all beat up inclding broken blades.
Do you think I should still get the safety gear to be safe?

What do you think?

Thanks
MA3K

Corwin38 12-01-2005 08:32 PM

MA3K

Looks like Aerofly Pro does have a version with a controller. A little pricey, though ($225), but would probably be worth the investment if you are looking to advavce. Hey! You could always sell it on e-bay later! :)

I think the training gear would be a good idea. I say this because I have been chipping the heck out of the upper blades if the heli lays over on a landing.

slagburn 12-02-2005 12:16 AM

I don't think the training gear is necessary on this little heli unless you're flying off rough surfaces.

I found a pretty good fix for the cheesy top piece. I had another incident that broke off one half of the square drive for the flybar, same as the first breakage. Wrapped it in carbon thread and thin CA'd it. Not long after that it crashed at workbench top height and landed on the floor on the rotors w/ no damage.

Get Real 12-02-2005 04:12 AM

The more i fly the BCX the more i like it. i hopped on realflight and decided to play around with the heli's/i forgot how much precision it took to hover standard rotor helis. it was fun but only reminded me of the inheirent stability of the counter rotating heli set up. the BCX is truly self hovering when trimmed properly. its been a blast since i bought it last week. would reccomend it to anyone/first time heli flyer like me or seasoned veteran that wants something to fly inside when weathers bad like it is out here this time of year. im progressing more and more everytime i fly it. i havent had any part failures at this time.

MA3K 12-02-2005 11:40 PM

I GOT MT CX TODAY! I have 3 batteries so I got going immediately. I did buy the training gear. I'm glad I did. Being a brand new Heli pilot with no SIM training or anything, I think its helped.
Props to you REAL. you sure can fly that thing. I'm nowhere close to being that good. I know I'm new and shouldn't expect to much to soon. I don't think I have my trims adjusted properly or the training gear is creating stability problems to some degree. I'm also using a very small space about 8' X 8'. Either way I love this thing!

Can someone answer me this...When I begin to take off from the floor my CX starts drifting to the right just before it comes off the ground. Is this ground affect or should I adjust my trims to prevent this. Everything I've read says to trim while hovering. I think I might be over trimming the bird.
Thanks everyone!
And man am I glad I didn't start with the CP.

MA3K

EZ Money 12-02-2005 11:46 PM

I got mine today. My LHS got 6 in and the guy that owns it called me. I went right over and by the time I got there (10 min.) all except mine were gone. I heard no more until after Christmas.

It is very, very easy to set up and fly. My MX 400 is a good heli but it still has issues trying to get a solid hover, not this one. I set it up in a 3' hover in my living room and went hands off for nearly a minute.

Anyone can learn on this helicopter.

EZ Money 12-02-2005 11:51 PM

Start with rudder trim in a hover. If that doesn't solve the problem then turn the adjustment screw on the 4 in 1. Clockwise will control too much right spinning and counter clockwise if it goes to the left.

Just a little bit at first. I moved mine from 9 O'clock to 12 O'clock and that was waaaay too much.

Also battery position is pretty critical. Mine would move to the rear with full forward trim. I moved the battery forward and it cured that.