Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Toker41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

What blade are you guys swinging with the 480?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Doc Austin

ORIGINAL: Toker41

What blade are you guys swinging with the 480?
The motor will pull a 12/6, but with an 11/7 the performance is about the same and you get just a bit more run time. You also get 1/2" more ground clearance and the Pulse needs it. You can fly the 12/6, but you have to be more careful taking off and landing,

I'm flying 3D now, so my Mini Pulse is just hanging there unused. At $90 a pop I can't afford to buy too many 2.4 receivers, so I had to cannibalize the one out of the Pulse. I need money and thought about selling her, but the Pulse is such a nice plane I know I will just want another one later. I'll let her hang there and when my interests gravitate back to sport flying all I'll have to do install a receiver.

I have to say I'm delighted there is still so much interest in the plane though. My new Mini Pulse only has about 10 flights on her, so we haven't completely bonded yet, but my first Pulse was a magic airplane. No matter how hard I flew her, how many chances I took, how many times I flew over my head or how close we came to disaster, she refused to go into the ground. She was truely magic. A friend has her now and she just keeps on going and going. She is up to about 400 flights now, so she has been an outstanding value all the way around for everyone.

Oh, I'm not done with the Pulse. In fact, I'm taking my big Pulse XT46 nitro monster out today. I still love a roaring nitro beast, but I only have one. I'll probably always have an XT46 because I love the Pulse and I love nitro. I'm sure the Mini will fly again.

Here's Mini Pulse #1 in action.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/pics-vids2.htm

Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Snoopyxupery

Last video with skis

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?doc...921&pr=goog-sl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30801.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	836957  
Old 12-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Snoopyxupery

An other one

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?doc...87283116&hl=fr

http://aeromodelisme707.blogspot.com/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43469.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	837490  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
rascusn3

Nice video, hers one of my mini pulse crashing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1tgKcdXZAc This happened last spring.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Fliprob17

Ouch
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Snoopyxupery

I'm so sorry for you. How did it happen? At least did you save any parts? Motor, ESC, Radio, Servos....
The plane by it self dos'nt cost too much.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:39 PM
john j

Hi yall, i just bought a mpx pnp and had a question. Would i be able to use a dualsky 2200 mah 3cell 1.1 volt battery?? If not any reccomendations?? I cant wait to get out and fly this thing. i am new to the hobby and it is my 2nd plane.Thanks for all the input
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
bertsirkin

ORIGINAL: john j

Hi yall, i just bought a mpx pnp and had a question. Would i be able to use a dualsky 2200 mah 3cell 1.1 volt battery?? If not any reccomendations?? I cant wait to get out and fly this thing. i am new to the hobby and it is my 2nd plane.Thanks for all the input

I use an e-flite 2100 mah 3-cell (3S) 11.0volt battery. As long as it physically fits in the battery compartment, it should be good. This was my 3rd plane - the first one an airelon trainer, the second crashed & destroyed on it's first flight and now the MPXT. The MPXT is GREAT, BUT let me give you some "novice" advice.

I didn't realize the importance of 2 things when I started (maybe you do, but I'll mention it anyway).

1) Make sure the CG is correct.
2) Make sure you have the correct "throws" on the aileron, rudder and elevator. I missed that and my first flight with the MPXT was almost disaster. The throws were WAY TOO MUCH. I had to adjust on my transmitter to set the throws at about 40-60% of their maximums. Once I did that, it flies like a dream!

Good luck!
Bert
Old 01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Fliprob17

ORIGINAL: john j

You shouldn't have any problems. It will fly a tad heavier, but not really enough to make a big difference.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
bertsirkin

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but we finally got a good weather day and I took the MPXT up for a spin - and it did just that. After about 30 seconds, it started in a death spiral. Oddly, the only damage when it hit the ground was the landing gear broke off, breaking the wood in the fusalage. It should be repariable though.

What caused it was one fo the aileron servos locked-up a full 90 degrees from the center point. One aileron was REALLY maxed out, causing the spin. I tried to move the servo arm back towards the center, but with just a little pressure, a gear inside must have broken. I will be replacing the servo (that servo costs $28!!).

I have the transmitter (DX7) set to only use about 60% of the aileron throw so I don't think the transmitter caused it to max-out. ANyone else have a problem like this?

Bert
Old 01-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Bearwulf

I need advice w.r.t the Park 480. I have assembled everything on my MPXT and have just been waiting for the 2200mah 3S1P battery to arrive. My setup is Park 480 with APC 11x7E prop and a 30A Hobbywing Pentium ESC. However, when I finally received the battery today, is was a 2200mah 4S1P. Doh! I don't want to wait another week or two to fix this. The battery will just about fit and the weight is only about 38g more the the 3S. Can anyone confirm that a 4S lipo will cook the 480? Has anyone tried this setup?

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:38 AM
S.C.C.

ORIGINAL: Bearwulf

I need advice w.r.t the Park 480. I have assembled everything on my MPXT and have just been waiting for the 2200mah 3S1P battery to arrive. My setup is Park 480 with APC 11x7E prop and a 30A Hobbywing Pentium ESC. However, when I finally received the battery today, is was a 2200mah 4S1P. Doh! I don't want to wait another week or two to fix this. The battery will just about fit and the weight is only about 38g more the the 3S. Can anyone confirm that a 4S lipo will cook the 480? Has anyone tried this setup?

Thanks!
The extra Weight would probably be OK. It's the 14.8v thats the problem. 3S max.[]
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Te...rodID=EFLM1505
Old 01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
styrenejunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Where would everyone suggest that I announce that I have an entire set of parts for sale for the Mini Pulse XT? When I sent in my plane for a warranty complaint, they ended up sending an entire new kit back to me. Consequently I have a second set of landing gear, spinner, cowling, canopy, etc.

I know that I can use the "classifieds", but it seems that it would be very specific to this group. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian
Old 01-13-2008, 01:12 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Hello all,

Been a while since I posted last, I have been really enjoying my pulse over the 9 months, and 40 flights I have on her...which almost came to a end yesterday after my first incident! Needless to say, this is one very surdy ARF infact I am surprised there is not more damage after what happened:

After pulling out my 20 amp E-flite ESC I have had installed since the maiden, I installed a 45 amp Phoenix Castle ESC which had most of the default programming options as the E-flite 20 Amp I had in it before. Although the one setting I overlooked was the option to either shut the motor down or gradually reduce power until reaching cutoff. The default phoenix setting is set to shut the motor down before cutoff and not gradually spool it down like the e-flite.
So there I was, realizing my 15 minute timer was about to runout on my 9CAP telling me its time to put her down for the day, when all of sudden, over some trees and this picnic awning, the motor quit! I tried to reduce the power to idle to reset the ESC and give me a fewe seconds of power, but it was too late. I straightened the wings and let it glide in. I figured it was going to smack into the roof of the picnic awning, but it missed it! My depth perception proved me wrong but I still gave it some aileron inputs to avoid what I thought was some obstacles. Already being slow, it didnt like the inputs and stalled about 6-9 feet above the grass, and then landed on the wing first and kartwheeled to a stop. It looked bad, and sounded bad, and walking up to it I expected the worse! To my suprise there was no visible damage to the wing, fuse, tail or landing gear! I couldnt beleive it! After taking it home and removing the wing, the only damage was some cracks to the fuse sides where the wing mounting plate joins. A little epoxy and its good as new! I am very surprised and got really lucky, but I love this bird even more now that it survived. Its been my favorite, and thankfully it will be around for some more flights once I order a Caslte link to reprogram the ESC to my likeing.

Regards,
Aaron

here are my specs:

E-flite 450
Castle Phoenix 45 ESC
TP 3S 2100
Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Fliprob17

ORIGINAL: Bearwulf

Thanks!
You don't want to run a 4s pack on the Park 480. You will burn it up. You could probably get away with it for a while if you really prop'd down a bunch to get an acceptable amp draw around 20-25amps. But you would REALLY need to prop. down, like a 9x5 or 8x6. Really, it is not worth it, at some point the motor is going to say enough is enough and quit on you.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:25 PM
mwmollat

Hi, will a Align 430L outrunner work on this plane? It is a spare motor from a TREX 450. Any mods rerquired? According to the manual, it is 3550KV and will provide 300 amps max.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Fliprob17

Wow..... 3550kv....that is a ton. You would need to run a gearbox or geardrive to bring the rpm's down, and allow you to run a decent sized prop. for the plane.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
SackOHammers

Saw a guy take a radio hit right after take-off with his mini-pulse this weekend. It was suspected that some nitro boat guys at a nearby pond were responsible.
The poor plane went nose in... pushing the motor back into the fuse quite a bit. Mushed the LiPo as well. Owner suspected that the motor was ruined because how hard it hit.
Was a bummer to see it happen.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, That sucks, where I fly there are random people flying nearby also. You gotta be careful, that is the worst type of crash, radio interference, you feel so helpless!!

Aaron
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
woodbender

Makes me all the happier I spent the $ for the Futaba T6EX 2.4GHz. Not only do I not worry much about my plane, I don't worry much about others either.

But seeing what I just wrote, am I being too complacent?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 AM
S.C.C.

I have put this on three sites now[X(] but just in case you don't forum hop here's some relaxing flying on the beach

http://www.vimeo.com/608504
Old 01-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Snoopyxupery

Very nice video. I just receive a FlyCamOne2 camera to take video onboard the plane. I'll try it soon.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/video-camera.htm
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
SackOHammers

I enjoy watching all of your videos SCC. Thanks for posting the link.
Did you change out your ESC? You used the JETI before, yes?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Snoopyxupery

I need help! I was flying this morning and the ESC was beeping all the time and I was missing power. I land ok.
I check the battery (2070 mha Thunder power) it was not less than 11volts. First time that happen with the MPXT.[]
I was trying the new FlyCamOne2 we can hear the sound of the ESC beep all the way

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?doc...01986056&hl=fr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.