Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 PM
newjak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

ORIGINAL: derek2005

Had a radio issue today. I was flying because the wind finally was not blowing, although it was cold. All was well until I lost radio contact. Luckily, the plane had some elevator and slight yaw and it just slowly circled to the ground. I thought that maybe my batery connection was bad, but no, it was fine. The ESC still had power, just no radio. Took it inside and all wires were still connected to the receiver, and the radio was now working?????? Any ideas?
I went through a similar situation with my MUS. I suspect it was a BEC overload and shutdown. My MUS went in from about 100 ft up. Since then it has been repaired and I now use a UBEC. Slowly but surely I am adding UBEC's to all of my planes that have more than 3 servos in use. It is totally worth it for the peace of mind.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Snoopyxupery

Today wind 10mph
BL 480
Esc 40 Amp
Prop 10x8

Vidéo:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsmYwzj01s
Old 12-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Paintbug

i recently picked up a Mini Pulse XT PNP kit a couple of weeks ago. threw in an AR6200, binded it my DX6i and went flying. this is my first balsa plane, and to be honest, i am thinking of selling off all the gas stuff LOL. i have only been flying for a little over a year, and this is the first plane that i put together and took off all by myself. it took off straight as an arrow, and only needed a little elevator trim to keep it flying straight and level. while this plane does not loop and roll like my Twist 40, it is great plane to fly. last weekend that is the only plane i took out to fly. i am now looking at some larger electric planes because of this great experience!
Old 12-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Snoopyxupery

ORIGINAL: Paintbug

last weekend that is the only plane i took out to fly. i am now looking at some larger electric planes because of this great experience!

I suggest you the Pulse XT 25e ARF

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82148.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1084932  
Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 PM
patnchris

Go all the way to the Pulse 40XT.....If you didn't already have a Mini Pulse, I'd have recommended the Pulse .25e....Actually, if you are prepared to jump to .46-.60 sized planes, the possibilities are endless. I have a .46 sized Ultimate, a .90 size Extra 260, Funtana 50X, Pulse 40XT, GP Revolver, and .50 sized Yak all converted to Electric.....Pat
Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
jetboy11914

If you are looking for 3D and Sport, 3DHobbyshop makes some of the best electric size aerobatic stuff on the market. Check em' out at 3DHobbyshop.com
Old 12-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Paintbug

ORIGINAL: patnchris

Go all the way to the Pulse 40XT.....If you didn't already have a Mini Pulse, I'd have recommended the Pulse .25e....Actually, if you are prepared to jump to .46-.60 sized planes, the possibilities are endless. I have a .46 sized Ultimate, a .90 size Extra 260, Funtana 50X, Pulse 40XT, GP Revolver, and .50 sized Yak all converted to Electric.....Pat

i have been looking at the Eratix 3D 25e from Eflite. as well as some others in 50" wing range. i really cannot go much larger, as i cannot fit anything over 55" in the car lol. i really need a truck
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
fecalasu

One question to the group that probably has been asked many times. What is the biggest lipo battery that the Mini Pulse can handle? I'm drying my TP 2100 pretty fast.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 PM
patnchris

Don't know about anyone else, but I've found that anything larger than a 2100ma won't fit. TP 2200 V3's won't. Dual Sky 2200's or True RC 2200's won't fit either. I don't know what you mean by "draining pretty fast". I set my timer at 10 minutes and usually only need to put 1500ma or so back in the ThunderPower packs flying at mostly full throttle. Of course that's with a Park 450 and 10 X 7 APC prop. I find 10 minutes for one flight is enough. I'd suggest that instead of larger packs, just buy more of the same. I have 15 packs and 4 chargers.....Needless to say, I can marathon fly for as long as I want. However, I've found that marathon flying usually leads to fatigue and that usually ends up in lots of repairs...I used to go to the field on a Saturday and try to get in as many flights as possible. I would fly, continously until I finally crashed, then move on to another plane.....There were times when I got 20-30 flights in a morning....But then I'd spend the next week repairing crashed planes.....Now I go to the field and try to space my flying to 3 10 minute flights in an hour. 4 hours at the field fields around 12- 14 flights, but my repair time has dropped to just a couple hrs. per week. The time and money I saved has allowed me to afford more and larger planes. Since I'm not losing as many to attrition, I now have 20 planes in my hanger that are ready to fly at any time. ....JMHO....Pat
Old 12-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Frank Rizzo

Hi,

This has been an extremely informative thread so far, I'm about half way through. I actually ordered mine yesterday and am really looking forward to flying it. Hopefully I'll have some nice video to post.

Thanks, F.R.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Snoopyxupery

Video last sunday.
wearing ski
wind 10 m/h
480 BL E-flite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsxC5M8-b6k
Old 01-01-2009, 03:20 PM
CaptainRandy

Hi Pat,

I was just reading through some Mini Pulse threads, and I just finished reading yours about continuous flying. I totally agree, and might have been why I crashed mine. I almost always fly non stop like it's a friggin marathon or something.

I guess it's a good thing that they sell the parts for them, as the fuse is beyond repair to me. Everything else is in good shape, just have to get my bulkhead removed so I can use my HC motor. It sure does fly well when you don't run out of air.

I have been trying to find the best price on the fuse, and so far it looks like about 48 bucks from Horizon Hobbies.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
woodbender

I have been trying to find the best price on the fuse, and so far it looks like about 48 bucks from Horizon Hobbies.
[link=http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200469715]Wholesale Trains[/link] has it for $45.00.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
CrashGaalaas
My Feedback: (8)

Snoopyxupery,
What are you using for skis? Or, where did you get your skis?
We have plenty of snow in Minnesota and I am ready to go flying.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
CaptainRandy

WoodBender,

Thanks for the link. I will order up
Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Snoopyxupery

ORIGINAL: CrashGaalaas

Snoopyxupery,
What are you using for skis? Or, where did you get your skis?
We have plenty of snow in Minnesota and I am ready to go flying.
Yes I use Dubro
Lot of snow in Canada to of course

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=DUB825

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Product...x?ProdID=DUB830

I use them also on my Taylorcraft as you can see on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUwUZnLMnQ
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17916.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1101260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65668.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1101261  
Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
derek2005

Hey all, I finally put the landing gear back on the MP after a run of belly landings. I was missing ROGs and I reinforced the landing gear area and replaced my worn out landing gear axles/screws. I took the plane up yesterday at dusk and had a little fun. I do think I am going to have to rebalance the plane though. It seemed a bit nose heavy and it was bad enough that inverted flight performance was poor. Upright was OK, but not what I'm used to. It was good to do a real landing again though. Even out of balance this plane still flies well. Very forgiving.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
derek2005

Another one bites the dust!!!!!!

I was attempting to flat spin my MP today and a gust pushed it over and I over-corrected without sufficient altitude and CRUNCH> Aouwch! That hurt. Totaled the fuse from behind the canopy to the front, totaled the left wing, and severely damaged the right wing. All electronics are OK!!!! The only piece that survived was the tail. It is spotless.

I will miss this plane. I have been wanting to build a plane, but I didn't have room in the hangar. Now I do. I could buy a new wing. I have a bare fuse that just needs the wing mounting plate reinstalled. I can buy a new kit for the price of a wing though.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:34 PM
woodbender

Sorry to hear that, Derek.

I munched my first plane, bought a new fuse, munched it again and bought a whole new plane. Needs another fuse now, sure do miss it. anyone with a usable fuse, shoot me an email.

I've moved on to the 25e, but I'd still love to have a MPXT to zoom around with.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
derek2005

Thanks Woodbender,

I love my mini pulse, and if I can't find a plane to build, I may just get another. Such a great plane. It had been very durable, but full throttle into the gravel doesn't do any balsa plane much good. I was really amazed by the extent of the damage. Pile of toothpicks. I would like to get a plane that is slightly more capable, but I am not sure what plane would qualify in the same size range. I love being able to keep it at work and fly on my breaks. Right now I fly my mini titan and stryker. Yesterday was actually the first day I had flown my MP in over a month. Should have kept it on the shelf for another day. Oh well, no pain, no fun.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
ArnieMaui

Get the same plane if you love it. I love mine. She is always a great goto. I recently purchased the GP Edge 540 EP, the dark blue one, visible and a great flyer with a lot of great comments at the field. Red Bull Air Race scale. I flight it with the same set-up as the mini pulse for 7 min. Could use a 480+ for unlimited.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:16 PM
woodbender

I put my 480 etc. out of my old MPXT into the eflite Extra 260. The 260 flies great, but it ain't a MPXT. I keep thinking I'll eventually have a 'hard' landing with the 260 to give me an excuse to get a new MPXT fuse and swap all the gear back.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
patnchris

Lon,
What don't you like about the Extra 260??....I've built one but have yet to maiden it...Pat
Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM
woodbender

What don't you like about the Extra 260??....
The 260 is more of a 3D plane than the MPXT. I'm more inclined to go fast and zoom around than do the 3D thing, I discovered. I think the MPXT is faster and is just more suited to the kind of flying I like, that's all.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
DwightMann

ORIGINAL: woodbender

I put my 480 etc. out of my old MPXT into the eflite Extra 260. The 260 flies great, but it ain't a MPXT. I keep thinking I'll eventually have a 'hard' landing with the 260 to give me an excuse to get a new MPXT fuse and swap all the gear back.

I have a MPXT, never crashed or even a hard landing. Only minor chipped paint on the cowl (one spot about the size of a pin head). I bought it as the PNP version, but upgraded to a 480.
I have been concidering getting the E-Flite 260 but need more room. I have been thinking much the same as your plan to make that room. I would be willing to trade, and it sounds better than destroying two nice planes and much less wastefull. I will be in SoCal later this week, let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.