Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

t-28-trojan

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 AM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-28-trojan

just wanted to let electric fliers know the parkzone t-28 trojan ep is one of the better electrics out there right now. with the 480 brushless motor it can get 12-13 minutes on a 2200 lipo. flies great comes complete ready to fly or plug and play, just requiring a battery and your mini RX. everything else is there,servos installed, 25 amp esp,480 brushless motor. just put the tail and wheels on, set up the radio ,balance it and fly. what a bargan for 170.00 p&p. it's e foam, so i guess its alittle stronger than some...........so check it out you electric guys. some 10 ft streamers on the back and three or four in the air at one time makes for fun flying r/c combat...............RON
Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 PM
RedGN

Default RE: t-28-trojan

The Parkzone Trojan looks like a good flyer..... however foam does loose it's shape with heat and being on one position for too long. It is easy to repair but i don't know how "tough" it is.

I just bought a balsa p-47 with a 39.5 inch wing span complete with brushless motor, folding prop, and retractable landing gear for $134. It's doesn't come with servos or an esc but I can get all the servos and esc for about $40 to $50.

Balsa planes fly better than foamies, They are more consistant than foamies ( meaning parts don't loosen up ). Balsa doesn't compress as easily as foam.

Sure balsa is harder to repair than foam but if you need to constantly repair your airplanes, I wouldn't buy balsa. If you can fly consistantly without crashing then balsa is the way to go.

Just my opinion....but it is a good one.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:50 AM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: RedGN

The Parkzone Trojan looks like a good flyer..... however foam does loose it's shape with heat and being on one position for too long. It is easy to repair but i don't know how "tough" it is.

I just bought a balsa p-47 with a 39.5 inch wing span complete with brushless motor, folding prop, and retractable landing gear for $134. It's doesn't come with servos or an esc but I can get all the servos and esc for about $40 to $50.

Balsa planes fly better than foamies, They are more consistant than foamies ( meaning parts don't loosen up ). Balsa doesn't compress as easily as foam.

Sure balsa is harder to repair than foam but if you need to constantly repair your airplanes, I wouldn't buy balsa. If you can fly consistantly without crashing then balsa is the way to go.

Just my opinion....but it is a good one.
Have you flown the T-28? From your post I'm guessing not. The New foam panes are made of a denser dent resistant foam. I've watched 2 T-28's mid are and were repaired with 5 minute epoxy and back in the air in 30 minutes. At 179 PNP its great bang for the buck. While balsa is toughre foam is easier to repair. Mike
Old 05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
RedGN

I have not flown the t-28 however i have flown numerous foamie plane made by many manufacturers. I have also repaired many foamies and balsa planes. True the foamies are easier to repair than the balsa planes and like a stated, if you need constant repairs on planes don't buy balsa. However if you do know how to fly i would stick with balsa planes. They have a tighter tolerance and fly more true than the foamies... All foamies.

This is from my experience. I have just recently started flying balsa planes ( last year ) and i don't think i can go back to flying foamies.

Actually i got rid of all my foamies except the parkzone Folke wulf and the Spitfire ( which my son flys ). The spitfire however has a problem of the plane wanting to always go up. It's not a CG problem but the wing was repaired and the only thing i can think of is the plastic spine has gotten weak and drops the rear of the main wing.

I think the parkzone stuff will go now anyway because i bought my son a balsa p47 ( like i said ) and a balsa zero fighter.

I would not recommend balsa for beginners since it is very difficult to repair.
Hope this helps
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
rcmiket

Your opinion and your entitled too it. Like I said foam has progressed I fly everything from foam planes and EDF's to 90 size helicopters to 1/4 scale gas stuff and find they all have there advantages and dis advantages. Mike
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
cjg

The foam used in the Supercub and T-28 is of a very different type than the spitfire, mustang, focke wulf. It holds it shape much better, and recovers from compression very well.

Yesterday I was flying downwind and made a slow turn about 20 feet in the air with my T-28. I had too little power and tip stalled it on the turn into the wind. It literally cartwheeled into the grass on the field. I though for sure it was done for the day. Absolutely no damage. It went right back into the air.

It is a very nice flyer, and durable.