Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PROTEC Butterfly

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:44 AM
AndyW-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROTEC Butterfly

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Anyone out there who's new to indoor flying should rush out and get one of these. We had seven or eight in the air at out last indoor meeting and these little models are such a delite to fly. They make the perfect basis for a one model competition too. We had four pylon racing round two chairs spread 8 metres apart . Really good fun. Ok we did find a weak spot, well i didnt my mates did with theres (must be rough fliers) The fuselage broke on three of them across the front wing support point. I suggest sliding a piece of alluminium tube inside the carbon rod fuselage to give it the extra strength it needs through the alignment holes for the cabane struts and u/c mounts. One other thing too the shirt buttons supplied for the wheels are just too small the dammed prop hits the ground even with the tail on the floor. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 10-16-2003, 06:13 PM
cabanestrut2002

Default RE: PROTEC Butterfly

they be pretty cheap too

im thinking of getting one, whats the turning circle like and the performance on the standard motor/gearbox combo
Old 10-27-2003, 02:31 AM
AndyW-RCU

Turning circles about 3 foot! looping radius about 5 foot. Standard motor which is a gws rip off sucks!. Use a gws s1 on a 9x4.7 prop, you can do rudder touches the lot then. Geat flier
Old 10-27-2003, 02:58 PM
haroldpo6
My Feedback: (10)

any info? web site?etc etc