Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

here's a nice long thread on the BR heli: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2601563/tm.htm

there are about 5 differant kinds of BRs now, and sometime in september, the 6" rotor version will come out, called the Micro Mosquito. there's a couple threads on it here in this forum.

the picco needs a little nose weight to start moving forward quicker. without the nose weight, its more apt to just kinda float around. the right stick on the TX is really sensitive, it hardly takes any input to make the heli spin around - shorter sticks would probably help. the BR is easier to actually make it go directly where you want it too, but it wanders a bit too, like the picco. but, the BR can handle no wind so outdoor flying doesnt work that well. the picco with some nose weight can really cruise at a good speed when its outside, the wind does take it easily though, and the IR doesnt work very well in sunlight.

nick
Old 08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
13BT

id buy the bladerunner if it was a bit cheaper. Im in no rush for more toys anymore, I have so many.

hey Sama, I heard theres indoor flying at Midland Velodrome on thursday nights, dunno what time tho. Someone told me its 9 bucks to fly there. I might have a looksee this week.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:39 AM
sama

Cool 13BT, might meet you there one time when the piccoz arrive and sell it to you there?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:05 AM
13BT

sure thing..if the price isssss righttttt!

Cant wait for thursday! Im so stoked with my xtwin, its awesome
Old 08-30-2006, 04:19 AM
sama

Well here is what i will bring, Bladerunner2, picooz, x-twin bipe, x-twin turbo fury, x-twin sports star, x-twin mono. Think thats enough?
Old 08-30-2006, 04:46 AM
sama

Ow by the way here is the blade runner floating about my living room.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
13BT

wow cool, I already have 2 bipes and want to sell one. Im not sure which other xtwins i have on order but they are coming soon i hope. I wouldnt mind taking a peek at how the lil heli performs. Whats your policy on test flights? I wont be doing the test flying, I want to see you fly it.
Being a cheaply produced toy, I think its important that the product works as it should and customers dont get a dud as is sometimes the case.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
sama

Sure why not.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:50 PM
13BT

Looks like thursday night is off, Sama. I just found out indoor flying doesnt happen there weekly after all. Looks like the next event is 14th september 8oclock at Lumen Christi College, Martin.

Spewing...I just charged heaps of batteries last night too [:@]
Old 08-30-2006, 10:41 PM
gcioffi

These reviews/comments have been very helpful. I just picked one up tonight at TRU at random shopping for a gift. Didn't realize they were so new.

I am trying it out first because I wanted to see if it works.

After a couple hours, I haven't been able to get it off the ground and hover. I agree with the one post by rjgstrong who said it's not working that well. I'm trying to gently get it going to see how much trim to adjust, but that's not helping either. I saw the video on the company's site and believe others have got it working, and I'll give it a few more tries. But if I can't even get it to at least hover, I'm taking it back. I'd hate to give a frustrating gift.

They had another one there. Was $60. I can't remember the name, but it was a double blade.

Kinda like that Bladerunner 2 that looks sweet, btw.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Nitrocharged

Sama,
fix your OSC store up and lock it down... !!
(if you need help - sing out, I do it for a living)

I am so looking forward to getting my hands on a Piccoz!

I got suckered into purchasing a GO-LO heli - what a piece of junk. Luckily, a full refund was given, no questions asked.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:29 AM
bowbender
My Feedback: (4)

I picked up the PiccoZ at TRU yesterday evening and so far I've had a blast with it. My 2 year old daughter loves watching it fly! I did have to add one of the weight decals under the nose to get stable forward flight as described earlier in this thread. Also, I took the TX apart this morning and removed the spring on the left stick as many people have done with the AeroAce TX. I found this makes the heli much easier to control as you're not fighting the spring on the left stick to find the right spot to maintain altitude. Removing the spring is a little more involved than it is on the AeroAce TX but it's not overly difficult as long as you keep track of where everthing is supposed to go. I'm so glad I discovered the threads on these mini-rc flyers a few months back. They are a terrific alternative to my outdoor parkflyers!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:25 AM
frank10

i just got my piccoz in from ratshack. so far, it's not going all that well. I'm having a hard time getting it to move forward when I want to.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 AM
bowbender
My Feedback: (4)

I assume you've added one or two of the silver decals to the nose? As mentioned in one of the earlier posts it just sort of floats aimlessly if there isn't a little weight in the front. I added one decal to mine this morning and that caused it to drift forward at a nice slow pace--perfect for circling around things in the basement. A second one would probably get it to move forward a little faster yet but still be controllable. I had trouble getting it to do much following the directions about "turning slowly to the right to move forward" and so forth. I like having it move forward on it's own due to the added weight up front because I can turn in either direction and keep moving around. The "stock" way of moving seems a lot like the simple RC toys that go "forward, reverse and turns in reverse"...not much ability to maneuver!

Spring Removal from TX--I've had a few more flights now after removing the spring from the left stick on the TX. All I can say is it's like night and day--so much easier to just set it for the altitude I want and then make minor tweaks to it to rise and fall as needed. I'm surprised that mod didn't make it into this thread (at least I didn't see it anywhere) given that it's such a popular one for the AeroAce which has similar controls.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:05 PM
frank10

I'll try adding the weight next.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Djstinger

Just picked up a Picoo Z at TRU , they still had 5 left.. this is much better that the Helix and 1/2 the price.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine. The grin factor is 10+

After a couple of attempts I was flying it around the club house and landing back on the table. Everybody was asking where to get one.

They were being sold at the UK Nationals by Inwood Models and they quickly ran out after they were demoed in the hanger.

I plan to make a little landing platform with an H to sit on top of my PC at work.

My only problem is I have to hold on a litle bit of right stick; does the trim run out of efect?

Actually I have two problems; after watching it for a few seconds the cat got in to pounce mode.

Ah well put cat out before flying, bet thats a new one on a preflight checklist.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I got mine today! This thing is a blast. It weighs in, with all three weights(where have I seen those before?) at a staggering 10.0g. My winner(BR clone) weighs in at 58.3, with the smaller rotors on it. I need more room, or more practice, with the winner. And it is 3 channel. But the picco beats it hands down right now. Here's a question for a possible mod. Could a version of the turn w/o power mod from the AA work of this? The goal would be to slightly boost the power when turning. I'll let the electronics wallahs figure that out. Tim
Old 08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Here is a study of contrasts. Both are indoor helos. Tim

BTW, where are you putting the weights? On the nose or under the nose?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19873.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	516821  
Old 09-01-2006, 04:52 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put my weight [ tape] under the nose.

Also look at the instructions. Altering the angle of the tail rotor makes a significant difference.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 AM
frank10

I added weight to my first piccoz and it did a little better, but it's not all that great. I took my second piccoz out of the box and it flew quite a bit better. I need to check the angle of the tail rotor again.

my first piccoz has a bit of wobble to it when it flies.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:23 AM
googledperson

Hey if i find one of these at my local radio shack should i get it? there are some mixed reviews. Any tips on finding a good one?
Old 09-01-2006, 02:52 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

like just about any other mass produced toy, its hit or miss on how well they work. and, just like any other mass produced toy, just about all of them need some tweaking to get flying their best.

here's a video of how a well piloted picco can fly. its not hard to get it flying that way, just takes some practice and patience. i dont know the guy in the video, but he seems to have the control down pretty good. http://www.buschflieger.de/content/pics/video23.html

i've noticed the main motor seems to have some drag in it, for some reason. so i have to decide to go with a 4.5ohm 6mm motor, or jump up to a 7mm motor with a larger cell. a 7mm motor in that little heli would make for some interesting flying!

nick
Old 09-01-2006, 04:21 PM
googledperson

So its 2 channel? does that mean you do not control the backwards or forwards motion (can it go backwards?) except by upward thrust? Also does it turn via the tail rotor? And can you just make it hover or does it go forward when you apply thrust?
Old 09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Micro, he seems to have taped up the entire tail boom. I wonder why? He also has a c channel. Mine is an a channel and it has problems when the sun is out. At night it is great. Could this be the a channel issue raising it's head again? He also appears to have one weight under the nose. Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.