Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro-copter help?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro-copter help?

Hey, I clicked on a banner ad displayed at this site the other day. It took me to a site that had "The world's smallest RC helicopter" (or something like that) , but I can't remember what the site was and can't find the banner ad anywhere on this site. Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Micro-copter help?

this one?

http://www.precisionheli.com/

nick
Old 09-02-2006, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: micro_builder

this one?

http://www.precisionheli.com/

nick
You ROCK!

That's the site! Do you know if these copters are worth the price they are asking?
All I have to go on are the details listed at the site, but no owner critiques.

For example, I saw a thread here about an amazing new micro-copter that you could get at Radio Shack. I had already put one in my online shopping cart when I noticed they had some owner comments. After reading the comments, I removed the item from my cart because it had a rather long list of not so favorable feedback.
I know there's a huge price difference between the two copters I've mentioned, but you don't always get what you pay for even when you pay a lot.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (1)

the micron has gotten some mixed reviews. from what i've read, it seems that the heli needs to be as light as possible, which means using the more expensive radio electronics. the peoples who's heli was heavier said it was no good at all, but the people who kept it light as possible said it was a nice little heli. at its small size and light weight, it makes it pretty skittish though. most folks say unless you've flown heli's before, its better to buy a flight simulator and learn on it before actually buying a heli - you'll save money in the long run because you wont be buying so many replacement parts that break

somewhere here on RCU there's a micro helicopter forum. do a search there and i'm sure you'll find a few threads on the heli.

is the other micro heli you're referring to the PiccoZ/PicooZ? if so, for the price, it cant be beat. most of them need a little tuning and tweaking to get flying right, but otherwise they're pretty fun. but, comparing the piccoZ to the Micron...well, there's just no comparison. the micron is a true fixed pitch heli, 4 channel, ect. the picco is a fun little toy, thats about it.

nick