Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
trroadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Cessna 210 RTF Electric

ORIGINAL: keithhs

ORIGINAL: trroadster

Does anyone KNOW if the rx will supply power to two motors? Or has anyone tried to mount and link two rxs in a single plane? I feel a twin coming on.

TNX
It is possible to use 2 receivers in one plane. I had one receiver with a bad elevator servo and another one with a bad rudder servo. I installed both of them in a Cessna and linked both receivers to one transmitter. I am sure that I could have used two motors if I had wanted to. The biggest problem that I can see is getting the motors to run consistently at the same speed.
OOPs sorry keith. You did answer one of my two questions. Now does anybody have any experience with two motors on one brick?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM
RC_Kiwi

I made a video of some of my flights. It was a bit gusty, not much but it can throw this plane around.

Link: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmO1FQZQRhY]Video of Cessna[/link]
Old 03-22-2008, 08:41 AM
keithhs

[quote]ORIGINAL: trroadster

[quote]ORIGINAL: keithhs

Interesting. Why didn't you just swap the servos to make one good one. far less complicated.

Logical question. It was the electronics that feed the servos that was bad. The actual servos were OK. Sorry for creating the confusion.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
matoran629

I bought one of these, it was awesome. It is such a great little indoor flyer, I even could fly it inverted. I reccomend it to anybody who is just starting in RC, or, an experienced pilot who wants to relax. It worked as a trainer for me, and my current equipment is the PZ T-28. Cessna flies great. I really like to fly outdoors with it, and one of my favorite things to do with it is to fly about an inch off the ground, and pretend that I am dusting crops YAY FOR RC[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 03-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Ched

ORIGINAL: keithhs

Does anyone KNOW if the rx will supply power to two motors? Or has anyone tried to mount and link two rxs in a single plane? I feel a twin coming on.

TNX
It is possible to use 2 receivers in one plane. I had one receiver with a bad elevator servo and another one with a bad rudder servo. I installed both of them in a Cessna and linked both receivers to one transmitter. I am sure that I could have used two motors if I had wanted to. The biggest problem that I can see is getting the motors to run consistently at the same speed.
OOPs sorry keith. You did answer one of my two questions. Now does anybody have any experience with two motors on one brick?
I have run two AA motors on a few planes with my parkzone brick. I think it is good for about 1 amp.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
reignman40

I also want to know about 2 motors. I want to put them on the wings for like a Twin Otter type airplane. Has anyone tried soldering with one of these? Looks way to small even if we wanted to add another motor. I had a capacitor come off on my last 210 it barely has any wires coming out so I dont think I could solder it on anyway.

Also I have a new wing coming but I have a slightly damaged wing on my 210 currently that I want to add some flaps. Has anyone done a flap mod?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:27 AM
reignman40

Just found this on another forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...40#post8827440

AWESOME!!!

He soldered both motor wire's into the brick. Couldn't you just wire them to the existing wires? (sounds alot easier) Or am I really that dumb when it come to electricity and how electronics work.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Ched

ORIGINAL: reignman40

Just found this on another forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...40#post8827440

AWESOME!!!

He soldered both motor wire's into the brick. Couldn't you just wire them to the existing wires? (sounds alot easier) Or am I really that dumb when it come to electricity and how electronics work.
Yes, soder them to the existing wires. It is scary soldering to that small board. Wire the motors in parallel not series. If you can cut the wire to one motor and the other still runs then you did it right. That is parallel.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hi guys, I think I figured out a way to get the cessna inverted easily. Go into a loop and at the apex reverse your elevator. I found this by accident on my slow stick but it was repeatable. The wind is too much for my cessna right now so I can't try it myself.

I have been flying my bug mostly of late. Full control, full range, same yard.

Tim
Old 04-16-2008, 03:46 PM
darticus

Long time since I flew the Cessna. Very cool still.
Now I'm thinking about what you said about inverted. You go into the loop with a short dive than pull back and give it speed. You get to the top and you say to push your right stick away from you. I guess that straightens it to fly stable upside down. Were you able to recreate it? Ron
Old 04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

I'm into windy season and haven't flown the cessna in a while. I was able to duplicate the invert trick on the ss. Someone else said they had figured out inverted flight with the cessna. It will probably be a bit touchy inverted, so you'd want to try from some altitude.

Tim
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM
darticus

Maybe I'll wait I'm the 10-20 foot guy.
Receiver AR6100 wire is loose in the Bug. Flying erratic. Put in new receiver and fine. Have to call the co tomorrow. Its just the wire. to bad I can't get that cheap case off. Ron
Old 04-17-2008, 06:16 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

RCU ate some posts.

Ron, I took the cessna out to try the invert trick but it was too dark. I'll try tonight if possible.

Tim
Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, it works as described. Half-loop, add 'down'at the top and fly out inverted. A bit of 'up' with full rudder helps roll it out of inverted flight.

Full down from level flight only results in a vertical dive...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Cool Mike, I thought the manuever would transfer to the cessna.

I spent some time with my cessna to see what was going wrong and found that the fuse was moving near the horizontal stab. I fixed that, and the added a bit of 0.030 cf to flatten out the stab. I got it hung in the wind and still brought it home so I think my cessna is good to go again.

I'll try the manuever myself as soon as possible, but wind that will kill the cessna is easy flying for the bug.

Tim
Old 04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
tubamike78

anyone hear anything on when the vapor will be released? http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Defau...Term=pkz_vapor

had a chance to see it fly at the toledo show and looks to be good flyer, and i like that you can get it as a bind and fly for under $100.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Tommyr

ORIGINAL: tubamike78

anyone hear anything on when the vapor will be released? http://www.parkzone.com/Search/Defau...Term=pkz_vapor

had a chance to see it fly at the toledo show and looks to be good flyer, and i like that you can get it as a bind and fly for under $100.

Hobby Zone says June.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
importfan
My Feedback: (3)

Has anyone tried changing the connector on the battery (more like a plug) and plane (either Cessna or Ember) to a Micro Deans or something similar? I just got the Ember and would like to use some Aero Ace batteries to give longer flight times. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Ched

Do you need longer flights? I wouldn't want the extra weight. However I did use a picco z battery because it was lighter. The picco z has the same connetors that the ember has.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
importfan
My Feedback: (3)

Ched, not so much longer flights as trying to avoid buying additional Ember/Cessna batteries when I have some extra AA batteries. I know that the AA batts are twice the size (bought some 130s from Tim).
Old 05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
RC_Kiwi

That inverted trick works. I only got about 5secs inverted before I had to pull out or I would have flown into the fence! It's surprisingly stable while inverted...
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
RC_Kiwi

Well it finally happened. I broke the prop shaft. One too many crashes on to concrete

KIWI

P.S this thread seems to be a bit dead?!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Sorry to hear about the shaft. Maybe you should do the speed mod
Everyone seems to have moved to this thread

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78...tm.htm#8197770

The mod is explained in detail by me here
Hope to see you there.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:26 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Does anyone have a stock cg? I took mine out and it seems nose heavy. I think It was posted way back so I'll run a search.

This thread went dormant due to outdoor season I think. I'm having so much fun with the mcx that the cessna had to come back out.

Tim
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I only fly mine outside because I only have one place to fly inside and I dont' have access to it often at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.