Community
Search
Notices
Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight Talk about this fast growing niche in rc. Micro radios, micro electric or co2 powered planes, heli's both indoors and out.

Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sukhoi Su-26M BNF by ParkZone

Thanks TR, I figure that I will get trashed. But, the plane flies if you can fly it.

I am loving the DX7.
Fern
Old 01-14-2010, 01:54 AM
eeeclaire69

I agree, I have one of the early Sukhoi planes and I am a experienced flyer, If I was a novice I may well have thown it in the bin because it would not fly well out of the box and I would have complained about it on here saying how bad it is. The truth is that is is a great plane, all I have changed on mine is the prop and the CG, and both of these are pilot preferance. If you are not experienced enough then buy something more suitable.
Ian
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
wpotter6

So, as I understand these recent comments, the 2 defective aircraft that I have recieved are simply due to my poor piloting skills.

I suppose that if I purchase a new hybrid car from GM, Ford or Chrysler and when I make a right trun in the vehicle and the steering jams, it must be my poor driving skills and I should simply accept that I now have a vehicle that will only run in circles.

BTW, I fly 3 different EDF Jets that require much more skill to fly than the Sukhoi.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
hamburgrd
My Feedback: (1)

"BTW, I fly 3 different EDF Jets that require much more skill to fly than the Sukhoi."

I do not think they are blameing you. We have seen a lot of pilot error on here. It sounds to me you got some real bad luck with your sukhoi purchases.
As for the Sukhoi requireing less skill than EDFs. I have 5 EDFs and they are a piece of cake to fly over the micro SU-26.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Mr Potter, I was absolutely not responding to defective planes. I got 2 consecutive bum micro cessnas in a row.

I was responding to this, "If I get an RTF, my expectation is that I charge the battery and it is "Ready to Fly". I should not have to program the transmitter due to poor tolerances in the design or manuafacturing. If I buy a BNF, I should charge the batteries, bind the transmitter and be able to fly, agian without any special programming of my transmitter. As a customer, this is my expectation, and it is exactly what Horizon is advertising. If there is some expectation that I set reduced travel limits, then that should be clearly indicated in the manual. There is documentation recommending some expo be used for elevator and aileron, and yes, I did follow those recommendations."

And I will stick to what I said. The product is sold only as a BNF to try to ensure that only a solid tx be used. It is also marketed "For Advanced pilots". I had tons of trouble with my first one flying with a Optic 6 and dsm2 module, because I didn't have exactly the right settings. What I am trying to say is that this particular plane is a serious handful. I think both the renewed hours on my Bug and on an Icarus Edge 560 shockflyer helped me succeed at getting the handle on this plane, as did the DX7 programmed to factory settings. The Bug is a hybrid, but the Edge is a 3D machine.

I have absolutely no experience with EDF jets, so I can't compare. My first low wing bird was an at-6 that is still rtf. And my first serious Aerobat was/is the MSC Unique.

I guess what I am inadequately trying to get across is that you are using BNF and RTF, to connote beginner or beginner/intermediate. That is not a safe bet. You really want to avoid the micro 4-site if setting up a radio is annoying.

Our Hobby has no real way to gauge experience level or perhaps ability is a better word, unless you are in some sort of setting where you are surrounded by others that have been doing it for different time periods, and so it is challenging to figure out where you are on the scale. I figure I am probably intermediate-advanced, but I fly just about every day. I figure another couple of years to be comfortable with straight advanced, and expert is a varied term.

Mr Potter, while I am writing this to you, it also to those who have flown a micro mustang for 6 months and figure the are ready for a Sukhoi. None of this is personal. I am making judgments based on what you are writing, and I hope making a rational case.

OK, lets go fly

Fern
Old 01-15-2010, 09:50 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

So I did go fly. And made the SU-26 fly well. Every flight is an adventure, 30 seconds at a time. In this case about 20 adventures.

SU 26 fellas, I will pull that about the Bug and 72 mgz shortly. Sorry

Fern
Old 01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Aircraftfreak15

FAF so are you saying that after someone has flowen the uultra micro P-51 for 6 mounths or more they should be able to fly the Su-26 with very littel problem?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

AF, I think that unless you are making your mustang twitchier as you fly it you will probably encounter some problems. The control surfaces are much bigger on the SU-28. It would certainly be doable.

Fern
Old 01-16-2010, 09:05 PM
wpotter6

Fern,

You actually misunderstood my point about about programming the TX. I have a DX7 and have no problem programming it for all of my aircraft. I was not trying to state the I should not have to do some programming, such as dual rates, expo, mixing, etc. I have no problems doing that. The real point that I was trying to make was that I have a Spektrum TX set with 100% travel limits and a Spektrum RX/servo that would jam at that setting on this defective aircraft. My comment was related to having to set the travel limt to less than 100% in order to avoid a jammed servo in this aircraft. As far as I am concerned this is a design/manufacturing tolerance issue that should not require a TX adjustment to avoid a jammed servo.

The servo jam was intermittent and never occurred on initial ground tests, even with high rates set on the TX. I also verifed the travel limts for all of the surfaces were within the specified range in the manual, which is a procedure I follow for all of my aircraft before a maiden flight. So I had no reason to believe or expect that the aircraft would have this problem.

I actually never found the SU-26 to be a handful to fly, so long as it was follwing my commands. It did however become impossible to fly when the aileron jammed in full right deflection.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:45 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Mr Potter, again, I was only responding to what you wrote.

"If I get an RTF, my expectation is that I charge the battery and it is "Ready to Fly". I should not have to program the transmitter due to poor tolerances in the design or manuafacturing. If I buy a BNF, I should charge the batteries, bind the transmitter and be able to fly, agian without any special programming of my transmitter. As a customer, this is my expectation, and it is exactly what Horizon is advertising. If there is some expectation that I set reduced travel limits, then that should be clearly indicated in the manual. There is documentation recommending some expo be used for elevator and aileron, and yes, I did follow those recommendations."

I was not responding to anything else. I can get the entire post if you would like. If your SU-26 is not trying to do something odd, your trim is wrong. This is a plane that you have to fly, not a plane that you set the throttle and chill out. Here is a video of a relaxed flight.

Fern

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...20jan%2010.wmv
Old 01-17-2010, 01:46 AM
Omhra

I am with Mr. Potter,  (very toungue in cheeck)
When I buy a BNFI want to just load a battery; bind it and watch it fly. I mean, tolerances and travel distances should be universal on all transmitters. How could we expect variances...  having to adjust the transmitter just because the box reads "for EXPERIENCED" pilots" and it is meant to be bound to computer transmitters... that is not enough of a hint.
This reminds me of a fellow who posted that his Pitts special was too hard to fly... and the guy who complains that his plane crashed just barely after taking to the air.

Its simple... regardless of your expectations.. If the servo shutters at the end of travel wind back the Tx...
If you did that and the servo jams, then its defective... If its defective return it, but if ALL your sukois are "bad" then you might want to start looking at a different cause for those malfunctions.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:39 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...20jan%2010.wmv

A relatively mellow Sukhoi flight.

Fern
Old 01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
paul daniel

That was fun but check this out. This plane is such a hoot to fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq6yV46Iihs
Old 01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Aircraftfreak15

ok then i may have to think about this as my thrid plane then. They look like tons of fun to fly.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Aloha Flyer

Hey guys!

Does anyone know about this new BRUSHLESS micro 3-channel that HobbyKing is selling for $44.95 and the Walkera People are modifying to sell. It flies on 200-600mah 1S lipos. It is called the LIADON. Can this be moded to be the "New BL Sukhoi"? Anyone knows how it flies?

[link=https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10469]Hobby City Liadon[/link]

[link=http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracompatiblebrushlessairplane-bindandflywithyourwk-2401orwk-2801tx-includesliadonrx2406abc2servosblesc45gblmotor.aspx]Walkera Liadon[/link]
Old 01-18-2010, 05:17 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, guys, I flew several HH batteries through my new SU-26. The 150mah battery is amazing. The 120mah was disappointing, matching it's poor test numbers. Perhaps damaged during the previouss battery stress test.

Fern
Fern!
tell me where you are getting these batteries..
on my SU-26 I wired in a parallel connector, and I am able to fly with two 130mah batteries and it works good but I would love to try these 150mah packs!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Aircraftfreak15

the 150 mah packs are avilble at local hobby stores they are the batts for the new ultra micro 4-site from eflight.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

srt, I am getting these batteries from Horizon, 150mah14c. They also help ballast the SU-26 since they(horizon) dramatically altered the battery box.

I will Come back and check the other fellows vid, here is the vid with the torn stab, http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...6%20jan%20.wmv

Fern
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Tim,
I was watching as closeley as I could. I am pretty sure I saw the tail feather curl.

I see you have the same trouble resisting flyig in the wind like me.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 AM
srt10

srt, I am getting these batteries from Horizon, 150mah14c. They also help ballast the SU-26 since they(horizon) dramatically altered the battery box.

I will Come back and check the other fellows vid, here is the vid with the torn stab, http://www.badiusownersclub.com/vide...6%20jan%20.wmv

Fern
Thanks Fern!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

You are welcome SRT. I am hearing that Hyperion has a great battery and common sense rc also had good batteries. I have tried neither yet, so I can't make any recommendations.

Fern
Old 01-19-2010, 08:17 PM
srt10

You are welcome SRT. I am hearing that Hyperion has a great battery and common sense rc also had good batteries. I have tried neither yet, so I can't make any recommendations.

Fern
These look good, only weigh 6grams vs the 120 pack at 4grams..
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=4500
only if I could find the connector to use in my SU-26, P-51, and MCX.. I want more power!
I bought 4 tenergy 130mah packs for only 20 bucks, they work good and that's about all I think of them.. I think the Parkzone 110mah packs work better than the Tenergy for me..
Old 01-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Man, thos lipos are expensive. I just placed an order with HK and got the 240s from them for $2.03 each and they had the connectors, so I picked up some of those as well.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Man, thos lipos are expensive. I just placed an order with HK and got the 240s from them for $2.03 each and they had the connectors, so I picked up some of those as well.
LINK, LINK, LINK!
has anyone ran the 240s?
the power I would think should be awesome!
the cold just zaps the smaller batteries here in Colorado
Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, slow down. I assume we are looking at "C" rates here. You can have a 200mah battery, but if the "C" rate 8-10 you are flying standard HH or Hobby King batteries, for a longer amount of time. Mah is the size of the gas tank. "C" rate is the amount of power available.

Fern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.