Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Motor options!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor options!

I need a new motor after the cheap china ting I had in my Spark didnt manage to do the job(burnt).
As you know the Spark is narrow and there is no bellypan so the engine is now front mounted.
so I see the options is not so many .
Its all goes down to how much money you want to spend on it.
I have looked at some diffrent ones and I dont think I want a gearmotor so this is what I have found so far.
The new Plettenberg front mounted powerfull and pricey.
The Hacker Q60 back mounted (but have figured out a way to get it in from the backside off a firewall and a bit less pricey than the Plettenbeg.
The Hacker Q80 front mounted a bit heavyer than the 2 first and price between them.
I dont think its possible to put the "old" Plettenbergs in from the front in a Spark ....dont think the opening is big enough!!
so some outsiders
Axi ..a bit on the heavy side...resonable priced but heavy.
Scorpion new F3a engine seems powerful and cheap but has anyone tried it...can it manage hundreds off flights???
Dualsky new F3a engine same as above..

I will not go for another wery cheap china engine so all the diffrent "ebay" shiny things I will let stay in China.
any thoughts??
As for the Q80 there are 2 options (the "normal one and the one with the "YS"feeling) but not sure it I can get the plane under the magical 5000gr with them.

So guys ...please dont give me any thoughts if they are just I think's !!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:05 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Motor options!

Rune, You might want to consider one of three motors I am familiar with and are reliable, affordable and NOT JUNK! First, the AXI 5325/24, then either the Himax 6330/200 or 6330/210 (depending on the weight of your plane). All are outrunners and have a retail price from $249-279 USD not including shipping. The AXI provides mounting flexibility (front or back). I consider any of the three a real value based on price. I'm sure their are others, but, again, I speak from my experience with them. Just my thoughts, Everette
Old 09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dualsky are good I been using one for a year and no problem at all also they are lifetime warranty
Old 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I second the Dualsky motors now that they have new models to choose from.

AXI motors have a reputation that is well deserved to be great motors.

I currently have 2 Dualsky motors that I am about to start testing 8S setups on. (6355 with kv 220 and kv 278)

Good Luck!

Chuck
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Rune

hi Thanks for answers!
The Dualsky has front mounting if I rember correct!
Maybe take a look once more!
Dualsky are good I been using one for a year and no problem at all also they are lifetime warranty
How many flights you got on it so fare ? some fly 50 flights a year others 500!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

I have not flown either of the new designs, I am currently fitting them in a new plane.

the old setups i had approx 100 flights on.

Chuck
Old 09-05-2011, 10:17 PM
wagen017

Rune, what type of Spark you have? I had a Spark Dynamic with the Plettenberg Advance. Easy mounting since it is front mounted.

With a great airplane as the Spark I would not want to waiste a second on the motor and buy an Advance or Q80 (but only when I know for sure it fits). C50 is good choice as well, of course.

Volkert
Old 09-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Alfonso Garcia

Dear Rune;

I am using the Dualsky XM6355DA since one year ago, it has 250 flights and I am very satisfied, now I am testing the new Dualsky XC9036HV controller with proportional brake for F3A and it is look it can work. If you need more information about Dualsky motor take a look at; http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10659779/tm.htm

Best Regards.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Rune

Rune, what type of Spark you have? I had a Spark Dynamic with the Plettenberg Advance. Easy mounting since it is front mounted.

With a great airplane as the Spark I would not want to waiste a second on the motor and buy an Advance or Q80 (but only when I know for sure it fits). C50 is good choice as well, of course.

Volkert
not exactly sure wich type I have ..its not the last one and not the first with the contrabalance on the rudder!!
lots off great engines out there ..I think I have to do some seriouse thinking
C50 or Neu ..sure its great motors had some issues with a Neu ..so no more gear motor for me

Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
g_mkoch

What would you guys thinkg about using a hacker A60-7S-V2. Specs and price seem reasonable. I'm also cosidering power plants for a 2m electric and this is one of the motors I was looking at
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM
wattsup

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

g mkoch, I found the specs on the Hacker A60 7S V2 on the Aero-World/Hacker USA site. Until you mentioned this particular outrunner, I did not konw anything about it but, based on the specs etc, it should be more than capable and is a "quality" motor. In the final analysis, you will never go wrong with a quality product and I know for a fact, Hacker USA stands behind their products. Just my thoughts, Everette
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rune on this thread is a way to mount a rear mounting motor without having to put the motor from the rear. It's a method Dave Snow showed me that works very well. It would allow you to use the Pletty Evo or an AXI F3A inrunner more easily.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...mpage_8/tm.htm
Mike
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
joenella

Hi Rune

I think I know your SPARK it is a Yellow one from Denmark. It is a SPARK DYNAMIC - before seller became very ill he used an MEGA 5330/11 outrunner, I do not know if it where the one You got. Otherwise I would recommend the NEU F3A, the new version with Ø8 shaft is stronger more powerfull and very reliable.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
kjpsen

Hi Rune

I have used Mega 5330/11 outrunner, approx 500 - 600 flights, and stille going strong. Powerfull and reasonable consumption, and at a wery affordable price.

http://www.megamotor.cz/v3/script/de...ge_id=lang_eng

We have a dealer here in Denmark.: hobby4u.dk its not at the homepage, but call him, and i am sure he can give you a good offer.

Regards
Kjeld Pedersen

PS: i know for sure, that this motor will fit in your Spark
Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Magne

We have a dealer here in Denmark.: hobby4u.dk its not at the homepage, but call him, and i am sure he can give you a good offer.
Rune,
I bought a YGE ESC from that outlet. It failed during ground testing, prior to first flight. I was promised my money back, so I returned the ESC to Denmark.
This is more than a year ago, I did not get any money back, and I have probably sent them at least 5-6 mails, but no reply.
I would recommend that you look elsewhere.

Magne
Old 09-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Rune

lots off advice here guys!!
well first yes it is the danish Spark, and second I should maybe bought it with the engine ..but the cheap china thing I had looked so nice but it seems that some has happen to the housing off the bearings and make them out off alignment...so ..chinees crap!
I had a Neu in the Xigris I had and must say it was a wery powerful motor but it had some issues with the gearbox,it was eithe the bearing that had to thight fit or some with the gears and it made a lot off noice (was a short video on youtube a time ago), this is why I dont think it will be a new gear engine...but only think....
Ihave send a request to hobby something in denmark about the Mega ..and Magne if they have any intrest about selling they at least have to answer,.
Well at this moment the season is over here in Norway so its no rush but it would be nice to get the Spark back in the air where it belongs .
But is it not anyone that have tried the Sqorpion?????

Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM
kjpsen

Hi Rune

I still have a spare Mega, its well used, but still in good condition, if you are interessed, send me a email with your adress, and i send it to you. You can borrow it as long as you wish for free, then you have time to find the right motor, and still be able to fly.

Best regards
Kjeld Pedersen
Old 09-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Rune

Hi
so I orderd 1 Himax 210 from F3a Unlimited I used a himax 200 in a xigris a time ago with good results so hopefully this will do the job!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Rune

Just came home from the postoffice , picked up a parcel from F3A Unlimited.
1 Himax 210 and Falcon prop.
Motor looks nice just like the Himax 200 I had but the prop ...what can I say looks wery nice and light and it even came with some nice protection covers. If this prop is as good as its light and nice it should be great.

so thanks to F3A Unlimited and thanks for taking care off my special litle request!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:02 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rune the Falcon props are really nice. Having less weight is always a good thing, Mike