Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Pattern Aircraft
Reload this Page >

CC 80HV vs Jeti 77 (not Spin) performance?

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

CC 80HV vs Jeti 77 (not Spin) performance?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CC 80HV vs Jeti 77 (not Spin) performance?

Quick question for the CC experts out there. I recently started flying a CC 80HV ESC with a Himax 210. I had been flying the same motor in another plane with a Jeti 77 (not Spin) ESC. I know the throttle response is different between the two ESCs and have adjusted my throttle curve with the CC to feel the same as my Jeti. I also made sure I was getting full throttle on the CC esc. Using fixed endpoints and the setup listed below.

However, I since I started flying the new plane, it seemed I was down on power a little bit. I also know my new plane (Spark Evo) has more drag than my Integral so I attributed the feeling of less power to that. However, it continued to bug me so today I tested the CC 80HV setup with a freshly charged battery, then recharged the battery to top it off and swapped out the CC for my old Jeti. I used a Watts-Up meter and hand held tach on both so no difference in measuring tools. Jeti controller turned the MPI 20.5x14.5 150 rpm more and also pulled 5 more amps. Obviously watts are up about 200 with the Jeti also according to the Watts-Up meter.

Any ideas why the rpm/watts are down on the CC 80HV? Any of the settings below affect top end performance?

thanks
Woodie

Hex55: 85
Brake Strength: 30
Brake Delay: No Delay
Brake Ramp: Medium
Cutoff Type: Soft Cutoff
Motor Start Power: 39
Direction: Forward (*)
PWM Rate: Outrunner Mode (*)
Current Limiting: Disabled
Cutoff Voltage: Auto Li-Po (*)
Motor Timing: 0
Vehicle Type: Airplane
Throttle Type: Fixed Endpoints
Throttle Response: 5
Governor Gain: 7
Initial Spool-Up Rate: 3
Head Speed Change Rate: 5
Auto Rotate Enabled: False
Governor Mode Type: Simple
Data Log Enabled: 255
Sample Frequency: 5 Sample / Sec (*)
Power-On Beep: Enabled (*)
Auto-Lipo Volts/Cell: 3.0 Volts/Cell (*)

Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 AM
serious power

Default RE: CC 80HV vs Jeti 77 (not Spin) performance?

Hi Woodie,
It is said that timing is everything.
Seriously though YGE say 18 to 30 for outrunners.
0 to 12 for innrunners.
They also say ; ' Basic rule - The higher the timing the higher the full power RPM '
I assume that that rule is to be taken in the context of motor type and any manufacturer instructions.

Brian
Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
woodie

Brian, I understand your comments about timing, however, I believe that '0' timing for CC ESCs is not a setting for degrees, but rather a range of timings that appear to be the opposite of what they appear. Someone correct me if I am wrong (it has certainly happened before) but I think CC '0' or 'low' timing setting is approx the same as Jeti's 24 degrees.

Woodie
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not familiar with this motor, but I would get rid of the outrunner mode and play with the different pwm and timing options. Just monitor your esc and motor for heat and see if it runs better.

I'd also change out the auto lipo to a straight cutoff voltage. Almost cost me a set of batts and a damaged plane when I got distracted and put in an already used set. Auto mode will just set your cutoff voltage lower than you think it is, as it will take the lower voltage as fewer cells. If you miss counting the beeps at initialization you won't realize it and then your in trouble.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 PM
woodie

thanks for the suggestions

Woodie