Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Falcon props and spinners

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike. My adapter was tighter than that. Good to see they opened it up. I was able to find a rotary tool bit that did the job (by hand) and now have a perfect fit. The adapter itself is pretty tight in the back plate - tight enough to hold the adapter while I worked it.

I would not suggest machining the shaft if it is measuring that close to 8mm. Mine was certainly not oversized.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by OhD
You guys just ruined my day. I recently bought a Falcon spinner for a Neu with an 8 to10 mm prop adapter. Am I going to be able to ream the spinner adapter to 10mm? Do they sell a 10mm adapter?

By the way my 8mm reamers fit perfectly in the Falcon supplied adapter.

Jim O
I would think the back plate is machined to 10mm and the adapter piece is only needed for 8mm shafts. So you should be able to just use the spinner and back plate out of the package with the adapter piece removed. My plane is not at my house though so I can't verify that, but it seems that is a common approach.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Jason Arnold

Originally Posted by Jetdesign
Thanks Mike. My adapter was tighter than that. Good to see they opened it up. I was able to find a rotary tool bit that did the job (by hand) and now have a perfect fit. The adapter itself is pretty tight in the back plate - tight enough to hold the adapter while I worked it.

I would not suggest machining the shaft if it is measuring that close to 8mm. Mine was certainly not oversized.
Good stuff Joe,

Glad to see you slightly modified the $72 item to get a nice fit. ;-)

Cheers,
Jason.