Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Jetti box hook issue with Spin 99

Old 06-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Walfam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetti box hook issue with Spin 99

Hi,

I am having an issue with my Jeti mini box. I have the long lead hooked to the receiver batter and the lead from the Spin 99 esc hooked up to the ext. input. I keep getting a message of "waiting for dev". Can anyone help me with this.

Everything is hooked up, the throttle is working fine. but nothing registers on the jeti mini box.

After this, I am ready to fly. Again. Castle did a BBQ and I had to ditch the plane. minor damage, but took out the motor and there went $500.00 down the tubes.

Any help would be appreciated

Wayne
Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Dsnow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have the Spin but do you have the main motor battery hooked up too? For the Mezon with bec you do not need the main battery hooked up but with all the non-bec esc's I believe you do need it to power the esc.

Dave
Old 06-22-2014, 05:20 AM
KGSS28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wayne , For the set up I recommend you follow this procedure.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...ints-jeti.html

By Jim Odino ( OhD) In my opinion he is pretty much the master of these things .

To set the pulse width all you do is plug the wire that came with it into the receiver THR slot and into the blue slot on the box . Turn the transmitter and receiver on and the box will come on it does not need to be hooked to the ESC or to a battery to set your pulse width from your transmitter. Make sure every thing else like THR curve, or anything you may have mixed or programed on or with the THR be zeroed out before you set them with your ATV

Once you set them you wont have to touch them again.

Follow the rest of Jim's set up for your motor . It seems a little much at first but once you go through it a time or two it is really easy and the ESC is very programmable and friendly.

Jim has written about this many times some in more depth you can click on OhD and find them.

Last edited by KGSS28; 06-22-2014 at 05:30 AM.