Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Cantilizer incendence ?

Old 04-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Cliff_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cantilizer incendence ?

I am working to trim my first plane with a cantilizer, trying to figure out where the incendence should be for the cantilizer, should it be the same as the wing or set it to the stab or somewhere in Between?
Would like to hear from some folks that are using a cantilizer. My first thought would be to set with the wing.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:33 PM
AC Glenn
My Feedback: (2)

Same as the wing.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Alfonso Garcia

Originally Posted by Cliff_B View Post
I am working to trim my first plane with a cantilizer, trying to figure out where the incendence should be for the cantilizer, should it be the same as the wing or set it to the stab or somewhere in Between?
Would like to hear from some folks that are using a cantilizer. My first thought would be to set with the wing.
Hi Cliff;
My planes with T- Canalizer ended with incidence more close to stab than wings. Even less incidence than stab. I followed Brian Herbert advice and set the wing incidence and CG without T- canalizer and when satisfied added the Canalizer at incidence that do not modify the plane trimming at all.
Alfonso.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Hamish Galloway

I'm with AC.. set the cantalzer same as the wing.. start with 0.5 +ve wing ...
0.5 +ve cantilizer...
0.5 down thrust ..
0.1 +ve stabs

this will will be a close starting point
Old 04-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Malcolm H

So here is a related question. I'm flying a Galactika which needed a lot of wing incidence to cure a pull to the canopy in vertical up flight. The canalyser is now significantly negative in relation to the wing which I'm sure is giving other issues. I'd like to get it closer incidence wise to the wing but this isn't easy given the mounting method of a dowel at the front into a former and two M3 bolts at the rear.
Given that there is a moulded fairing on the front of the canalyser and the fuz, raising the leading edge by modifying the hole in the former is going to leave a large step between the fairing parts.

Anyone have a clever idea how to accomplish this?

Malcolm
Old 04-22-2017, 09:38 PM
MAVROS

Gday Malcolm,

I fly the GALACTIK and my settings are:

+ .7 wings
0.0 stabs
- .1 T CAN
CoG 220mm from LE

Rgds