Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Polyquest repairs?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:07 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polyquest repairs?

Who knows who I should contact regarding a potential problem with my 5S4350 packs? The place that sold them to me in March has shut their doors. TIA, Mike
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Polyquest repairs?

Mike you might go straight to Enerland if you don't already have there info here. http://www.enerland.com/index.php

Steve Maxwell
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 AM
mups53

Thanks Steve. I emailed them. I'm still using the packs but I feel they have dropped some in performance. Hopefully the manufacturer will look at them. Mike
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
mups53

Also I took these off the market. I don't feel confident enough in them to sell them to anyone. It wouldn't be right. You have to be very careful with the newer higher output cells today. There are many reports of the newer packs deteriorating faster than expected. Ahh this hobby at time will drive you nuts!!!! Mike
Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike it seems to be a CATCH 22 the newer high discharge packs seem to use more MAH because they do unload better but with less heat, the older 12-15c discharge packs don't use as much MAH but do heat up more because of the IR, even though I have desided to try the 4200's from the other thread I maybe able to see an advantage to one or the other over time. At this point in time I feel that we should carry as much capacity as possible, cool as good as we can, and use as little as we need in MAH, all this may come down to $ per flight, smaller packs higher discharge less money, lower discharge bigger packs more money, it may come out a wash for all we know now.

Steve Maxwell