Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Flightpower EON X LiPo

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flightpower EON X LiPo

Hi
I am considering investing heavily in some new Flight power Eon X cells but befope I do does anyone have any experience of these cells. I read the spec and they seem too good to be true. I always thought that charging at higher than 1C would drastically shorten the cells life but reading the fFlightpower site seems to suggest these cells are capable of taking it. I already have a Flightpower 6S cell which has not had alot of use but the capacity has fallen 20%, to be honest this may have been my fault as it got an accidental deep discharge on only its third flight, but I would like to get other peoples input.

Mike

Old 07-01-2009, 12:21 AM
joenella

Default RE: Flightpower EON X LiPo

If I where You, I would invest in some Desire power lipo's, they are light-deliver the power and less cost.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:17 AM
mikehannah

I was primarily interested in the Eon X packs however in the man time I am always open to new ideas.
Where di you get them from?

Mike
Old 07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
joenella

ORIGINAL: mikehannah

I was primarily interested in the Eon X packs however in the man time I am always open to new ideas.
Where di you get them from?

Mike
I got them locally www.rc-netbutik.dk

But try google them, You can easily get them straight from the manucfaturer for a fair price as well.

Joen
Old 07-01-2009, 12:10 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike ... I got the Desire Power from the factory direct, I will not touch them again. I got the 25C and 30C packs to test and they did not hold up well. 20 cycles and puffing started. Price wise its not all that great ... best off using Rhinos and Zippys from Hobby City. If you really want their contact just PM me ok! I can give you the factory sales person's contact. I have always been using FP batts only but of late I see that the Rhinos are holding up well at 1/3 the price.

All the new batts can charge at more than 1C, 2.5C even but its a fact that by doing so it will shorten the life span. Some people who have got amazing number of cycles on their batts have charged them at 0.25C and run them around a mere 8C ... 200 cycles from a pack is nothing, the total number of cycles is shocking from what one leading manufacturer tells me.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM
jfetter

ORIGINAL: mikehannah

I am considering investing heavily in some new Flight power Eon X cells but befope I do does anyone have any experience of these cells.

Mike
Mike,

I've tested the new EonX 30 packs, I've compared them to last year's EVO 30's as well as the new Thunder Power Pro Power 40C packs. I've posted a lengthy write up over on RCGroups, you might be interested...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035583 ===> Post #47

Jack