few questions about an electric pattern

Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

few questions about an electric pattern

Old 08-21-2009, 01:18 PM
ofaingu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions about an electric pattern

Hi,I wanted to know which engine you recommend the most for pattern planes 2x2 Plettenberg or Hacker?
Which plane is built the best Spark Krill or Valiant CARF ?
what king of batteries are recommended for the engine,and what for the servos...?
what servos are recommended for the plane?

*Pleas tell me for each question why did you choose or recommend precisely this answere\product....

I would thank you if you answere my following questions .
Sincerely,
Or.F
Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: few questions about an electric pattern

Or,F

What you are asking is very subjective and you will get many different answers based on the respondant's personal preferences.

Both planes are manufactured by respected companies, so pick which one you like better.

Both motors are manufactured by respected companies and are used by top notch competitors, so pick which one you like better. One is geared (assuming you are talking about the Hacker inrunner motors), one is not (outrunner).

Servos from any of the top radio manufactures will work with either plane. Basic requirement is that the servo is fast enough, strong enough and centers adequately for the particular control surface it is used. There are many threads here on RCU about various servos for our planes. You might try a search.

I am sorry this is a vague answer, but there is no single right answer to your question, but there are many choices that will work.

My personal recommendation is copy what has been successful for someone flying the plane you pick. Same servos, motor and TX/RX will have been proven by that competitor. With that approach, you are not experimenting but start with something that already works. You can experiment later.

BTW, the Valiant is brand new. Not much info on it yet. I think they are just getting ready to ship the first ones.

Woodie
Old 08-21-2009, 04:01 PM
ofaingu

That is the problem-I dont know what to pick Im pretty new in this hobby and I wanted to move on to electrified aircrafts so I'm expecting for some responses and recommendations about the things I dont really understand

thankes anyway and expecting for some more answeres,
Or

Old 08-21-2009, 04:42 PM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Try looking thru this website:
http://www.electric-f3a.com/
I second Woodie's recommendation. Find someone that is using a setup that has proven itself
and do exactly as they did.
Good luck!

JLK
Old 08-22-2009, 12:47 AM
joenella

ORIGINAL: ofaingu

Hi,I wanted to know which engine you recommend the most for pattern planes 2x2 Plettenberg or Hacker?
what king of batteries are recommended for the engine,and what for the servos...?

*Pleas tell me for each question why did you choose or recommend precisely this answere\product....

Sincerely,
Or.F
My setup is like followd´s:

SPARK no 1: Composite fuselage and foamwings/stab with balsa

Motor : AXI 5330/F3A this is a powerfull outrunner, no problems at all around 350 flights on it, best prop AXI 20x13
Controller: JETI Advanced 99
Servos: Hitec 524 for elevator and ailerons, 5645 for rudder . These servos is working fine not to heavy and price is fair.

SPARK no. 2: Full composite the newest version which is called the dynamic
Motor: MEGA ACn F3A this motor is an geared inrunner but using only a 5:1 ratio powerfull but a bit heavy eater, uses a bit too many mAh's prop 21x14 CF from PT
Controller: YGE 80 HV - his is an very very good controller lightweight only 57 gr with cables, lots of features, more effective than others on the market an must have thing.
Servos: Ailerons Thunder Tiger 1015 heavy but precise, elevator Hitec 6985, rudder Hitec 6965 - nice combination gives good control, good centering.

SPARK no.3: Full blown composite - Dynamic version. Haven't flown yet but is ready for maiden.
Motor: Neu F3A
Controller: YGE 80 HV
Servo: Aileron SAVĂ–X SC 1251MG low profile type lighweight fast/strong/precise - elevator SAVĂ–X SH1350 midi servo mounted in the horizontal stabiliser - Rudder SAVĂ–X SC1257TG ultra fast/precise/strong lightweight

SPARK no.1 is using 2S 550 mAh LIPo with BEC for receiver. This is the only surviver out of two made in this version, which is the last prototype before the production model.
I had 1 from the previous full composite versions but due to bad luck it is not in my fleet anymore(crash wrongly judged height and distance, put it in some trees) but repaired and flying again

SPARK no.2 is using 2S A123 1100mAh for receiver this works very fine save weight , this is the FIRST dynamic version which where made, and have 125 flights on it, and still improving very very good flight charastic

SPARK no.3 is using 2S A123 1100mAh for receiver, haven't flown yet but ready for maiden.

Joen

Old 08-22-2009, 05:14 AM
ofaingu

ORIGINAL: joenella

ORIGINAL: ofaingu

Sincerely,
Or.F
My setup is like followd´s:

SPARK no 1: Composite fuselage and foamwings/stab with balsa

Motor : AXI 5330/F3A this is a powerfull outrunner, no problems at all around 350 flights on it, best prop AXI 20x13
Controller: JETI Advanced 99
Servos: Hitec 524 for elevator and ailerons, 5645 for rudder . These servos is working fine not to heavy and price is fair.

SPARK no. 2: Full composite the newest version which is called the dynamic
Motor: MEGA ACn F3A this motor is an geared inrunner but using only a 5:1 ratio powerfull but a bit heavy eater, uses a bit too many mAh's prop 21x14 CF from PT
Controller: YGE 80 HV - his is an very very good controller lightweight only 57 gr with cables, lots of features, more effective than others on the market an must have thing.
Servos: Ailerons Thunder Tiger 1015 heavy but precise, elevator Hitec 6985, rudder Hitec 6965 - nice combination gives good control, good centering.

SPARK no.3: Full blown composite - Dynamic version. Haven't flown yet but is ready for maiden.
Motor: Neu F3A
Controller: YGE 80 HV
Servo: Aileron SAVÖX SC 1251MG low profile type lighweight fast/strong/precise - elevator SAVÖX SH1350 midi servo mounted in the horizontal stabiliser - Rudder SAVÖX SC1257TG ultra fast/precise/strong lightweight

SPARK no.1 is using 2S 550 mAh LIPo with BEC for receiver. This is the only surviver out of two made in this version, which is the last prototype before the production model.
I had 1 from the previous full composite versions but due to bad luck it is not in my fleet anymore(crash wrongly judged height and distance, put it in some trees) but repaired and flying again

SPARK no.2 is using 2S A123 1100mAh for receiver this works very fine save weight , this is the FIRST dynamic version which where made, and have 125 flights on it, and still improving very very good flight charastic

SPARK no.3 is using 2S A123 1100mAh for receiver, haven't flown yet but ready for maiden.

Joen

Hi Joen ,which setup do you see the best for the newest Spark?which motor do you recommend the most from all you have...which controller ....ect...

thank you,
Or
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

I can't find a Hitec 524 listed anywhere. Is it possible the number got transposed?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:35 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the Hitec 5645s accurate? I got one lying around and am thinking of using it for my Wind S 110 rather than the 5485 on the rudder ...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or,

Please forgive me if this post sounds frivolous, but I have to ask. What flying experience do you currently have? Very experienced with several years of flying aerobatic planes? Medium experience with a few years of flying trainers and sport aerobatic planes? Or some experience and are just interested in trying pattern? You have only posted here on RC Universe a couple times and just recently joined, so there is no way to tell what experience level you are currently at.

The reason for my questions and concern is if you are a fairly new flyer or have a medium amount of experience with sport type planes, investing in absolute top of the line equipment just to try pattern might be an expensive experiment. If that is your situation, I would recommend trying pattern with a less expensive setup to start which will provide you plenty of flying capability to learn pattern basics and then graduate to a more competitive 2M setup.

Most of a pattern pilot's success is based on the pilot, not the plane or radio. Most people moving from sport planes to pattern do not benefit from better equipment as much as they benefit from good coaching and practice. Flying pattern is a very disciplined activity and requires the pilot to make the aircraft stay in a prescribed/restricted area (the Box) and follow a set of explicit maneuver guidelines. Most sport flyers have learned to fly in a much bigger area and don't really worry about following a specific flight pattern except for take off and landing. When they try to transition to pattern, the restricted flying area is a big challenge. Learning to fly maneuvers based on specific guidelines instead of just following the plane around the sky is also a pretty big challenge.

So, if you are a sport flyer wanting to try pattern, I recommend you find a good aerobatic plane (not 3D type) and get a coach to help you learn. Much like a newcomer to golf, a golf pro or golf lessons can go a long way toward developing good habits to start rather than trying to correct them later.

If this is not the case and you are an experienced flyer, then forgive me for my recommendation and concerns. In either event, welcome to the world of flying pattern. We have a great group of guys world wide, hopefully there are some pattern flyers near enough to you to help in your transition.

Woodie
Old 08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
ofaingu

ORIGINAL: woodie

Or,

Please forgive me if this post sounds frivolous, but I have to ask. What flying experience do you currently have? Very experienced with several years of flying aerobatic planes? Medium experience with a few years of flying trainers and sport aerobatic planes? Or some experience and are just interested in trying pattern? You have only posted here on RC Universe a couple times and just recently joined, so there is no way to tell what experience level you are currently at.

The reason for my questions and concern is if you are a fairly new flyer or have a medium amount of experience with sport type planes, investing in absolute top of the line equipment just to try pattern might be an expensive experiment. If that is your situation, I would recommend trying pattern with a less expensive setup to start which will provide you plenty of flying capability to learn pattern basics and then graduate to a more competitive 2M setup.

Most of a pattern pilot's success is based on the pilot, not the plane or radio. Most people moving from sport planes to pattern do not benefit from better equipment as much as they benefit from good coaching and practice. Flying pattern is a very disciplined activity and requires the pilot to make the aircraft stay in a prescribed/restricted area (the Box) and follow a set of explicit maneuver guidelines. Most sport flyers have learned to fly in a much bigger area and don't really worry about following a specific flight pattern except for take off and landing. When they try to transition to pattern, the restricted flying area is a big challenge. Learning to fly maneuvers based on specific guidelines instead of just following the plane around the sky is also a pretty big challenge.

So, if you are a sport flyer wanting to try pattern, I recommend you find a good aerobatic plane (not 3D type) and get a coach to help you learn. Much like a newcomer to golf, a golf pro or golf lessons can go a long way toward developing good habits to start rather than trying to correct them later.

If this is not the case and you are an experienced flyer, then forgive me for my recommendation and concerns. In either event, welcome to the world of flying pattern. We have a great group of guys world wide, hopefully there are some pattern flyers near enough to you to help in your transition.

Woodie
Hey Woodie thank you for asking.
Im flying a showtime 90 Hangar 9 (glow)right now ,freestyle and F3A.
Especially F3A- Im compiting there and I won first place lastcompatitionin Israel at Seniors sequence...
Many experienced people,have told me I gotta buy other plane for F3A and one for freestyle beacause I HAVE A GOOD POTENTIAL AND GOOD HANDS .IM in this hobby only 2 years and started compiting one year ago!
Sincerely,
Or.F.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 PM
joenella

Sorry

In my SPARK no.1 I use Hitec 5245MG
Old 08-22-2009, 05:53 PM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

Thanks Joen, sorry not needed. I have a couple 5245's I was planning on using for ailerons on my winter 2M (electric) project. I didn't think they where strong enough for the elevator. But, I'm very new to "E" and am having a hard time understanding the less demanding environment of "E". Have you reprogrammed yours?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
joenella

Astro

No I haven't reprogrammed them, but ti went through some of them to find 4 pcs which is running quite similar to each other. When running on 6V they produce around 5kg/cm each which is plenty for pattern. Other advantage by E-flying is the long lasting equipment no vibrations to kill your servogears just plain wear
Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
ofaingu

Hi,I wanted to know which engine you recommend the most for pattern planes 2x2 Plettenberg or Hackeror Axi?

Sincerely,
Or.F