Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

LiPo Shipping Regs

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
EHFAI

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LiPo Shipping Regs

New DOT regs became effective Oct. 1, 2009 regarding the shipment of lithium containing batteries. A detailed explaination is presented at: http://www.ultralifebatteries.com/do...egulations.pdf

(Note: RCU underlines the link - be aware that there is a line between each spaced word in the link if you retype it.)

What appears of importance to pattern is that the batteries we normally use fall into a category that limits lithium equivalence to < 8g / pack (as determined by 0.3 x capacity in amps / cell totaled) and
Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LiPo Shipping Regs

Trying to figure what this means for us who by from overseas? I just received in the mail 4x 4s4000mAh Zippy's from HK in HK. Thats .3x4x4x4=16g eq. The package had no special marking other than "Fragile-Handle With Care, Please". Will this change? What will it do to the price?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 AM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LiPo Shipping Regs

Dreadnaut,

You comments about Hobby King are interesting. I just ordered my first set of Rhino's from them and the package was simply labeled as "Toy Replacement Parts" which I thought was a little misleading. At any rate, the batteries arrived in 4 days so they were obviously shipped through air.

On a side note, my initial testing shows them to be better than anything I have had before. This is my first set from them, so I do not know how long they will last, but for the price, it was worth giving them a try.

Teo