Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

i really need help!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

i really need help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
nissanlove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i really need help!

im down to the BIG question, WHICH ONE DO I ORDER!!!!! i really need help, i want a indoor flyer, shaft driven tail rotor and good parts availability, ive been looking at the walkera 4#6 and was told its the same as a novus 125, can anyone confirm that?? i just need recommendations on what the best buy would be im tired of looking and going in circles i need veterens who own the product to chime in and help me decide!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Beachcomber

Default RE: i really need help!

I do know that Walkera builds the Novus series of helis for Helimax. But that doesn't necessarily mean the parts are interchangeable. I have no first hand experience to confirm that for you. Maybe someone can chime in and confirm. You'll pay more for a Helimax, mainly because Walkera allows sellers to offer deeper discounts on-line.

I don't think you will find a consensus in this or any forum. The question of what model to buy comes up a lot, and there is never one answer. Too many different opinions, and also some posts are from folks who work for a manufacturer or distributer. btw, I don't.

In general, if you want to fly indoors, stay smaller that 450 size, unless your indoor area is real big.

And not wanting a motor driven tail is a good idea, because they are usually a cause of problems (not holding trail and short life).

As for small single rotor helis, pay attention to whether it has a flybar that is 90 degrees to the main rotor blades, or 45 degrees. Because the 45 degrees is much easier to fly, but you give up some aggressive controllability, if you're into that.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
augerin2

Default RE: i really need help!

Have you checked HeliFreak. They have a forum dedicated to Walkera Novus heli's. I asked about one of these this past christmas & the local Hoby shop I go to. I was left with the impresion they are the same bird. Kinda like the Exceed G2Raptor & the Walkera 36B. Same Bird. Differant decals. I was also told the Walkera or the Novus is VERY tough to fly. So if you don't have any experience with 6 chanels you might want to go back to looing at the Exi 450. I think that would be a better heli to learn on. parts for it are pleantiful & reasonable. Avg. crash cost about $50 bucks.