Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo SRB Quark - BETTER BLADES!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo SRB Quark - BETTER BLADES!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo SRB Quark - BETTER BLADES!

I've had these blades before the Quark SRB came out, and have offered them for the SRB, to various people via word of mouth since my first post about them in the RCG thread about the QUark SRB.

Lack of time to do a proper video to show them has kept them a bit secret, but I have finally decided to put them out in the open.

Below is the video of them.

I read somewhere that someone was using a soda can cut to shape for the tail blade. Some of you old timers will recall, that MIA Micro-FLIGHT was the first to do aluminum cambered ultra-light blades for the first Micro helicopter called the MIA Robin 280 (Photo attached), in fact, these same blades were bough by NASA reasearch center, along with a few MIA Robin 280s in 2000, NASA even published a paper on my blades, around that time, but as soon as NASA Found out I had linked to their paper, they took it down from the internet, hmmm? makes you wonder why they do stuff like that, but I kept a hard copy of their publication for historical reference which will be up in the MIA Museum. From what I understand NASA was using the blades and the helicopters to test a project for a Mars expedition.

I also posted info and photos of these MIA Aluminum anodized blades in the RCG Quark thread, about a year ago, and although I have quite a few of them left, from the Robin 280, and they work very efficient also on the SRB, I steered away from offering them for such, because once you hit a wall or hard object with them they dent, making them less efficient, in a way are no better than the stock foamie blades which are super fragile. Instead I decided to offer the MIA Bumble Bee "sub-micro" woodies and light weight g10 fiberglass tail blades for use on the SRB. My video clearly tells the story more in depth.

Something to keep in mind is that not all woodies are the same, MIA Wood blades were designed at a time where Nicads were the only choice for models and thus the blades had to be especifically designed efficient and lightweight. Thus the reason why MIA blades work excellent on the SRB. Any other wood blade, it will be too heavy and inefficient and some don't work being that they are fully symmetrical (Great for CP helis).

Consider this an option, if you want a quick ready to install blade. E-mail me directly until I can update the [link]http://www.micro-flight.com[/link] MIA site Quark SRB page.

A Bit of history on MIA Micro and Sub-Micro Helicopter Blades (photos attached)

NOTE! SAVE THE QUARK SRB TAIL ROTOR BLADE PLASTIC SUPPORT. YOU CAN SIMPLY PRY OFF THE PLASTIC PARTS WITH AN EXACTO BLADE REMOVING THE BROKEN FOAM PARTS AND REUSING THE PASTIC PARTS WITH MIA G10 FIBERGLASS TAIL BLADE.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whIe4HiTHB0[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27573.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1477068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23793.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1477069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47671.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	1477070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd86956.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	1477071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45136.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1477072  
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 PM
everest_4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark - BETTER BLADES!

pm sent.