Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Great Planes Simulator

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Great Planes Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:54 PM
LouGold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Simulator

Hi:

I recently purchased a Great Planes simulator (Real Flight). I had a back injury two years ago and was unable to continue in the hobby. I enjoyed RC planes (for 10 years) and missed it very much. Because of this injury, not allowing me to continue, I thought that an electric helicopter would allow me to get back into the hobby.

I would like to know if anyone is using the this simulator and what kind of luck they are having. I thought that learning to fly the helicopter on the computer would help me when I buy an actual model and prevent many repairs.

Any input will be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:10 AM
AvadaKadavra

If you have an injury that prevents you from flying planes , then surely this injury will prevent you from flying helicopters
Old 08-07-2003, 01:26 AM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I learned to fly helicopters about 20 years ago, and then got out them about 16 years ago, allthough I continued to fly fixed wing. It was playing with the helis in Real Flight that got me interested in them again. I feel that using Real Flight helped get my skills back up, but when it came time to fly my new electric heli for real there was still some learning curve to get back up. In the end the sim time helped.

In the end, sim time should be of value to most any pilot -- gives you a chance to try something new with out a risk. For the new pilot it should reduce, but not elimanate, the number of crashes.

Steven
Old 08-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Jim C.

i tought myself to fly helis on the sim.. i have a stupid number of hours on it ... something like 50 hrs + just on helis alone. but i have been doing great. dropped the training gear on like the 3rd time out to the field.. unfortuanatly, i dont have much time to fly due to work.. anyways. hope ya get better soon and get something in the air!!!