Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Sorting out all the info

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Sorting out all the info

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Bigdaddybiscuitsplitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorting out all the info

Happy new years everybody!
Ok, here is a stupid question, probably been answered, but I am having issues finding the answers to questions I have in the forums, does anybody have any idea how one could possibly streamline the process of getting answers? I am not new to RC modeling by any stretch of the imagination, and have spent almost my entire life with little or no outside help with my models. I am new to electric helis, and with the technology cheap enough to make this so affordable and attainable, I am full blown addicted. These forums have provided invaluable and plentiful info, and having a global network of fellow addicts readily accessible for the first time (instead of the global network of me, my hard earned dollars, and a few old timer hobby snobs at my LHS ) has allowed me to enjoy this hobby once again- girls, work, single full time parenting, etc. has put my "me" time into a tight schedule, while also reducing the money I can throw at my toys. Clubs, local and friendly experience, and local hobby shops in my area either don't exist, or flat out suck, (yeah lots of bad experience).
I won't stand on my soap box long, but somewhere, somebody, at somepoint, sometime, and someway has had to have had the same issues I have with my particular models. How does one get the info they need- right here and right now because im having too much fun and thanks to high speed smart phones and google, I can get answers any time and any place! My smartphone has finally given me a network full of help, experience, and all of the support that I never knew when I was a kid.
So, started with cheap chinese crap TOYS, realized that electric flight is affordable and attainable without a heavy commitment and my electric helicopter history is this: axe cp bought used first, and though waaaay too steep of a learning curve for a first helicopter, I enjoyed every epic crash. Then tried a helimax Comanche, quickly found the limits of that, bought a Novus cx and quickly found that my LHS was not user friendly and of the three "experts" that I was "assisted" by there, one told me I was an idiot and doing it wrong, one got tired of waiting for my battery to fully charge and after having spent 2 hours there waiting patiently, they didn't test my equipment, told me I was at fault, and flat out refused to help me any farther. The third guy told me I was wasting my time with models that fly, and that I was a "kook" for not owning an HPI baja..... Out of necessity I finally did my homework, found this site full of everything needed to have fun again, and now I am right where I needed to be. I now have a blade cx/2 which is where I should have started. Time is now mostly spent flying and smiling, and I have only the factory 3n1, servos, and transmitter as original parts. Cnc top to bottom with carbon fiber, better motors, taller upper rotor, 6" flybar.... No more blade strikes and FUN!
Already researching the next step, and looking for that magical combination of machine where it can be tuned from single rotor training to single rotor acrobatics... Thanks for the space and means to enjoy the hobby everybody! Please share any info possible on any of the topics I have mentioned, and thanks again
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sorting out all the info

Well, you can start by actually asking a question. I don't think I saw a question on the above statement, but correct me if I'm wrong. Now, don't come here looking for a silver bullet. Unless you get a person that is willing to write a book about helicopters (been done, just look for them at book stores) you will not find a single place for all your questions.

You need to be very specific in your question. And be concious that we can't keep track of what your equipment is. You might have to introduce your problem with a description of all the associated equipment installed on the machine.

Rafael