Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXTREME FLYERS X 350 COXIAL FROM HOBBY PEOPLE

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXTREME FLYERS X 350 COXIAL FROM HOBBY PEOPLE

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 12:11 PM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXTREME FLYERS X 350 COXIAL FROM HOBBY PEOPLE

hello.....after alot of couriosity and following a extremely long thread on rc groups , i bought the extreme flyers x 350. i have been flying blade coxial helis for about a yr. i have been wanting to fly outside ,and living in oklahoma, i needed a heli that could handle a stiff breeze. i am really impressed on how it flies in the wind...there is a video on rc groups of one flying in a 20 mph wind.( not the one in the video on hobby people)
the heli has a horizonal tail rotor that tilts the whole chassis forward,then hang on ....its very quick and after 10 flights i am enjoying the speed. i work with medical helicopters and i am interested in having the helicopter pilots give me their input and give it a whirl............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................... it has struck a wire and fell approx 15 ft onto the cement without damage.
i have learned not to unload the blades too fast on landing...there will be alot of rotor blade slap that will make your pulse go up quick.....i trimmed off about a inch of the canopy near the rotor and cut off the entire bottom part under the battery box..this allows much more air flow over the motors and speed control....i made a extension for the battery lead and made a sling of zip ties under the battery box so the battery can be changed without removing the canopy.
i am interested in any feed back you might have and any furthers modifications i need to make.....pault
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM
cubaneight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXTREME FLYERS X 350 COXIAL FROM HOBBY PEOPLE

An interesting posting. In my experience, pilots of full size aeroplanes or helicopters have very little advantage in terms of controlling a model of any type for the first time. Unless your Heli pilot friends have model flying experience, expect your model to be crashed PDQ! I'm not familiar with your particular model, but other than the changes you've made already, I wouldn't be inclined to modify the model further.
I did look at the YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pQx9WQnGY) of the model flying in windy conditions, and although it coped with the breeze quite well, all the pilot could do was keep it facing into wind and stop it blowing away as best he could.
Any co-ax heli is going to have a limited flight envelope, so aim to move up to a single rotor fixed pitch model (SR 120) and after you've mastered that, think about a collective pitch model (450 size). Don't rush things and only move on when you're really comfortable. A flight sim will be really useful. Best of luck.
C8