Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Retail Source for Replacement Tail Rotor Belts?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Retail Source for Replacement Tail Rotor Belts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 07:33 AM
skipper0802

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Retail Source for Replacement Tail Rotor Belts?

Hello All,
Recently my tail rotor belt broke and I've been looking for a replacement. The print on the side of the belt reads, "Unienti B463MXL". I understand this belt to be 940.816mm long by 2.6mm wide with 463 teeth. Unienti looks like a brand name and I'm not surprised to find little web-search results given the age of my "trainer" heli (Dynam 450 eRazor). The 450-class of electric heli still appears to be in wide use which why I'm confounded not to see more replacement-belt results at sites like Tower Hobbies, etc.
Need some help here. Any suggestions on sources for a replacement drive belt?
Thanks in advance,
Eric
Old 07-24-2022, 08:35 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I am not familiar with your particular items, but when I need an uncommon specialized machine part, I often look for it at Grainger. Doing a search for "Unienti B463MXL" there, I don't see an exact match, but it sends me to a page with a huge selection of belts, broken down by types, and with specifications shown in the lists:

Grainger belts

That probably won't quickly and easily get you exactly what you need, but if nobody posts anything else, you might be able to find something close enough to work. I doubt that a special belt was created for that aircraft, so they probably(?) designed it to use an off-the-shelf item. I'm not certain about that, though.

I hope that helps.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:43 AM
skipper0802

Thanks, Outrider. Checking it out now.
Old 07-24-2022, 09:01 AM
skipper0802

No solution was found at Grainger. They didn't have the length or number of teeth required. The closest compatible width they listed was 1/8" which would be within the width limit of the tail rotor shaft pulley
I'll have to continue searching.