Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:44 PM
jayhawk25_2000
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Well if this "free heli", is not a scam, then sign me up. I am a Flight Mechanic in the U.S. Coast Guard and have always been intrigued with rotary wing flight. Nitro helis were out of my budget so my wife purchase one of those Feda Dragonfly's off ebay for my birthday back in May. I was up in a hover in no time. Once I got to the point to where I was ready to venture about the darn all improved, all in one electronic board in the thing went south. Never to return. I contacted the company who is not the most fluent in English and the told me to send the bird back to them for replacement. Boy was I gullible, a.k.a. STUPID. That was back at the biginning of June. Needless to say I have not heard from them since. There shop has closed up and two days after sending the bird back I purchased a Hitec laser 6 transmitter and a heading lock gyro plus seperate speed controls, in addition to a bell 222 canopy. Now I have all this and no helicopter. My wife thought she was doing good, boy did she get hosed. Needless to say she is now anti e-bay and anti RC Hobby. Recieving this helicopter would restore both of our trust in the sport, mainly hers. I would be able to get some awsome pictures and areal photos with the micro cam that I use on my rc truck. Good luck to all and Have a Safe holiday season.
Paul
Old 12-09-2003, 06:59 PM
GA_fanatic

[]
Old 12-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Andrey M.

Hi, dear Jim T. Graham!

Some words about me: I am from Yekaterinburg, Russia. I am a student of one of most famous technical universities in our country. I've been interested in everything that flies since I was a child, built free-flying gliders. But since I entered University I have a lack of time for doing that. Now I am finishing my studies and will have time for my hobby again.

The thing that appears to be problematic is that Russia is a country of much desire but still less possibilities. The worst thing is that nothing at all is produced for modeling! No motors, no models, no electronics. Modeling is in a great disaster and lives only due to some freaks who import electronics and motors from the USA and Europe. Not everyone can afford to go abroad...

It has always been my dream to build an RC plane, an even have begun to do this, but soon I understood that I cannot finish it because of the lack of possibility to get required materials and good radio. Recently I traveled along the Internet and read about American models. I was interested in electric planes – they are silent, clean and do not need fuel, which is so difficult to find here. Suddenly, I noticed your message which seemed at first glance a joke. But after I’ve read it once again I understood: you are serious about it! I would be so glad to get this wonderful model!

I couldn't allow myself even to dream of RC Heli because it is unreal to build it and too expensive to buy. I know that in our city (pop. about 1.5 million) there are some heli models imported from abroad, but with glow motors, and I have never heard about electric ones. An electric heli can be flied at home which is perfect for our weather conditions (cold snowy winter)!

I am not experienced in piloting RC models, but I know their construction and the principles of work of planes, helis and their models. I am keen on mechanics, electronics, and English language, and will certainly tell about my impressions and problems in the forum, and will be happy to help those who will have questions about this model! I have many friends who would like to do modeling but like me they don't have opportunities to import a model from abroad. All we also interested in learning more about American producers and sellers of models, hoping to have one day a possibility to by these models. But still the only way that is available to get an RC model - it is such offers like yours.

If you decide to ship the heli to Russia you will make many people including me happy, you will attract many people to your company and your business, and it is guaranteed that you'll get plenty of replies, stories and pictures of this wonderful heli.

If it is difficult or inconvenient to make shipping to Russia, I think I can pay for it...

I wouldn't say that I am the guy whom you must give the heli, I will just hope...

Truly yours, A. Mednikov
Old 12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
tomflier

Default CONGRATS TO OMEGA-DOT

Billy Hell has pronounced Omega-Dot and his son to be the lucky winners...

Here is his post on R/CGroups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...74#post1584474

cheers
tomflier
Old 12-10-2003, 08:24 PM
GA_fanatic

Default RE: CONGRATS TO OMEGA-DOT

[]
Old 12-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Pipeous
My Feedback: (63)

That's cool. Have fun with it Omega Dot and beta dot too
Old 12-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

I haven't picked for this thread yet. I am about to make my decision though!
Old 12-11-2003, 02:58 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Goodie, I still kept my fingers crossed this whole time.

Jason
Old 12-11-2003, 03:01 PM
nitz7978

i still think i should win. I have a humming bird i am learning to fly and cant tell my girlfriend about it... money thing..... now if i had one that was given to me to review and show everyone how cool it is she would have to support my hobby.
Old 12-11-2003, 04:58 PM
ducat06

Hello
And what do you think about a frenchi ???
Is that not a good idea?
Jean-François

[email protected]
Old 12-11-2003, 05:43 PM
ctshaynes

ORIGINAL: Billy Hell

I haven't picked for this thread yet. I am about to make my decision though!
Wait I'm confused.. does this mean there are two? If so count me in, E-mail has already been sent. My e-mail starts the same as my user name.
Help a poor serviceman out here.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:04 PM
smokinghole42

Default Please read...

Dear Sir,
My name is Andrew Morrow. I live in Wisconsin. I saw your add as i was looking through the forums. Though I think that this may be too good to be true, I decided that I would try, however, just of of spite. I am 16 years old and am an actice member of MARCS, or Madison Area Radio Control Society. I am the Secretary of the club, and also the Flight Training Coordinator. Not the easiest of jobs. Most of your other interested persons would like this heli to compare to others. I will be honest, I want the heli because I want to enter a new realm of r/c flight. Most other people already have a helicopter if not several. I have none, and currently I have nothing to fly as I have desroyed all of mine. I have built and flown 6 aircraft in the last 2 years, 2 at a time as I only have 1 radio. I'm not a bad pilot it's just that I fly to the edge of thier performence. A helicopter requires thought and concentration, with good coordination of control imputs. I can do that. My hanger is empty and I would really like this heli. I'm broke, and I don't like getting things from my parents. Let me finish off by saying this. I do want this heli, but you control its fate. This whole adventure you have started has cost you time and money. For that, no matter how i fare in this, I wish to give you my most sincere thanks. A genorous person such as yourself is hard to find in todays society, so you will forever have my gratitude.

Sincerely,
Andrew Morrow
[email protected]/
Old 12-12-2003, 07:48 PM
khmoe

Default RE: Please read...

My name is Kristian Moe, from Norway(Santa land)

I have a Aerohawk my self. that i have modded alot. Ithougt i had to do this to get it to fly.
Now i'm unsertan because it seams like it only was my flying skills.

If get the lucky one i test it and find out if it was the aerohawk or me, or maybe both.

I had a freind come over today, and i got him hooked after i hovered my heli 10min infront of him, but he cannot afford one because of 24.des and lots of gifts to buy.

So if the aerohawk is flyable out of the box that i think it is, i will test it review it. takes lots of pictures and film of it when i fly.

And maybe document the progress of my friend that is getting it after the review.

I'm not the best at english, but hope you understand me.

Would be nice present for a friend and me. Nice if i could have a buddy to fly with.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:55 AM
Double-OZERO

What a bunch of sappy stories! I've tried my hardest to avoid lowering myself to this level. But I like alot of the others on here are just starting in heli's. I just bought a hummingbird and quite frankly I don't want to crash it... I bought alot of mods for it at the same time and would like to see it fly with all the polished aluminum not getting bent to crap.

I WANT (not so much deserving) this aerohawk so I can crash test it before handling my own. <-- HONESTLY....

We'll call it the AeroHawk Demo.....lition files. Got a really nice Digital Video Camera and excellent Digital Camera, capture card and all the software to make some really great crash videos. Heck I wont even try to learn to fly it I'll just give full throttle and see if I can handle it.

So from a lonely AirForce guy in Korea that's seperated from his wife and child for a one year remote tour with nothing but time on his hands, thank you.

P.S. This is not an actual submittal..... Just adding a little levity to what seems to be a heart wrenching battle for this bird. Keep your dignity people. It's all you got...........
Old 12-13-2003, 06:56 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

LOL
You guys are too much! Some of these sappy stories are absolutely hilarious!
Old 12-13-2003, 12:14 PM
iflynething

Hell......it's free........why wouldn't I want it?????????........NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY THAT YOU HAVE.......FREE STUFF IS ALWAYS GODD........I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT.....BUT I SERIOUSLY CAN'T COMPETE WITH WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE POSTED.....I HAVE TO CONGRATULATE WHOEVER GETS THE HELI.....UNLESS SOMEONE HAS GOT IT....BUT I HAVE BEEN TO THE END OF THE THREAD SO I DUNNO...........
Old 12-13-2003, 12:17 PM
iflynething

i GUESS NOBODY HAD GOT IT
Old 12-13-2003, 02:19 PM
smokinghole42

What a bunch of sappy stories! I've tried my hardest to avoid lowering myself to this level. But I like alot of the others on here are just starting in heli's. I just bought a hummingbird and quite frankly I don't want to crash it... I bought alot of mods for it at the same time and would like to see it fly with all the polished aluminum not getting bent to crap.

I WANT (not so much deserving) this aerohawk so I can crash test it before handling my own. <-- HONESTLY....

We'll call it the AeroHawk Demo.....lition files. Got a really nice Digital Video Camera and excellent Digital Camera, capture card and all the software to make some really great crash videos. Heck I wont even try to learn to fly it I'll just give full throttle and see if I can handle it.

So from a lonely AirForce guy in Korea that's seperated from his wife and child for a one year remote tour with nothing but time on his hands, thank you.

P.S. This is not an actual submittal..... Just adding a little levity to what seems to be a heart wrenching battle for this bird. Keep your dignity people. It's all you got...........
LOL
You guys are too much! Some of these sappy stories are absolutely hilarious!
Sappy stories!!!? Well, take this piece. I didn't say i deserved it! You have a job. I cannot because i live in the middle of nowhere. I have no time as I'm taking extra courses to graduate early from high school. You think my story is sappy, well then kiss off. What do you do for your club!? I volenteer to help in anyway possible. I try to make the hobby better for new comers and get the younger people in on it. What do you do? Fly your gobs of planes and help yourself only. You think my story is funny!!? Well that's my life you bigotous moron (look it up is you have to). Other people don't have it so easy. This guy is doing something really nice. He has gone above everything and is being very generous. We all need to thank him for this as I'm sure none of us would be willing to do such a thing. Sorry to all who don't deserve this. There's just the select few who need to pull their !$$.
Sincerly.
Andrew Morrow
Old 12-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Andrey M.

If have much money, power and possibilities, that doesn't mean that stories of others are sappy, IMHO.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Double-OZERO

Well that's my life you bigotous moron (look it up is you have to).
Well little guy I'm sorry....... And by the way bigotous is not a word. Bigot, Bigoted, Bigotedly and Bigotry are all words but yours is not. We'll forget it's not the proper use of a word for my next argument. If I'm a 'bigotous moron' then you are as well. Because a bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own. So by you being 'intollerant' of my opinion you become a bigot yourself.

Maybe you should think about staying in school and finishing it the right way. I hate to see this new generation always trying to cut corners where it really counts. I don't mean for this to become a personal attack I was just making a curious observation that I don't really believe that everyone is telling the whole truth. Maybe some are but in my experiences in life not everyone is a saint. And when it turns into a 'RAT RACE' it brings out some of the bad in people.

It doesn't really matter. I can see I've offended a couple of individuals so I will not post in this thread. But if you read the bottom line you may want to look up 'LEVITY' because it's obvious you don't understand what that means.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:01 AM
pblgml
My Feedback: (29)

Billy,

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to have the chance to try out this new heli, I have been looking at purchasing a heli but I am unsure wich one to get. I have been flying electric planes for several years and would like to try my hand at a heli. I will be able to provide you with many hours of flight time on this heli. The reason for this I am a farmer by trade and have three to four months to fly this heli, I will also be able to provide many digital photo's that you would need. I also have the ablity to fly this indoors at one of my large building that I have on the farm.

Thanks
Paul Leishman
Old 12-14-2003, 04:03 PM
tegwin

I am 15 and can not afford a helicopter i have spsent some time using a trainer plane.

I thik i should have it because it is good to hear what the younger generation thinks about things like this, a youngsters opinion is also usefull in terms of how easy it is to build etc..

Jst pick me its not that hard

teeheee
Old 12-15-2003, 08:58 AM
RC_Pilot2k
My Feedback: (26)

Well, all I can say is that I've been flying helis and planes for a long time, I'm currently an out-of-work Network Administrator, so I have LOTS of time on my hands to fly/test. I also enjoy doing write-ups on my r/c projects and car repairs. For more info, see my website. Thanks for the opportunity. This is truly an awesome forum!

www.kcmoore.net

www.kcmoore.net/myfleet/myfleet.html
Old 12-15-2003, 12:07 PM
Billy Hell

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Thanks to all that emailed or posted to this thread.

We have picked pblgml to be the proud recipient of the AeroHawk micro heli.

There were a lot of people I would have sent a heli to if I could but the powers that be are watching. HOWEVER, for those that have either emailed me direct or posted to this post, I will give you $20 off the price of the AeroHawk if you choose to buy it. We do not have them in stock yet but should by mid January. If you are interested please let me know. We do not yet know the price, but it will be priced low.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to pblgml and thanks to everyone else!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Why Not

Congratulations, pblgml!!!

I have been watching this thread in anticipation! Thank you, Hobby Lobby, for providing such an opportunity!

pblgml, Please Enjoy this new Heli as much as any of us would!!!

Take Care,
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.