Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Shaking Micro Heli.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Shaking Micro Heli.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Agpilot25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking Micro Heli.

I am new to micro helis. I just bought a smartech heli. When I spool up the rotors everthing is fine as soon as I get in the air a bought 2 seconds in a hover the heli starts shaking and gets so bad the main rotor starts getting in the tail rotor. I have checked everything flybar, blades , shaft. Anyone know what to do? Please Help.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:58 PM
probeking

Default RE: Shaking Micro Heli.

ive seen this on my shogun when the head speed is too slow (battery dieing)...make sure you have enough power at the hover point so there is enough head speed
Old 09-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

tighten your blades a bit.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:55 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

OR loosen your blades a bit. Its a delicate balance if they are too tight they may not be opening fully to where they are straight out and that too could cause a definate shake as so if they are to loose.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:31 AM
RebarDWG

I was at my local hobby shop and one of the guys that worked there had his 400 on display. I notice that almost all the teeth on the tail gear were striped. I asked about it and he said he crashed it due to immense shaking and vibrating. When I had a piccolo pro, i had the same problem. If this shogun is anything like the piccolo, i dont want to have anything to do with it. I think alot of the servo twitching was due to the cheap piccoboard electronics. I never trusted that gear.

Double check and make sure your blades are tracked and balanced.. It sounds like your heli is unblanced like a unbalanced car tire. Kinda similar to putting a small weight on one blade but not the other. Maybe even check to make sure your main shaft is not bent.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
sterry0801

I have the same exact problem on a Dragonfly kit that I got. I have checked everything and it seems balanced. I take off and after hovering about about 30 - 45 seconds, the heli starts shaking violently and I have to get it back on the ground before it flys apart. I have noticed that if the main rotor blades are too lose, as mentioned, it will shake IMMEDIATELY before I even can get it off the ground. This problem seems very different though. It is already in the air, and seems pretty smooth, and then all of a sudden starts shaking violently.

If anyone else has any other input, I would really appreciate it as well.

Now, on the other hand, I have a FP Fun Piccolo and it has never acted this way. It has always been very smooth in the air. It still a handful for me to try to control it but compared to the Dragonfly kit, it seems a lot more user friendly.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

put your piccolo blades on the dragonfly, youll be amazed how much better it flies.

About the violent shaking, i run my blades really tight, and align them by eye before i spool up, ive found that in forward flight and fast forward flight if the blades are too loose they will come out of alignment when making turns, and the heli shakes violently and ends up crashing.

they should be tight enough so that when you hold the heli on its side and shake it the blades dont move. You usually have to use a different(longer) bolt and locknut thru the head to accomplish this.

Dylan
Old 09-21-2004, 08:16 AM
RebarDWG

i almost forgot, make sure your blades are not warped or bent. This problem has caused my heli's blade to be out of track.