Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Twistable Main Rotor?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Twistable Main Rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Thunderbirded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twistable Main Rotor?

when i got my thunderbird, i noticed that its REALLY easy to swivel the main rotors around...i was confused by this...isnt it unstable to have main rotors that can swing all over the place at the touch of a finger?

how do you get the rotors to stop swinging around?

if you dont understand what i mean...lemmie explain...i can hold one side of the main rotor and swing the other one around...im guessing so they can fold up for storage?
anyways, how to you get them to STAY parallel to each other?
Old 12-22-2004, 04:48 PM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Twistable Main Rotor?

They are supposed to stay put. Meaning that even though they can swivel there should be some tension there so they cant swivel on their own. Basically the reason they are supposed to remain slightly loose is because you cannot acuratly gauge parallel by yourself its impossible. There is nothing to gauge a parallel line to anyway. So in short centifigal force is your best friend in this case. When the rotors spool up the inertia pulling tha blades outward makes them parallel to each other. That is why it is important to keep them slightly loose but not soooo loose they flop around on their own that could cause too much vibration and result in a very unstable aircraft. As to how to tighten them down look close to where they connect to the center hub there should be some sort of locking nut or hex nut there to tighten. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Thunderbirded

thanks for the info it helped alot...i guess it also helps so if you crash they will be less likely to break
Old 12-23-2004, 07:13 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Well yes and no. I am sure it lessens the blow but some of more delicate tip overs have resulted in a chip here and there. But when they smack your shins you are sure glad that they folded up because the pain inflicted on your shins is imense. I cant imagine if they were so tight they didnt move.OUCH!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Crabstick

mine are reasonably loose, i find the centrifugal force puts the blades in the right place, and i am flying saweeet with them.