Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
jaardesign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo XRB PICS!!! and build info.

Well i re-read this thread and i dont know what your all talking about. My xrb rotates much faster in the clockwise direction. Its obviouse from the sound and the fact that it loses altitude that the motor slowes when rotating counterclockwise. So, according to the posts here my xrb acts oposite to all yours. I also have another problem with rotation in the counterclockwise direction. I think its either a low battery or overheating motors but twords the end of a flight i can not rotate counterclockwise if i have the motors at full throttle. to solve this i have to let off throttle a tiny bit and it will start rotatating, BUT, since when my xrb rotates counterclockwise it loses altitude anyway, having to lower throttle sucks. And at the same time i can rotate clockwise without a problem. Anyway...

Ive also got a problem with the blades bending and cutting eachother to pieces in the middle of a flight. it happens when i go from full reverse to full forward, and probably vise versa. and it also happens with new blades. I'm not ready for carbon fiber blades. I think ill try the packing tape idea but i dont want to break something else on the heli if i crash.

P.S. I couldnt find anything even close to the adjustment rod ends at my LHS so i had to order some. I dont know how mine broke but i wouldnt be surprised if it happened again. i also ordered and extra stablizer bar since it tends so come off in a crash and ide hate to lose it and not have an extra. and i ordered an upper rotor assembly incase the place where the stabilizer bar clips in breaks.
and umm, i ordered enough blades so that i wont ever have to worry about it again. lol

Old 05-03-2005, 08:42 PM
jaardesign

Well as i mentioned in my post above, my xrb has always lost altitude when i tried to turn it counterclockwise. That made me think my xrb was reversed, untill i crashed the other day. the next time i tried to fly it it was spinning clockwise very fast. the green led was on steady, but i had my pitch angle adjustment screw cranked as far right as it would go. So i was thinking that the motor had gone bad. anyway, i found that my tail boom had a crack in it, so i taped it up. then i replaced my laminated blades with unlaminated ones. then when i tried to fly it again it was spinning counterclockwise. wiered. so i adjusted my pitch angle adjustment screw to the left. now it flys perfect. im just writting this to show you how much the pitch angle effects flight. and obviously having a broken tail boom vibrating around effected it too. this thing is tricky.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:54 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Heh....Im glad to see this thread is still alive. When I started it, I never expected it to get this big.

Looks like mostly everyone is still having fun with their XRB.

Im still flying mine around on a regular basis. Carbon blades and all. I have found something that works better than packing tape for stiffening the foam blades.

3M Blendderm tape!

Dubro sells it as "Electric hinge tape"

Its an extremely soft pliable SUPER holding tape with a flat matte finish. It sticks really well, and still allows the blades to flex, but keeps them from busting up to bad when they hit something.

If you want to go all out with the blades.....spray them with epoxy resin. basically have glass blades with foam cores. Heavier, but they aint breakin.

If anyone wants a short video clip of the XRB taking it to the max inside a gym, send me your e-mail in a private message and Ill e-mail it to you.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
jaardesign

here are some pics of my xrb with some newly customized blades. i think it looks 1000 times cooler, ill be doing it for now on. i just used a permanent marker and left some blank lines, super easy. the trick was coloring the blades exactly the same. im gonna play with some other patterns...see if i can get a spiral or something.
anyone else got some cool pics?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80823.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	268858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok28676.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	268859  
Old 05-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Jimmmaaa

From the pictures included, this heli really looks like a toy. If i bought it, would I be able to take off the canopy and fake engine and maybe the tail section??
Old 05-10-2005, 10:13 PM
jaardesign

yep it flys without all that stuff.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:58 PM
heliflyer7

Love my new XRB!! Balanced, tracked, tweaked, hovers rock solid hands off.

HOWEVER, has anyone come to a conclusion on the need for full right cyclic on forward flight, at any speed above a crawl. Interestingly, right cyclic is much more effective in backwards flight, makes sense I guess.

Bottom line, is there a fix??

Thanks, Jack

Hirobo Shuttle ZXX, Hirobo .30 Lama, Hirobo XRB Sky Robo, GP Super Sportster 120, GP Ultra Sport 90, Goldberg Sophisticated Lady, many Hobby Shack Spirit of America Gliders kit bashed beyond belief :-), Kyosho Baja Buggy
Old 05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
bdavison

Ive heard of a couple of people having to hold right or left cyclic in during forward flight, but I havent experienced this yet. As of yet I havent been able to duplicate it or figure out whats causing it.

Based on what most people have described is that the heli will sideslip to one side in forward flight unless opposite cyclic is held in, but doesn't exhibit the sideslip while hovering.

As of yet, my only suggestion is to adjust the gyro to compensate. Problem is that you might be holding some cyclic while in a hover.

Old 05-17-2005, 04:33 PM
jaardesign

Mine has always flown straight. Perhaps its the servo needing adjustment or replacement. As for me i think its time for carbon fiber blades. how tough are they? Useing the stock unlaminated blades I cant make it through one outdoor flight anymore without one of the B blades folding into the A blades and chopping the tips off. And while laminating helps alot they still tend to bend after awhile. I'm thinking of applying some carbon fiber strips to the bottom of the blades.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
kurtmeyer
Banned

this little heli is awesome!i just love it....kurt
Old 07-12-2005, 08:37 PM
skyheli

Well Jaardesign... I applied some carbon strips to the top of the blade. After Careful balancing. The blades work great. I have good control. here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78399.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	296657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33749.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	296658  
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

I haven't flown a heli in 10 years---I saw this cute little bugger in the hobby shop. She was all charged up and ready to go. I was hovering inside of the hobby shop in a space that is only about 4'x4' with EASE!!! This is a nice flying bird.

Kevin
Old 07-13-2005, 02:36 AM
jaardesign

Skyheli, awsome. please tell me everything. how flexible are the blades now? how did you apply the carbon and where did you get it? thanks alot!

Kevin, your right, its a great heli and if your LHS sells parts for it then they are cool. You should get one!

Old 07-13-2005, 09:39 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Does anyone know the best place for price for this model? Hard to find ...
Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM
skyheli

Well the blades have a little flex. But nothing compared to with or without strapping tape. I got the CF from the hobbytown USA. I had thought about it for a while how to put the carbon strip on. I chose to put it on top due to it would flex and push it back down.

I took of the tape that was on the blade off. I used " foam safe " glue to join the strips to the blades. Then I covered the blades with tape. did the balancing thing and put the blades on. I have good flights with the blades.

I will soon have the CF swash and the frame. I will try it then. I also going to try with the CF strip on the bottom and see how that works

Old 07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
nitroracer20

I flew this heli yesterday in a 3.5 foot wide aisle(ile idk w/e lol) at work(loving working at the hobby shop)and I have never flown for real other than on the sim. Easy
Bump for a great heli
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 PM
pat2982

Hello
I just bought the hirobo xrb sky robo. I have absolutely no experience. When I tried to fly it it starts turning to the right on the floor and then it keeps doing it while hovering. I tried messing with the trim controls on the transmitter, but nothing different happened. What should I do? Please help!!!

Pat
Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 PM
jaardesign

You need to adjust your pitch angle adjustment screws. youll need to turn them to the right if your heli turns to the right. Its on page 21 of your manual.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 PM
RockoF613

I've had the XRB for about a week and it's absolutely fantastic! Thanks for all of the info. Me week's worth of flying got me a bit cocky and I slammed it into my entertainment center breaking off the tail truss. I have a new one on the way and have a question. Has anyone taken off or installed the dummy engine? Inside it looks like 2 tiny screws but would seem impossible to get a hand in there to unscrew. Does it just pop on/off? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:31 PM
jaardesign

Rocko, the engin just pops off. its on with glue and there are two plastic pieces sticking off the dummy engine that go into two holes on the heli. mine came off in a crash. The XRB is alot of fun.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
RockoF613

jaar -

Thanks for the info. Mine was glues pretty tight and the knobs popped of the engine. Looks like I'll just glue it on a new truss. Going through withdrawal...
Old 07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
nitroracer20

this heli is so slow on the sticks compared to my t-rex. I loved the heli...really improved my orientation, just a bit scary when I started flying my t-rex aftery flying the lama.
Love the heli though
Old 10-22-2005, 12:05 PM
rightflyer

I was wanting another battery pack for mine, but think the Hirobo price is a litle steep. Anyone using a Etec or Thunder Power?
Old 10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
bdavison

WOW...some one dug really deep for this thread.

Yes you can use other lipos. But you will need an adapter for them.

Search back at the beginning of this thread. I know there was a guy that made and sold the adapters. Cant remember his name though. He had a link that had a website he sold them off of.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
JCDHeli

Hi everyone I am new to RC helicopter. I have the XRB with the tethered line. I bought it 2 days before hurricane Wilma hit miami. Well I have power now I tried to fly it but it will turn to the left (yaw) before it even gets of the gound. I have tried everything on this post and on the maunal. The gyro is not broken it works. The only thing I noticed was that both pinion gears on the motor are cracked from top to bottom and the motor on the bottom the grear moves towards the plastic frame thus only a tiny peice is making contact with the main grear. I beleive this is the problem Please Advise.

For all new pilots go to thus link to set up the Lama XRB
http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0301-904/04300.htm
http://model.hirobo.co.jp/products/0.../troubleQA.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.