Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 The big BANG Honey Bee FP >

The big BANG Honey Bee FP

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

The big BANG Honey Bee FP

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The big BANG Honey Bee FP

Well I was getting a little freaked out in my garage learning to hover. I was scared the thing would hit the ceiling so I was on and off the power. Ok Ill try this baby outside with no wind. Well from playing with it in my garage, it seemed that if you didnt apply alot of power all it did was slide then take off. So out at the park I hit the juice and WOW it just takes off going away from me climbing out. My friend was saying how stable it was but I was out of control. I managed to somehow get it back but it was coming down hard at an angle and when it hit it wiped out the swash plate and everything around the shaft. About 30bucks damage. It also broke the mount for the 4-1 box. Im throwing some epoxy on that if I buy a new chassis I have to rebuild the whole heli. So the big question is ..even in the garage it wants to track away from me when I tap it back sometimes its to much sometimes it doesnt seem like it does anything. I think Ill stick to the garage if I can get it off the floor sooner without all the drift. Any help would be great....Thanks...I ordered spares this time.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The big BANG Honey Bee FP

Well, practice makes perfect.

I would suggest you locate a gymnasium to practice in. This way you will have plenty of space, and wont have to deal with the wind.

Here's what to do.
If you dont have training gear, I would suggest getting some. They will help protect the heli.

Start off by slowly running up the throttle until the heli gets light on the skids. Its going to slide around....that's ok. Just try to keep it in one spot, and keep the tail facing you. Your probably wondering why. Well....your learning how to fly. This practice will teach you how much you need to move the sticks to get it to move. Keep doing this until you get to where you can hold it in one spot. Try to keep it in a 3ft x 3ft "box", then start tightening it down to a 2ft x 2ft box.

Once you get good at this. Then your ready to try flying.

Slowly increase the throttle till it gets light on the skids. Then bump it till it gets airborne. Remember to pull off a little bit of throttle once it lifts off so it doesnt keep going up. You want to keep it about waist level at first. You will have to keep moving the throttle to maintain altitude. This is normal. The more stable you keep the heli, the less you will have to move the throttle around to maintain altitude. Everytime the heli moves, it affects its thrust. Practice keeping it in one spot. Just hover. Dont try flying around yet. Keep working on it until you can keep it hovering in the 2ft x 2ft box.

Now your ready to try other things....but not flying around yet. Now turn the heli to the right, and practice hovering it with it facing right. Then do it left. Then try nose-in. If it gets out of control. Turn the tail facing you, and start over. Once you learn all this, then use forward cyclic to fly a box. Try a circle. Try a figure 8.

It takes a while to learn all this. Be patient and learn each part well. If you dont have something down yet, dont try the next step until you do.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:25 PM

I have some traing gear but for the life of me I cant figure out how to put them on. they give you the one round piece that the legs go in with a center hole...but it sits under the main shaft, no place to mount and then 3 brackets that look like they snap to the skids but even with that I cant figure it out.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Use rubber bands to attach the training gear to your skids.
The problem with flying in small spaces (such as your garage) is that the air is turbulant within seconds of you starting your heli... flying outside is different and in most cases, on a no-wind day, more stable. Plus you have more room to practice
Old 06-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Still dont see how to get the rubber bands to hold good. This has a round pice of plastic where the legs withe the balls go into. Should I just lie the whole unit flat across the skids then rubber band them?
Old 06-14-2005, 06:02 PM
My Feedback: (2)

are you sure its not 4 pieces instead of 3?

do they have a slit in the middle of them and then are corved on one side?

if they are the ones im thinking about you have to put them right where the skid leg comes down you slide the cupped side that has the slit in it over one of the 4 legs of the heli then slide it down and snap the cupped side of it onto the main skid, do this to all 4 legs and then feed the training gear rod through the holes in these clamps one at a time and connect them to the round piece underneath the main shaft, once all 4 are put on the center piece wont move anymore.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM

Only 3 cupped pieces they may have shorted me 1 piece Ill give it a shot...Thanks
Old 06-14-2005, 08:22 PM
My Feedback: (2)

you can still do it with 3 i guess just use a rubber band on the 4th training gear shaft.