Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Eflite Blade CX Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Eflite Blade CX Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:19 AM
indyrcpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite Blade CX Problem

I was able to pick up one of the first Blade CX helos that arrived at our LHS. I had flown a Piccolo previously, but was intrigued by the coax drive of the CX. The Blade CX turned out to be very stable, and by the 2nd flight I was flying through the house, landing on kitchen counters, etc. - with no crashes.

The 3rd and 4th flights were outside, on a calm day. It was even more fun outside, until it just tumbled out of the sky on the 4th flight. It was flying along just fine, then just started tumbling out of control. I wasn't sure what happened, but just attributed it to a radio hit. It only broke one of the upper blades and a skid.

I've replaced the broken blades/skid, but there is still something definitely wrong with it. It seems to be fine until it's about to lift off, then it starts gyrating and if I don't reduce power it will flip it over on its side.

Anyone have any idea what might be my problem? Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks!
Chuck
Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
norvelnut

Default RE: Eflite Blade CX Problem

Check if both sets of rotors are actually working--if not ,it will do just that! Perhaps the gear has come loose on one rotor.

Bill
Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Corwin38
My Feedback: (2)

Did the flybar pop off? Mine did and I was having these problems until I figured out that it had to be mounted in front of the leading edge of the upper blades.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM
indyrcpilot

Thanks for the suggestion to check the stabilizer bar. when I replaced the inner shaft, the stabilizer bar got put back on with the weights behind the trailing edge of the upper blades. I repositioned it such that the weights are now in front of the leading edges of the upper blades and it's doing much better now.

I still don't know what happened to it on flight #4 (outside) though...

Chuck