Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

awsome upgrade for any 400 size heli!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

awsome upgrade for any 400 size heli!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:50 PM
jeepson33s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default awsome upgrade for any 400 size heli!!!!!!!

well i have a trex and i was about to just let the trex forum know about this but its worked so well that i want everyone to know about this. i have been having problems with my rudder servo linkage rod being too flimsy and bending in flight due to the gyro being pretty fast. well i went to my lhs and looked at metal rods and they were either too heavy or still too flimsy. i went to the CF rod section and found a rod (.070) and a tube to fit tight around it. i also picked up some brass threaded fittings and some joints with the brass things on the inside that were pretty sturdy (i think they use them for planes). i got some CA glue for the brass threaded fittings and some 5 minunte epoxy for the tube. i got a Q-Tip and spread the epoxy around the rod and put the tube in place. waited about 15 min and every thing was dry. the next thing i did was put the brass threaded fittings on with the ca and put the black joints on and voala, 2 very strong and rigid boom supports and one extremly strong rear servo linkage rod. i hope you guys use this and are happy with the results as i was and please feel free to ask me any questions. here are some pics for you to reference to. oh yeah one more thing on the rudder linkage, pop the brass ball fitting out of the black connector and it will fit perfectly into the ball joint on the rudder
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91287.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	420910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69328.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	420911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39793.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	420912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98097.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	420913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm73965.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	420914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lb46591.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	420915  
Old 03-05-2006, 10:19 PM
jeepson33s

Default RE: awsome upgrade for any 400 size heli!!!!!!!

i also wanted to know if anyone has done this before?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I use a (similar) system on my eco-8. Hollow CF rod with metal threaded inserts CA'ed in and then ball links put on them. Works great and has 0 flex. This is the first time i've seen this same system used on a micro heli though, so kudos . Didn't know they made hollow CF that small.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:12 PM
maxim_jd

I've been using it on my T-Rex ever since breaking two of the darn little rod guides... I had some CF tube I had ordered from Central Hobbies left over from a previous project. Been using it almost since I built the heli and it works great - no flex in the system and positive control.

Just my .02.

J