Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 06:52 PM
padrecraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

axcpman17 - Yes, you can change out receivers. But you need one that is compatible with the stock transmitter. I'd e-mail Chris at CCE Creations. He is the US distributor for the HeliPro BlackHawk 450EP. He can tell you the brands of radio receivers that will work with your radio. He also probably stocks the Great Mountain receiver that comes stock with the BH450EP. You can reach Chris through his web site at www.discountrchelicopter.com He's very knowledgeable and an all-around good guy. And he tries hard to provide responsive and efficient service. I have no connection with CCE Creation - just a happy customer. Again, I've had no complaints with the stock electronics that come with the BH450EP. They might not carry the same brand recognition as Futaba, JR or Spektrum, but they sure seem to be decent products. And I'd bet even the big name brands have a dud receiver returned every now and again. Don't assume that because you may have gotten a malfunctioning receiver that the rest of the heli is crap. As I advised in my earlier posting, have confidence in your equipment. Others, even beyond this list, are successful flying BH450EP's. Peace - Craig +
Old 06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
axecpman17

i have been flying for a while, i like the heli im just freaking out cause i have not had to good of luck with ccecreations, chris is a nice guy but this is the third heli from him, does anyone no what kind of reciever will work with my 450?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
retired911guy

Padre, I'm right with you on the TRex CF blades. I bought a pair of 325 mm CF blades and had to file them down to fit in the blade holders. If the Walkera 36 blades work, go for it. The BH450 stock blades are balsa, as I quickly learned. Maybe I will try the 36 blades next go 'round, as there surely will be one. And BTW, CF blades are far from indestructible. I know from experience....

axecpman17, I am sure that there are other radios that will work with your transmitter, but it is better, I believe, to use the same brand of transmitter as receiver. That way, you KNOW there are no compatability problems or proprietary algorithms to fight with. Walkera, I believe, uses a proprietary radio system that will not work with other brands. There are some transmitters that will work with many different radios (they're programmable) but your JFT602 may not be able to "talk" correctly to another brand of receiver. You can alway$ $pend some buck$ and buy a matched pair (transmitter and receiver, 6 Ch., of course). Good luck with whatever you do, and keep on flyin'!! Just be glad we're standing outside looking up rather than inside looking down!
Old 06-16-2007, 03:14 PM
axecpman17

hey is it true that alot of trex parts fit the black hawk, i finally got my heli to work, i replaced the reciever with my axe cp reciever i couldent belive that it actually worked with my radio but it does.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 PM
padrecraig

axe - Congrats! Now go out are fly that puppy! Peace - Craig +

Hey - Any one heard from our friend out in the Sierras - Timeflyer? Got your ears on, good buddy?
Old 06-17-2007, 06:25 AM
tzeming

hi , I put the metal head ( the whole lot ) from BH 500 to the BH 450, I have to retune the whole thing. Since BH500 is slightly big heli , the flybar is longer. I will see how it performs. and let you know...

the metal head design for BH 500 is seem to be better than the one in BH450, it gives you a more solid feel.

here are a few photos.

Hi Axecpman , good to hear that you are back to flying again.

It is really great that members of this forum support each other....

I have fun with this hobby , I spend more time on fixing the bird than flying it. Learning and fixing it are part of the fun. I also spend a lot of time training myself on flight sim especially after crash. ( I use RealFlight G3.5 ) . it is also enjoyable to share with others as well. I may have spend a bit money on it, but it is quite rewarding.

I am hoping to use this relatively cheap but good quality heli to learn to fly for two to three years and then advance to something bigger, like logo 600 or Trex 600.
by then I hope the price of electric heli and Lipo battery will come down.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63628.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	705567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90528.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	705568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53980.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	705569  
Old 06-17-2007, 06:31 AM
tzeming

Hi 911guy, the time in Sydney is now 9:30PM 17/June/07 , very windy and a lot of rain , thanks God, we eventually get a bit water from the sky.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
axecpman17

so i just got down flying my blackhawk i would have to say it was a great flight, it was basically my first official flight today because the first flight the receiver went out so it fell from the sky. so i replaced the blade grips wit the trex grips, but i had to replaace the rod that holds the blade grips to, so i answered my own question, with a little tweaking the trex part will fit the black hawk.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
tzeming

I really don't understand how this happen, it was a minor crash during tuning the servo links , 5cm off the ground and it went side way. I throught no big deal....but look at this..[&:]

looks like I have put the 500 head back to the 500, and get my hand wet with nitro again.

Name:	Us53660.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	706763  
Old 06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
arthure

Hey all,

Glad to see there are people out there still flying the BH. I have been grounded by the wife and honey do lists. Time to get back on the sticks. I wanted to second Craigs comment that as a beginning pilot the stock radio on my BH500 was great. I did change it out to a 2.4 gig Futaba but just because I fly alot at home and didn't want to be shot down. It takes a bit to reset the bird up but it really doesn't fly any different if you set it up to the same settings as the stock radio. That being said I added more neg pitch to start adjusting my head and fingers to the transmitter which will eventually be at -9 0 +9. I had to set it up once and can change the pitch limits in the programming at any time. There is some advantages over the stock setup but not enough to change a beginner pleasure of flying this nicely designed Heli.

As I menationed I have a 500 and as far as seeing it and feeling it is not going to get away from me I'd take this size over a Trex 450, for parts replacement at the local hooby shop it is still hit and miss with the Trex because there are soooo many variants. Just my two bits.

Great to read from you all. I really enjoy this thread Thanks all!

Arthur
Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
arthure

TZ,

Soory to see the motor but that mod was cool!

Arthur
Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
keat01

Hi guys,

I m new to this forum. I have one blackhawk 450 a few months ago, i just don't have too much time to get it on air.
The heli has problem to hold the tail, i was spending very much time to fine tune the gyro and rudder setup, now it can hold a little bit better, but still it will drift.
I would like to change my stock gyro (Colco gy400), any good recommendation for low budget??
Can i know what gyro you guys are using, does it hold well??

Thanks
keat
Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
tzeming

Welcome Keat.

I am using a GY401 gyro which is reasonable OK, and I am happy with it.
The hobby shop people told me that the JR 410 is also good and a bit cheaper.
I am sure there are a lot of budget gyro out there which will work OK as well. some members in the forum use the original gyro that came with their 450 package and my impression that they are happy with it. but sorry I can't remember the brand name of that. so hopefully others in this forum may let you know.

there is a link from Finless at Helifreak forum that you may find useful about the tail wag problem. I believe you have to join to watch the video.

http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=40458

Also I think you may check your tail servo / Radio setting before buying a new gyro. your problem may not be in the gyro.
I used to have a few good web link about how to setup tail....but now I can't find them anymore , I should have save in my favorites [&o]

any way Have fun...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:39 PM
retired911guy

keat01, Welcome to the forum. There is a tremendous amount of information in this thread; just go back and read the previous posts and you will learn a lot, both from mistakes made and doing things correctly. Timeflyer had outstaning success with the Telebee gyro and posted his comments several pages back. Check the gain on the gyro, you can use too much or too little. Too little usually causes drift and too much causes excessive "tail wagging". Good luck and welcome to the "club" I never met a helicopter pilot I didn't like"!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
mikek0416

I have personally worked with the manufacturer and we upgraded the gyro and radio system. The radio is actually quite nice. Check it out and please read my review at
www.ka-planes.com
Thank you,
Mike
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Helihap

cool. Time to restart this page or start another Mike. I think a support page would be good.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:50 AM
TomOver

Ditto on that. Could use some more support. I have a new BH450 but we could do both the 450 and 500 thread together for now
Old 08-25-2007, 07:52 AM
TomOver

ok there are few folks on rcgroups mini helis chatting about the black hawk from ka-planes.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Helihap

Yes that is where I go sometimes to post and to see if anything is going on. I think the 500 is coming alive but I prefer my BH 450SE.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:35 AM
tzeming

have any one convert a BH500GP to electric before ?

beside the original motor ( which is very diffcult to buy on itself ) , what motor and pinion would you use..

I am thinking using neu 1107/2Y ,I believe its kv, power output are ok for 500, but it won't fit in the Blackhawk motor mount ( which provide either 25mm or 20mm dia ) , 1107/2y has 16mm mounting diameter . 1512/2y is bit too power ( and expensive ) , but it fit.

any other suggestion ?

by the way , if you have a broken wood blade, don't just put it in the bin, take some out which is very useful. it is almost perfect for the job. see the picture.

Name:	Jh15514.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	749813  
Old 08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
wulfcomp

Parts? Ok, so on my first flight, I had a rough landing, and broke off the landing skids. But I can't find a site that has a replacement chassis set. Does anyone have one they would sell? or know where I could get one? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:48 PM
retired911guy

Landing gear (skid) supports are $4.99 pair at discountrchelicopter.com and look for Blackhawk parts down on the lower left of the main page. If that's all that suffered damage, you're doing great. I love my 450SE but every time I fly her, I break her. It hurts my pride, and my pocketbook. Such is the life of a RC helicopter pilot. I will get used to it.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
wulfcomp

NO, the skid supports are ok, its the part they mount to. Its call the Chassis set Part # HP03-P003 according to the owners manual. I broke that and bent the spindle shaft, I tried to straighten it, but I think it would be best to just replace it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
mikek0416

The chassis set is only a couple of bucks and can get you one pronto from one of my helis while my order is processed since it will take about a week to get my stock of those in.
email [email protected] and let us know
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 AM
tzeming

Hi MikeK

I follow the url link where you sell the BH450. I notice in web page that there are two photos that looks a BH 500EP , instead of 450.

would you kindly tell me the number of Teeth in the main of a BH500 EP ? I know the GP and EP has a different main gear, the number of Teeth of the main in GP is 98.
I am trying to convert GP to EP .

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.