Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:37 AM
padrecraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hope y'all are having better luck getting spare parts than what I'm experiencing. After a two week wait, I received my shipment from Hong Kong via RVMShop.com, only to find that the main gear sets are backordered. The batteries I got are nice, but without the main gear I remain grounded. The Black Hawk 450 Pro may be a great heli, but until HeliPro gets spare parts to their distributors, no one is ever going to find out how good (or bad) this bird maybe. My e-mails to Discountrchelicopter.com (aka CCE Creation) continue to be left unanswered. Sorry if I sound frustrated, but Iam. Peace - Craig +
Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 AM
2Thirty

I have ordered twice from BP Hobbies on a Tuesday and received both the following Saturday. I ordered from XHeli.com and received the items within five days.
I was ordering various parts for my Blackhawk 500, which uses the same parts as the BP Xplorer 364 CCPM. I would like to buy some of the aluminum parts, but they don't seem to be in stock.
Waiting for a main shaft, should be here Friday or Saturday. I bought 2. Well, 2 of most things I ordered. You kind of kick yourself if you don't buy 2 of those parts you know you will need later.

I was going to give it a try on Saturday, but as I was checking everything, the main shaft had a slight wobble to it. I took it out and rolled it on a flat surface, and it did have a slight bend.
I thought I might as well wait until everything is right on it before trying to fly it. Poor thing needs every thing going for it with me at the controls.

Jim
Old 03-15-2007, 05:19 AM
KidNovak

Well I still haven't flown my Black Hawk 450 Pro, actually it’s still in the box. I just haven’t had the time to work on the Heli, also it’s been cool and windy here lately. Within the next couple of weeks I should have plenty of time to get the Hawk in the air.

Even though the BH450 is still in the box I did order parts from RVMShop.com in Hong Kong. It’s been almost two weeks so I should be receiving my shipment soon. I ordered a couple of Main gear sets so I expect those to be backordered too.

I also tried to order parts through Discountrchelicopter.com (aka CCE Creation) where I purchased my Heli. Forget it, they don’t answer e-mails. The web site should get pulled for false advertising, saying they have parts for the Heli’s they sell. Discountrchelicopter.com sure did answer e-mails when I asked questions about purchasing my Black Hawk 450 Pro.

A couple of times I thought about putting my BH450 on eBay because getting parts might be a problem, but the Heli is to nice to sell and IMO way worth the price I paid, so I’ll keep it.

I’ve read some where that maybe some of Walkera 60 and Dragonus II Pro parts might fit the BH450, like the Main gear set with slight modifications.

I’ll let you know how everything goes.

Novak
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45761.gif
Views:	11
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	642512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82560.gif
Views:	13
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	642513  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 AM
tzeming

last year when I was doing research on what heli to buy, I noticed this blackhawk on a web site of a hobby shop in South Australia and understood from them that blackhawk is made in China by Helipro. I then did a search on the web and found this http://www.helipro-rc.com/contact.asp , who made the blackhawk. I then rang Andy in China asking him some info about the heli ( using my rusty Mandarin ) and Andy is the boss and doesn't normally talk to end user, so he told me to find George on http://rvminc.net in HK who is the main distributor for helipro worldwide. Last Christmas I went back to HK and visited their store and have seem a lot of spare parts in their shop, so I wasn't worry about spare parts because at least I can get it from their online shop ( rvmshop.com ). and eventually bought the 500 and 450, ( stupid me that I didn't buy any at the time, now I have to wait for two weeks and paid US$14 for delivery ). Gary in their shop is the technical guy and he is quite good helping me to get some info like the mannal for the ESC.

I also notice there is another site :
http://www.5imx.com/shop/5imx-produc...roductSort=345

not sure who is copying who in China, you'll never know.

the blackhawk from RVMshop is a bit different from 5imx , the fin and tthe ail are different , the main frame material is bit different ...

Blackhawk selling in US and Australia is , I believe , from Helipro via RVMshop .
Old 03-15-2007, 07:50 AM
2Thirty

I also bought my BH500 from Discounthelicopters.com on ebay. I think it was the best helio for the money at the time, and am still happy with it. The problems I'm having are from my inexperience. I do find that replacing parts has given me a better understanding of how it works. The one thing I am still looking for is the instructions for the 40A ESC that came with it. I think it is a BA40. If anyone can share any info on it, I would really appreciate it.

I have only been able to hover the 500 a couple of times. Those were great. Unfortunately, one time in my garage, I accidentally tried to use the rotors to drill a hole in the ceiling. (Got to remember to NOT turn the transmitter OFF before powering down the helio.

I like the size and power of the 500, and haven't seen anything in the price range that I would have rather bought.

Envy you going to HK to the source. I would have had a difficult time not buying bags of spare parts.

If all goes well, I will have my new main shaft installed and ready by Saturday.

The down time has given me a chance to get some time on the computer simulator. Glad I tried that program.
My wife thought it was too funny that for the first day I used it I couldn't do anything but crash..... yea... real funny..... hey honey... have you gained a few pounds? : )

Jim
Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 AM
rcjetflyer
My Feedback: (2)

took the heli out ot the field for some flights around, only got 1 flight in as on the second start I noticed the hex starter nut was missing. So could start the motor.

tzeming, I wonder if my heli is like yours., looking at some pictures there seem to be several different setups for a heli call the Blackhawk. Both the elec and glow heli have are the same, black side frames and the servos all mount level in the frames??

I ordered some parts today, an let me give you some advice I learned over the years about parts for helis. Order all the parts you can because you will never break a part that you have is stock. Maybe I should ordered a comploete heli? My gyro is supposed to be in tommorrow so maybe I can play with the electric. NO DARN HEX SCREW TO LOSE!!!
Happy flying, as they say "if you ain't flying you ain't trying"
Old 03-16-2007, 12:27 AM
tzeming

I post and attached something here that I have regret and hence I deleted it.
It was large huntsman ( at least 12cm wide ) in my house.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:48 AM
padrecraig

Morning all - I FINALLY received an answeer to my e-mails to Chris @ CCE Creations:

"Hi Craig, thanks for checking in. We finally have all the parts in stock,
it will take me a few days to get everything uploaded but we have them
available.
Main gear part #HP450-P001 $7.99
Until everything is uploaded, I can send you an invoice if you let me know
what you would like.
Thanks again for your patience,

Chris Grieger

President
CCE Creations
Brooklyn Park, MN
[email protected]
www.DiscountRCHelicopter.com"

Just thought I'd passed along what I hope is an answer to my prayers - parts!

Peace - Craig +
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
ELE KIKI

ORIGINAL: KidNovak

I'm thinking about getting the Black Hawk 450 or 450SE, also looking at the Falcon 3D.

What's holding me back are Parts and Upgrades for the 450's.

My question is, will T-Rex parts and upgrades fit the Black Hawk Heli's?

I read a lot of very good reviews on the Falcon 3D. How is the Black Hawk?

Thank you,
Novak
I am new here and am very excited when I was read this thread.
If you want let the T-Rex parts and upgrades fit the Black Hawk Heli , Must carry on the whole re-equipping, like install the entire main rotor blade on black hawk.

http://www.elemodel.com/shop/html/index.html

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
retired911guy

Hey, guys! Let me tell you what happened today. rcjetflyer (Bailey) drove up to Hurdle Mills today from Ft. Mill, SC (over 175 miles!) just to help me sort out my Black Hawk. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny with a little wind. He got out of his car, with his faithful Schnauzer companion Albert and got right to checking out my Black Hawk. He checked out the gyro and it was OK. I was apparently coming on the power too fast, which was making it spin as the rotor blades were spinning up. Then he checked out the pitch with a pitch gauge and found that I had still had 4 to 5 degrees of pitch at its lowest setting (without making any adjustments on the transmitter). We turned the PIT and PLT back to full negative and ended up with about 1 degree, which as tolerable without adjusting any linkages. This was also making it difficult for me to control because the rotors did not have enough speed up before it lifted off due to the amount of pitch. Cutting back on the pitch made it more stable. Then he took it out to the driveway and fired it up and got it into a nice hover. It really made me feel good to see MY helicopter flying like it should. He turned it over to me and I am sorry to report, I did not have as good a result. I got it into to air OK but a good, stable hover eluded me. I flew it around a while with Bailey coaching me and I think I improved somewhat. The best news is there was no damage. We lived to fly another day. My confidence has improved and I now think I can really do this. I have to mention that Bailey brought his 500 Black Hawk and flew it for me. Nothing fancy, mind you, but he exquisitely demonstrated he was in complete control and the heli did just what he wanted it to do. I was suitably impressed. You should have seen his transmitter; it was awesome. It was not a new one, but it was programmable and could be set it for many different aircraft and you can change the flight control parameters for each different aircraft or helicopter. It was the most versatile transmitter I have ever seen.
Anyway, all good things must come to an end and Bailey had to leave and drive back down south. I told him in an email that it is so seldom that I get to spend any time with a friend and with someone who shares the same interests.
I learned a lot from him in a very short amount of time. I highly recommend that anyone starting out find someone with a good amount of experience to help you get started and on the right track. It can make the difference between success and failure. Granted the success may not be immediate, but success is still success whether it is a month from now or 6 months down the road.
Thank you, Bailey, for helping me out and taking the time and money to drive up here out of the goodness of your heart. It means a lot to me.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
retired911guy

DiscountRC Helicpter.com now has parts for the Black Hawk 450 and are getting more in as time goes on. The prices seem reasonable and I assume the shipping would be also. I have a few TRex 450 parts on mine now and many of the rotor system parts are the same. Check it out!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Timeflyer1
My Feedback: (5)

Hello everyone, I just purchased the Blackhawk 450 from Chris and I am really excited to fly this thing. It looks so great. Does anyone know what the default Throttle/pitch curve values are for this Radio JFT602. Just curious if anyone has been able to find out this info.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
retired911guy

Just a suggestion, as I encountered the same thing just the other day with the help of rcjetflyer, turn both knobs to full minus position. We checked mine with a pitch gauge and even at full minus position, I still had one degree of positive pitch on the gauge. Get a pitch gauge and check yours before you try and fly it. It will make it much more controllable if you don't have a lot of positive pitch on board when first starting out. It allows the rotors to spin up to speed before it starts to lift off, which makes it more stable and controllable; the tail rotor will have more effect with the increased rotor speed. Thank you, Bailey. See, I learned all kinds of stuff from you!!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
arthure

YEE HA!

I received my RTF 500 EP yesterday from http://www.disountrchelicopters.com and it couldn't have been easier to set up. (This is my first CP heli since the early 90s when I gave up trying to learn and getting parts shipped to me oversea. Back then the parts made mistakes prohibitive. Mine you I was using a airplane radio and manual mixing but the problem was tail strikes and the high cost of repairs in those days.) I learned this time on a Sabre FP.

I know I could have gotten a Trex combo for about the same price but I am looking at having a EP and an GP someday and one batch of spares.

Anyhow, This is a very solid heli with great response. I was able to set up the trims easy enough and hovering a pack is not a problem at this point. I have not progress beyond hovering and slight nose out left and right swings but the heli is fantastic. The motor has prlenty of power for basic light even with the idle up. It sing like a get up when you hit the idle up.

My combo came with a 1800mah pack which is not enough for sustained fun but it certainly last long enough for a solid hover. If the clock in my garage worked I'd know how long it lasts in a constant hover. Although I have only put three pack through it after the trimming I love it. I would like a better heading hold gyro installed so I could concentrate on one stick at a time but I think it would make a great learning copter and then I'll know the way it flys when I get the mico gas 500 GP.

I'd like to see more people out there try some other copter and get the world off the two copter hangup of the Trex and Mini Raptor. This heli is build from quality parts and is a solid and predictabe flyer.

(I must admit that haedspeed sound is intimidating at for when you come from a Sabre FP Heli . )

Wish me luck. 4 packs no parts

Arthur
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 PM
arthure

The same ESC manual is available in PDF format here:

http://www.fronthobbyrc.com/image1/s...l%20_V1.1_.pdf

I have not verified the controller in my 500 to be the same, but tonight if I remember I'll check.

Arthur
Old 03-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Timeflyer1

retired911guy, thank you for the info regarding the adjustment knobs. Both made a difference in fine tuning this 450. I'm sure glad I put this heli on my make shift work stand, because one can not just go out and assume this heli is ready to fly. I had to learn how to initialize the radio and heli together, each time you turn the system on. The manual is clear, however, you must always put the trim functions back to the center point each time you fire this baby up, because it has an auto calibrate function. Then once the gyro light stops blinking you can then place all the trim functions back to your marked settings. Can't wait to get this in the air. Tomorrow I have to buy training gear for the first few weeks until I feel comfortable with the controls. I'm also getting heavier fly bar weights to stablize the heli. Will let you know how the first maiden flight goes. However, it won't happen until maybe Thursday or Friday.

Cheers
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 AM
2Thirty

Ok guys, how about a little help for a beginner.
After a couple of mishaps with my Blackhawk 500, I have new parts, with everything appearing to work right.

I bought a Spektrum DX6 transmitter/receiver/servo set, and installed it in my BH500.
Went through setting everything up, read a number of DX6 setups on the internet.
Have everything looking good.

I disconnect the motor, and everything works as it should.
The swash plate moves up and down as I increase and decrease the left stick.
Blades increase and decrease pitch as swash plate moves up and down.

Yesterday I was ready to fly this bird, having spent some time over the last two weeks practicing with a simulator program.
Took it out in the field, connected the battery, applied throttle, and she just sat there.
The rotors had plenty of power, but looking closely at the swash plate, it wasn't moving up or down no matter how much throttle I applied.

I powered everything down, returned to my garage, disconnected the motor, and tested the control functions again.
As I applied throttle, the swash plate would move up and down, applying increased or decreased pitch to the rotors as it should.

So, what have I missed?

As I was leaving the garage, I thought I could hear a faint trace of laughter. I think she was laughing at me.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-27-2007, 01:14 AM
tzeming

Hi, I am no expert. so I ask silly questions.

have you check the blade direction ? ( ie. is the head side of the blade facing the direction of blade rotation )
Old 03-27-2007, 07:57 AM
retired911guy

Hello, 2Thirty. I am no expert like some of the other guys on the forum, but I think there are a couple of things you can check. I am not familiar with your transmitter, but you need to check your reversing switches if there are any. If the elevator switch is reversed, the more power you apply, the less the positive pitch should be. Hmmm. You said basically, with the motor running, the servos don't move. That sounds more like a receiver or ESC issue. There is a downloadable manual for a/the ESC several posts above. I have not read it but it worth checking out. Check and make sure the servos are plugged into the correct channel. This is a real puzzler. How big is your battery? If you have a lower capacity battery, the motor may be sucking so much power, there might not be enough to run the servos? Also, check your trim knobs on the transmitter. Try the midrange setting. I am beginning to feel like a dummy. I wish I knew more and could accurately diagnose your problem. I hope this at least gives you some ideas on how to resolve the problem. You might even try "bumping" the idle up switch momentarily once you get the power up to about 50% or so and see if it tries to lift off. The answer is probably so simple we will both feel like dummies when you figure it out. Good luck and I probably should have kept my mouth/keyboard shut. Oh, what the heck![sm=72_72.gif][sm=red_smile.gif]
Old 03-28-2007, 12:25 AM
2Thirty

Busy day, didn't get home until 10 pm. Too late to experiment.
Thanks for the suggestions.
The rotors turn clockwise and are mounted correctly.
The battery is 2200 ma fully charged.
I will go through the ESC setup tomorrow, and double check the servo channels.

I appreciate the comments, as this is all new to me, and I am determined to get this thing in the air... and learn to fly it.
It just didn't make any sense that without the motor turning everything appears to work as it should.
Tomorrow I'm going to remove the rotors and see if it does the same thing while powering just the flybar.

I'm sure that soon one of my posts will start with.... "man, do I feel stupid..."
Well, it won't be the first time.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-28-2007, 10:15 PM
tzeming

good luck Jim

I will print your statment with Large font " I am determined to get this thing in the air" and post it on my heli workbench

My spare parts from RVMShop.com has not arrived yet, after almost one month. something seriously wrong with their delivery process. I am trying to get an explaination from them.

the reason why I asked the silly question was that, a while ago I went to hobby shop for browsing, there was another customer who took his heli back to the shop and said that he crashed and he replaced the rotor blade and it wasn't flying again even the rotor blade start turning. Everything seems normal. The hobby shop owner had a quick one second look at the heli and turned around asking me, : what's wrong with it " I suggest him a few complicated answas (of course , none of them correct ) , the owner put a smile on his face and said to the trouble customer : you put the rotor blade in the wrong way. This confirms that I am in the beginner club.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
2Thirty

If one could skip the beginners club, one would miss an element of excitement that comes from learning something new.
Every phase of a hobby or interest has certain rewards.

Let me turn the philosophy switch off.... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

I removed the rotors this evening, and powered up.
With the rotors removed, the swash plate raised and lowered at around the last 20% of the throttle stick travel.
With the motor disconnected, the travel begins around after around 40% throttle stick travel.

I am going through the DX6 manual, and searching the internet, to find a similar helio using the DX6. A number of people have posted DX6 settings.

Never been very good at giving up.....

Jim
Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
retired911guy

Hey, guys! Anything going on out there? It is strangely quiet. Everyone must be out mowing the grass like I have.....
Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Timeflyer1

Hi retired911, it sure has been quiet on this forum. I have been fine tuning my 450 by doing hovering in my garage. Its hovering pretty well, however, the other day I was hovering about 1-2 feet off the floor and all of a sudden my heli starts spinning round and round by itself. I was able to land it with out crashing. I didn't do anything to initiate the spin. I am trying to get comfortable with the controls and make sure this heli is predictable. Not sure what caused this, but it worries me if it continues to happen again. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, or not, what would have caused it.

thanks,

J
Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM
2Thirty

Saturday I took my BH500 for a test hover. I was able to hover around 2 feet, but she wanted to turn counter clockwise while in the air.
I am going to have to work with the gyro a little before getting the nerve to have her travel.

The problem I was having with the rotors showing normal pitch with the motor disconnected, but having none with the motor turning wound up being.....
and the answer is......

Friday night, I was puttering in the garage. I was working on something else, but always returning to the helicopter.
I notices the washout fixing set, (that's what it's called in the parts manual), was a little loose.
I had replaced it, and hadn't checked the two posts that fit in to the washout base grooves. One was unscrewed about half way, the other about a third.
I checked the original, and saw they were tight. I tighten them both.
Strapped the bird to the work bench, and tested it with the motor connected.

Throttle up gave positive pitch while the rotors spun, throttle down brought the pitch into the negative position.
Happy me.....

Saturday I did the hover. Happy me....
The forecast for the next week in Knoxville is wet , windy and cold.
Probably be after this weekend until I can try again. That should give me some time for more simulator practace and adjusting.

Thanks for the support. Sometimes you look at a problem so long you miss the obvious.

Happy me,
Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.