Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Bones27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

O.K., anybody no why they keep changing the number of post per page? This is really messing up my page of notes I keep by my computer so I can refer back to certain post when people ask for information. This is the second time the number of post per page has changed sense I joined this board. I hope they never change the post numbers or I will be screwed.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
jrobinson105

Hi Bones,

I can't answer that, but I do wish they would change the board to track by subject instead of having one gigantic thread for everything.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
USHobbySupply

Another way to keep track of posts is to use bookmarks based on the postid.

To find this out, use the POST#: xxxx in the lower right corner of every post. Another window pops up and present a URL that is based on the postid. So no matter how many posts per page, the postid will always take you right to it.

Michael
Old 10-25-2007, 02:30 PM
jrobinson105

Thanks Michael!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 PM
mrasmm

you can figure out what page the post would have been on also, the current # is 30, and the previous used to be 25 I think, so just take the old page number, and divide it by 1.2, and that should get you pretty close to the page where it currently is.

Michaels idea is the best though, keep track of the post #, or better yet, keep track of the post link in word or something so you can ctrl click and go to the link (also what michael said)=)

here's what it looks like

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97875.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	791260  
Old 10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Durare

Hello all,

I just bought a Falcon 40 from xheli. I wonder how long it will take to make it to Canada? Everyone seems to have recieved theirs in a timely fashion. Can't wait to fly!!!

Later,

Durare
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
mrasmm

xheli (and raidentech I believe) have been bought out recently and are under new management. He seems alot more on the ball from what I have seen posted in the forums, but I don't really know, but you should be able to expect better service.

Michael Bernstien is who alot of people are going through now. He's real friendly knowledgable competitive and he's on these forums every day =)
Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Agador Sparticus

Hey Guys,
My falcon will not get more than a couple of feet off the ground. It acts like the battery is going bad. I have 2 batteries and I doubt they have both gone bad at the same time. I changed out the main motor with the century motor and there is no difference. It seems like the esc is not giving the motor enough juice. Guess i could put a volt meter on the motor output from the esc. Should be around 7.5 V at full throttle right? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
MiniCwik

Anyone interested in buying a Falcon40 with a superskids landing skids, lipo battery & charger, spare canopy, spare superskids tail boom, and a TON of spare parts?

PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:04 AM
delkampg

anyone wanna guess at what xheli sent me??? i bought a falcon 40 from them and they sent me the confrimation and today they sent me another with the shipping number and pakage contents and it all right except it says this, 1 New Falcon 40 AKA 4-Channel Remote Radio Control RTF DragonFly IV (New Improved Version) w/ 6-Channel Transmitter i know it doesnt come with 6 channel trasmitter and either does any other 4 channel heli ive seen, in the begining of this post someone said they ordered a dragonfly and got a falcon they better not have sent me a dragonefly and tried making up the price diffrence with a 6ch transmitter that would be a buch of crap
Old 10-30-2007, 02:02 AM
delkampg

also i have an old battery from a plane i had (and crashed after first 30seconds of flying) its 7.2v 900mah can i use this to fly my heli
Old 10-30-2007, 03:39 AM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: Agador Sparticus

Hey Guys,
My falcon will not get more than a couple of feet off the ground. It acts like the battery is going bad. I have 2 batteries and I doubt they have both gone bad at the same time. I changed out the main motor with the century motor and there is no difference. It seems like the esc is not giving the motor enough juice. Guess i could put a volt meter on the motor output from the esc. Should be around 7.5 V at full throttle right? Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,
Kevin

also check the tail motor, that can draw alot of amps if it's failing.

If you can make a homemade ammeter with your DMM and a male and female JSt connector and see what kinds of amps the heli is pulling. At mad throttle it should be around 4 to 5 amps. You can really narrow it down that way.

Since you've replaced the motor, you may also want to check the mesh. It should be a little loose, and not too loose or too tight. A good rule of thumb is 2 sheets of 20lb paper should fit between the main gear and the pinion.

Also check the lube status of the heli. If it's getting dry or a bearing is going bad on you, that could have something to do with it. Good luck =)
Old 10-30-2007, 03:40 AM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: delkampg

also i have an old battery from a plane i had (and crashed after first 30seconds of flying) its 7.2v 900mah can i use this to fly my heli

yup, no prob =)

It's 1 cell low, and a bit bigger so it's gona be a bit heavier, so it may have a hard time getting off the ground, but by all means if it fits in the heli and will get it off of the ground, I say go for it =) The only real thing to watch would be the motor temps, but that should also be fine =)
Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 AM
MiniCwik

Hate to do it, but I'm selling my Falcon ... I just do not have time for two heli's and a coming baby.

Here is a link to my Putfile album of the Falcon pics, everything pictured is included;

http://www.putfile.com/rambyblood/images/156505
Old 10-30-2007, 08:09 AM
USHobbySupply

Say it isn't so []
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
MiniCwik

Fraid so ... but hopefully someone looking to get into heli's or wanting another to play with will pick this one up.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Agador Sparticus

Thanks Mrasmm,
The tail motor is new also and the gear mesh is loose. Everything spins freely. I will keep playing with it and post what I find out. Maybe the batteries have gone bad. The heli flies better with one battery than the other but only for a very short while. I have run my heli a couple of times nearly everyday since Labor Day. You think I could have toasted my batteries? They have probably been cycled 100 times by now.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM
chevypower1930

hey all! I have NO IDEA how in the world to get the main shaft out![:@]I need to check to see if its bent becuase the heli is shaking BAD.... will somebody please give me step by step on how to remove the MAIN SHAFT!!!! i tried to take the little metal pin out where the guiding thing is... but I feel like im going to break it... thanks ANYONE!!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: Agador Sparticus

Thanks Mrasmm,
The tail motor is new also and the gear mesh is loose. Everything spins freely. I will keep playing with it and post what I find out. Maybe the batteries have gone bad. The heli flies better with one battery than the other but only for a very short while. I have run my heli a couple of times nearly everyday since Labor Day. You think I could have toasted my batteries? They have probably been cycled 100 times by now.

yeah, if they are the stock packs and they have 100 cycles each on them, then yup, they are probably gone.

you may want to look at getting some lipo's, something around 1200 to 1300mAh 2s lipo's are what people seem to have the best luck with, you can also get a charger for them on ebay, just look up esky lipo charger and they run 16 bucks with shipping. Lipo's will probably run you about the same amount as just replacing the stock packs. Check out www.commonsenserc.com for some good deals on batteries.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Agador Sparticus

Mrasmm,
Is this the battery you were referring to?
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...products_id=59
I was also looking at this one from an earlier post: http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?pid=928
I flew the heli tonite and I think the batteries are definately on their way out. One battery pack flies much better than the other but neither last very long.

Thanks for your help
Old 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
mrasmm

yup, that's the one I was talking about. You'll have to get a jst end and solder it on (don't get just the end, get the wire leads, it's so much easier that way, they run about $3 bucks from a retail LHS, or you can get them for about 70 cents online). Some of the packs come jST ends, It might just be the 800's. If you decide to go that small though, make sure you go with the 10C versions. GL =)
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 PM
seafox
My Feedback: (2)

I have been reading this forum for the last three days. You guys talked me into a F40 so i ordered one this morning at three a.m.!!!!! I ordered from x-heli and got the same confirmation info as delkammpg. Falcon 40 AKA 4-Channel Remote Control RTF Dragonfly IV(New Improved Version) W/ 6-channel Transmitter. Now I'm confused!!!!! Hope they know what I ordered.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Got mine today It is in great shape.
One downer is the batteries that came with it suck. I have cycled them several times and they won't come close to their rated Mah.[:@]
I guess I will have to get a lipo for it.
Can't wait to fly it.
By the way, does anyone know where to get some good add ons for the FMS simulater?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30466.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	794337  
Old 10-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Agador Sparticus

Seafox,
I saved my order acknowledgement from raidentech and the wording is the same (see below). Not sure why they do that or mention 6 channel radio. Anyhow, welcome to the addiction.

Quantity Item
1 New Falcon 40 AKA 4-Channel Remote Radio Control RTF DragonFly IV
(New Improved Version) w/ 6-Channel Transmitter

Kevin
Old 10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
USHobbySupply

there are 2 switches on the remote. On older versions, those were not connected on the inside to anything. Yup, just plain old switches.

Why Walkera (maker of the exceed heli) does this is simple. The tooling is the most expensive part. To make 2 molds for one TX (one with holes and one without) nearly doubles production costs. Its much easier to put in a 1cent switch than to make another mold without the holes.

In the past, people have confused those for extra channels.

Unless something has drastically changed, then its only a 4 channel.

But please, some one post and let us know exactly what the deal is. Since things change all the time,.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.