Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:07 PM
RKS1949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member Daily Flight Rreports

I thought it might be intresting to see a "daily flight report" from the members here! Nothing fancy just plain like flew 2 packs today FF Hovering,ect no crashes,or 1 pack today heli''s a wreck(with details) Sort of a member flight Log,and it might get us flying more. Ron I'll start it out. BH450SE, 4 packs today mostly hovering some FF,windy. Heli came back in one peice.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 PM
srouthouse

Default RE: Mewmber Daily Flight Rreports

5 packs in a trex 450 v2, some loops front flips and ff with stall turns. no wrecks but many many close calls. i was inverted for 5-10 seconds out of control and finaly brought it around and in safely

light wind
Old 04-15-2008, 10:45 PM
bigairlife

2 packs on my hbk2. Loops and rolls. Did a few hurricanes. Interted hovers, climbouts, and some knife edge flight... Also some circuits. My first landing was a little rough, a 5 mph gust caught the heli about 1 foot off the pavement and slammed it down, but no damage. 2nd landing was great
Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
cactus hopper

It''s been a good day so far. I started out with five airworthy helis and I still have one left that will fly but it''s only noon. Five packs and they all still have half a charge left in them.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
RKS1949

Not much flying going on here(except inside) winds 20-30mph,with gust up to 35mph[] Did fly the CX2 inside,and some sim time,that's about it here. Ron
Old 04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
srouthouse

Default RE: Member Daily Flight Rreports

pretty windy here in northern ca too, waiting on UPS as theres a shiney new trex 500 in the truck today its also a work day
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Edwinssiv

1 Pack today hovering inside and testing and trimming out my BH450 with my DX6i. May have to hover another pack or two before the night is out...to windy to fly outside 20+mph winds. So far no crashes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:33 AM
RKS1949

I should have stayed inside too,but you know how that goes! I just had to get to a bigger field today (wind,or not) and fly! 3 three times in the air,and two bad results,check out the post. Ron Post #: 1140
Old 04-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Kaelan

I flew for about 3 hours today... did a bout 100 autos from 80 meters up... some real nice ones including a nice 180 turn before the landing..lots of crashes... but the reset button works great this weekend I'll get a chance to go fly my heli...
Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Magic Hook

Two packs on 450v2 just hovering and trim work. Fired up the XCell 60 for the first time and spooled it up. WOW what a rush that was!
Old 04-19-2008, 12:06 PM
RKS1949

Waiting on parts for the BH 450,flew the CX2 inside,raining here today! Ron
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
DriveWRX

4 packs on my King2. Mostly practicing side-on spot landing (I can do it from the left but not from the right side...). Some stall turns and upright backwards practice too. First 3 packs went fine. On the 4th, lost it during a backwards circuit. Damage: main blades, feathering shaft, main gear and 2 stripped servos. [] Rebuilding now.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
choppersrule

3 to 4 packs every night on my HBK2, mostly inside, windy here in Indianapolis IN, ALWAYS.
I have a Lama V4, HBK2, Belt-CP and a LOGO 10. Been flying for 3 years. Haven't crashed in a month or so.
Practice hovering, snap 90 degree turns, left and right side in, and very low flying. Nose in, not yet.

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87802.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	932885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94413.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	932886  
Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 PM
srouthouse

flew 2 half pacs at work no wrecks just hovering around [over the top of new infiniti,s] some side on stuff but no nose foward around cars
Old 04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Kaelan

today was the perfect day t fly... mostly calm winds with a few scattered 3-5mph gusts.. 1 pack was mostly hovering and precision landings.. second pack.. I got adventurous and tried some FF... remember, I'm still real new to this... just took my training gear off 2 weeks ago.. well... I made it through a few circles... and tried a figure 8... made it 3/4 through that when the sudden wind of doom gusted to about 10mph.. rolling my BH450 onto it's side.. proving without a doubt that a heli cannot hovering in a knife edge.. 15 feet until I demonstrated how to properly land on your side. damage... a set of woodies, a feathering shaft and my landing gear (a little CA will have the strut holding good to take off and land.).. main is straight and flybar is straight... could have been much worse.

the guy I fly with... his Trex crashed on landing... his damage. boom, tail push rod, flybar, lost a flybar paddle, feathering shaft, blades, boom support, horizontal fin... his crash was from 6 inches off the ground.... Hmmm... lots of parts break on Trexes
Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Magic Hook

Three packs today (so far). Perfect weather really. 80, 10 knot wind. Practice side in hover 20 feet high, flying triangles & rectangles. A little forward flight, and sidways. Worked on softer spot landing without sidway's skid I seem to do often. Staying with the training gear for a while though. Its flying well and there is a lot left on the learning curve. Went back out just before sunset and did another pack on the Trex 450 and just played with side hover and landings. Caught the tail blade and broke it on the last landing. Got out the Xcell 60 with my son in law and fired it up again. Things seemed okay so I spooled it up until it hovered at 3 feet for a minute or so. Landed to check it all over. WOW what a RUSH that was. High fives and it was adult beverage time.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM
choppersrule

flew 3 packs, with the Lama V4, no problems, just crusing the basement.
2 packs, with the HBK2, being silly with snap 90 degree turns, in the basement, to windy outside. No mishaps.
Gotta love this hobby for sure.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is todays flight report I posted in another thread......... some pertains to helis....some doesn't.

original: ArrowNaughtic
Well, seems today is a flight report day so will let you guys in on my day before I ask my question........
The day started with my GWS Estarter and the less than reliable landing gear. It has a tendancy to flod back upon any landing that is less than perfect. It took off okay and flew as well as can be expected with the bent motor shaft. (I straightened it as much as i could) Loops, some very sloppy rolls and the ugly knife edge attempts all went okay. I landed and checked things over after about 5 minutes of flight. The landing gear did as expected and folded on touchdown and bent the GWS aluminum mount back but was easily straightened out and up in the air again......... Finished out the 3S 800mAh battery and scored a perfect landing. Time to let the Estarter cool off and fly the Slow Stick.......
Took off and in the air within about 10 feet and did some circuits around the field with some loops and dives tossed in........ landed once and let it sit for a couple minutes then while attempting another takeoff........she lifted and apparently got afraid of heights and decided to dive for cover. Broken motor mount (GWS aluminum stick mount just like the Estarter) Ok....so that plane is done for the day so decide to put the fresh battery in the Estarter and take off........... after about 4 attempts and restraightening the motor mount she was finally airborne. One circuit to adjust the trime.......a couple of loops and one aileron roll and Viola!!!! The motor seperated from the mount! I landed it about 60 ft away almost on top of my flying buddys Slow Stick. Anothe plane bites the dust............ Home fixes are better than losing screws in the grass and sand.
Time to maiden the roomies Slow Stick we built together......... She is afraid to take off with it and decides to let me take off........trim then hand her the TX. I take off, fly one circuit and adjust the ruddr trim to get it into level flight with zero stick input. I handed her the controls and sadly she only got one circuit in before losing orientation and trying to hand me back the Tx as it was barreling for the backstop of the baseball field we were flying in. Both servos stripped and prop broken as well as the ELE horn ripped out. A little CA and a servo rebuild and she will be ready to go again tomorrow.
Three planes, 3 casualties and I was afraid to bring out the helis now. One look at the Century Swift 16 told us the tail belt was loose. I am pretty new to that one and not knowing the heli that well was not willing to make a field repair. Too much money and too big of a heli to have it explode in flight. Next up was the TREX 450.......... this heli has been my long standing friend since I got it dialed in. A good 10 minutes of hover and she was ready to go home. In one piece again! Knock on wood, that heli has always been reliable and steady, I can't say as much for the other bazillion helis I have in various states of repair.......

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 PM
srouthouse

flew half pac at work with the virgin V2 i skinned the blades on the ground breaking 3.5" of CF blade off on one side and managed to save the heli and land it. bent main feathering shaft and blades.

at home got 2 pacs in 20-25 perfect flips and some nose in hovering for 1 minute. what a nice day. my flips are getting tighter finaly
Old 04-21-2008, 06:32 AM
RKS1949

Flew a few packs in the CX2 yesterday,(no wind at all,go figure) 450SE still down waiting on parts. Ron
Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
srouthouse

3 packs this mornin a bunch of front and then transitioned into back flips then half flips like upside down tic tocs. was Was a great day.

went to the park tonight and did some low flips for half a pac did a beautiful flip rite into the grass at 100% idle up that transitioned into a roll across the grass. didnt break the CF blades just bent main and feathering ) which i straightened perfectly and just went out 5 minutes ago to try it out. [flew perfect] made it 3 minutes with 10-15 back and front flips before i got cocky and took it in 100% idle up again bent tail shaft main and feathering i can save the flybar. didnt break the CF blades again must be my lucky day! so all in all i had a good day flying for my saturday and didnt wreck that bad and cost was only about 10 bucks in parts.

another good thing this is the heli ill strip down to build the 500
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 AM
sherman89

Maidened the 600E T-Rex yesterday, coming over from a nitro Rappy 50, flew off 2 packs with out any troubles, 1 click of forward elevator and 1 click of right rudder, I got lucky on the setup. Once one gets over the expensive battery packs electric is the way to go. No vibration, no dirt, and quiet, no $30. fuel cans. After several months of airplanes only I am back to helis, a few laps of the travck with the Rappy and then on to the T-Rex. The Raptor will be parked ofr a while.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Magic Hook

Learned a lesson I already knew. Check everything. I have been learning to hover and ff with the 450 V2 without a hitch since first flight with the exception of a tail blade. Have today off so I was up early and burned off 6 minutes of a 7 minute pack. I was practice spot landing when the tie wrap holding the training sticks came off or broke at touchdown. the carbon leg shot through the blades and they exploded into small pieces. Bent the main shaft and broke the belt for sure. I have not checked the feathering shaft. After I put it back together I tried a test hover and its fine. At 6' high I then realized I had left off the TRAINER sticks! With heart beating I set it down softly. Grinned then did it again. I am off the trainer sticks! Stopped there to change feathering shaft for good luck. Heading out this afternoon with my son in law to work on the Xcell 60 mixture setting and hover it again. I am trying HARD not to order the 500 today.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

4 packs today in a Trex 450 se v2. Just hovering with landing gear in light wind. I practiced some side-in hovering on the 3rd and 4th and started to lose focus so i called it a day
Old 04-24-2008, 05:32 AM
sherman89

magic hook, if you like the 450 v2 you will love the 600.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.