Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Innovator MD530

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Innovator MD530

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 12:04 AM
Joseph Frost

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

3 years on, still flying beaut.

Another MD run in the bush.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:40 PM
Joseph Frost

MD outing on cold Winters morn.

Bit of variety today.

MD flyover.
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Joseph Frost

Back again, while enjoying this unique model for the last five years it has developed a minor problem by tail rotor pulsing every~ 3 sec. Didn't bother me much while flying it but one day I hooked it up on PC trying to play up with the gyro and things went bad after.
Now there's some issue I can't even start/prime the Throttle function. I'm doing lot of searching but seem like I'm the only person on this Planet still active with this model? Anyone there???

Hello, I'm new on this site with the hope to find anyone flying or knowledge on this Thunder Tiger design model helicopter "Innovator, MD-530" from cc. 2009 period. It came in 2 versions as a Std. scale and Expert pod&boom for 3/D with higher kv motor.
Most unique design, fully computerized with its complex integrated power circuit box unit, as RX, ESC and PC circuit board all incased. Even servos were incased, so if one went off, the unit had to be replaced.
There was even incased battery to match the box unit, which was totally dead after I got hand on this model some 5 years ago.
After some microsurgery I have managed to modify the power set up to use standard battery (3S/1800) and enjoy flying this unique model to date with well over 500 sessions in the logbook.
Unfortunately, model developed some issue and after trying to reprogram few PC options I can't get it going again by the startup prime button.
All other functions work fine but not the throttle, while the motor is fine after separate check hook up.
After close inspection of the circuit board all look fine but no go after numerous tries.
Bit puzzeled what's the problem, but love to get it back to flying order as it was such a nice model for a daily fun at small space areas.
There must have been huge number of this models sold to make it feasible for the Co. to develop such a complex design so hoping someone might have it sitting on the shelf, out of order.
Please let me know, TX. (few pics.)