Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Undecided on which 450 Elec. Heli to get

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Undecided on which 450 Elec. Heli to get

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
SithLord0427

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undecided on which 450 Elec. Heli to get

Im in a debate on which heli to get......

I know TREX are outstanding helis and with a limited budget...Im not going there yet...I also have plenty of experience in flying so thats not a issue.

Here are the choices I have found.....All 450 scale electric helis

ESKY Belt CP Pro V2 the graphite purple aluminium one ( www.xheli.com/ne20esbecpve.html )

vs

Falcon 400SE Pro the graphite red aluminium one ( www.raidentech.com/6chspproedfa.html )

Both Helis are RTF, and have everything I need.......just not sure about which one.

So with a person that has the experience to fly them as I do......which comapny is better
Ive flown a few 30 size gas Kyosho helis, a older Falcon 45 gasser, and own a 60 size X-Cell gasser from back in the day......Im just looking for something to fly indoors when time permits.

Any help would be great!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
ptb

Default RE: Undecided on which 450 Elec. Heli to get

I would go with the ESKY Belt if it were me. I started with a falcon. good enough to learn on, BUT, the gyro's are poor, and if the motor get's hot, the can falls off the endbell !!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM
SithLord0427

ORIGINAL: ptb

I would go with the ESKY Belt if it were me. I started with a falcon. good enough to learn on, BUT, the gyro's are poor, and if the motor get's hot, the can falls off the endbell !!
Im glad to get this info.......If anyone else has other opinions I would love to hear them. I just want to get my moneys worth, just under 500...not a bad price for either one, just dont want a heli that will cost me money that could be put elsewhere.....Ive crashed my fair share of them, just want one that is sound in craftmanship.

Thanks for any help

Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM
grawyl

I have an ESKY HBK2 and a Lama V3. The HBK2 is an ok heli that flys well after some aluminum, and motor upgrades but I would not say it had good sound craftsmanship. The Lama V3 has a major design flaw right out of the box. The Lama's upper and lower counter rotating main blades are two close together and with any abrupt control input the blades strike each other causing the blades to break and the Helli to crash.

The ESKY Servos are horrible and you will be replacing them due to failure in the air. I have replaced close to a dozen of them and it usually resulted in replacing other parts due to the impending crash that resulted from the failure. Another issue, I have had, is the with the Pots on the ESKY TX (I have 3). They go bad very fast and need to be cleaned routinely. You will start to notice dead spots in the controls where the pots are not registering any movement which can be bad and will again result in the need to replace parts due to the crash. These are only a few issues I can think of off the top of my head (I haven't flown either for a while).

My suggestion, for not much more money, would be to look at the Align 450 Sport kit or a ready to fly Copter x 450V2 kit from eHirrobo. The Align comes with everything except TX and RX and since the ESKY TX are junk to begin with it would make sense to go with something a bit better that also has the ability to program the pitch and throttle curves.

I am sorry if this came across as an ESKY bash, it isn't. It is my real world dealings with this brand.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
SithLord0427

Not a problem, just looking to get the honest truth.......but yeah Ive always loved the trex....., and honestly Im torn, the super combo was like 500ish, and add 200 more for a spektrum dx6i remote wouldnt be a big issue, and I have seen first hand the awesomeness of there helis...did you happen to have a link for that copter x by chance????

ORIGINAL: grawyl

I have an ESKY HBK2 and a Lama V3. The HBK2 is an ok heli that flys well after some aluminum, and motor upgrades but I would not say it had good sound craftsmanship. The Lama V3 has a major design flaw right out of the box. The Lama's upper and lower counter rotating main blades are two close together and with any abrupt control input the blades strike each other causing the blades to break and the Helli to crash.

The ESKY Servos are horrible and you will be replacing them due to failure in the air. I have replaced close to a dozen of them and it usually resulted in replacing other parts due to the impending crash that resulted from the failure. Another issue, I have had, is the with the Pots on the ESKY TX (I have 3). They go bad very fast and need to be cleaned routinely. You will start to notice dead spots in the controls where the pots are not registering any movement which can be bad and will again result in the need to replace parts due to the crash. These are only a few issues I can think of off the top of my head (I haven't flown either for a while).

My suggestion, for not much more money, would be to look at the Align 450 Sport kit or a ready to fly Copter x 450V2 kit from eHirrobo. The Align comes with everything except TX and RX and since the ESKY TX are junk to begin with it would make sense to go with something a bit better that also has the ability to program the pitch and throttle curves.

I am sorry if this came across as an ESKY bash, it isn't. It is my real world dealings with this brand.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
trickle007

If your looking to spend around 500 what ya think about the blade 400 by E-Flite it come RTF with a DX6 TX. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1400

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 AM
pinoydad

why not the exi 450 cnc..they fly good ..lots of parts
Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 AM
SithLord0427

Never heard of EXI.....I know nothing about the company or the craftmanship with there heli's

ORIGINAL: pinoydad

Old 03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
pinoydad

ORIGINAL: SithLord0427

Never heard of EXI.....I know nothing about the company or the craftmanship with there heli's

you shop at xheli dont you ...check exi out ...lol..craftmanship ...they are great ..i put my name on it
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 AM
SithLord0427

So which EXI would you suggest????? the MB450 V2 looks good.......and no I dont shop at Xheli, never purchased anything there ever, just used there link for reference.

ORIGINAL: SithLord0427

you shop at xheli dont you ...check exi out ...lol..craftmanship ...they are great ..i put my name on it
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 AM
pinoydad

yea ..get the one that is 77 dollars ..then email me for help if you want ..i got 2 of them ..you can also go to support forum there
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
pinoydad

sorry i just realized you are looking for rtf ...i cant help you on that cause i dont beleive in rtf helis ...i do my own build ..
Old 03-05-2010, 01:36 AM
SithLord0427

Both EXI helis...the MB450 v2 (169$) and the T-450SE (77$) are ARF....just need electronics which is fine.
And honestly I have been putting kits together for 27yrs....so building anything isnt a issue whatsoever.....Im leaning towards the MB450 V2 one......good mix of everything, plus the parts are compatible with TREX stuff....so that makes it perfect.

sorry i just realized you are looking for rtf ...i cant help you on that cause i dont beleive in rtf helis ...i do my own build ..
Old 03-05-2010, 01:47 AM
pinoydad

i herd some guys having a little snag on mb450..the SE is trex compatible too..same thing ..i got trex head on one of mine b4 ..but now back to exi head due to bad crash
Old 03-05-2010, 01:52 AM
SithLord0427

Any idea what that snag was? Sadly the T-450SE is out of stock
Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
pinoydad

i think got to do w/ servo place ment but i think it can be workrd out as i was reading one time ...post some q at rcdiscuss..theres people there that did the build
Old 03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
SithLord0427

On the T-450SE, is the full head including all the levers? Ive found one of the T-450SE that is in stock for 149.99 bucks with an aluminum case included, but I cant tell if the head is full aluminum......
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 AM
pinoydad

how about the carbon edition se w/ free box for 139..thats a good one ..same thing as mine ..this are good one cause they got stacked cf body
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
pinoydad

it is full aluminum
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
SithLord0427

yeah perfect.......thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 AM
pinoydad

no problem
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 AM
SithLord0427

Any suggestions for motors, gyros and speedos????? Not looking to break the bank.....but what would be a good one that will last for awhile?????
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 AM
pinoydad

i'm cheap my self comes to electronics ..for i'm barely good at flying ..i'm using gy48v for gyro and sg90 for cyclics ..i got gg90 for tail..dx6i tx ar6110 for rx ...this are all cheapos ...lol most from hobbypartz ...google em

you dont have to follow these for i know you got experience then i am..you can go for align products
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 AM
kavic5150

Wouldnt recommend the Blade400, I have one and its got problems. You should read a few blade400 threads 1st. the servo gears are easily broken, the ESC runs hot and needs a separate bec. 25Amps for 325mm blades? seriously? And the gyro is fickle and temp sensitive.

I would recommend a trex or similar rtf package with a good 2.4ghz computer radio from JR, Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, etc. Also recommend a heli w/CNC head/tail. A good quality heli is much more fun to fly than some of these chinese disasters. And whatever you do, if it says WALKERA DONT BUY IT! Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
kavic5150

Ok, maybe I was in a bad mood that day. I would recommend the b400. For the price, and the lack of setup hassle, great buy. And no, no one threatened to break my kneecaps