Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Wanting to Learn this time around

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Wanting to Learn this time around

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
yaddamean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to Learn this time around

Hey whats guys...

Back in 2002, I bought a TRex and crashed it 3 times. No SIM practice whatsoever. Actually yes I got a little bit of SIM time after my third crash and already giving up on helis. At the time, I was just too stoked at having a heli and was just too anxious to lift off. Well of course, I crashed and burned everytime. After the 3rd crash, I gave up helis and stuck with my RC cars/trucks. I spent a fortune and the high costs of rebulding just put me off.

Now, I want to get back into it but take my time this time around. I just bought Realflight G5 and I'm now looking for a transmitter for the SIM. I dont have a heli yet or even know which one Iwant, I just know I want electric. I'm looking to master RealFlight first before even putting down money on a heli this time...

Which transmitter would you guys recommend on buying? I'm looking for something high end that will last me a long time. I dont mind putting a lot into the transmitter as I wont be flying a real heli for awhile so I dont mind breaking the bank for a transmitter.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Wanting to Learn this time around

ORIGINAL: yaddamean
.....Now, I want to get back into it but take my time this time around. I just bought Realflight G5 and I'm now looking for a transmitter for the SIM.....
You DO NOT need a transmitter with Realflight. It already comes with a transmitter box to use with the program. Why do you want to buy a transmitter now?

Rafael
Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM
tropheus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanting to Learn this time around

Might a suggest a Blade SR? Reason I say this heli, it is a great combo to learn CP on and will set you back 200 bones. You can get the rush of backyard flying without a big deal if you dump it. It is very stable for a beginner and a good way to cut your teeth even if you had a 450 and struggled to the point of quit. After that, you can grab a Trex 500 or alike. Just a thought.

To add: the Spectrum DX6i is a great radio for a couple hundred bucks that will long live your ability. Jump back in Man and have some fun. Later