Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Got my HB yesterday!! Some questions

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Got my HB yesterday!! Some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Pure Platinum03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my HB yesterday!! Some questions

Hey all

When i came home from work yesterday a box was at my doorstep....it was my new HB Opened it up and spend a good part of the evening installing the radio gear....it was great.

My question is are the main blades and tail blades balanced at the factory or do i have to balance them myself? I ask this because i noticed a strip of white tape on one the main blades so im figuring they might have already balanced it.

Also, does anyone know how to make a fairly accurate blade balancer from household stuff? I thought i read a thread here that described how to make a cheap balancer.....did a search and couldnt find it.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
kenru

I had to balance the blades on mine. Actually, the tail rotor, the main paddles and main blades needed balancing. I did this by disengaging the motor(s) from the driven gear(s). Hold the heli so the blade in vertical and see which blade is heavier. Place a small piece of electrical tape on the lighter blade until it all levels out. To balance the paddles, remove the main blades then proceed as above. Remount the main blades when done and repeat the process.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:17 AM
MartialArtist

Originally posted by kenru
I had to balance the blades on mine. Actually, the tail rotor, the main paddles and main blades needed balancing. I did this by disengaging the motor(s) from the driven gear(s). Hold the heli so the blade in vertical and see which blade is heavier. Place a small piece of electrical tape on the lighter blade until it all levels out. To balance the paddles, remove the main blades then proceed as above. Remount the main blades when done and repeat the process.
SLICK IDEA Kenru!
Old 07-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Pure Platinum03

Thanks for the idea kenru.

My other concern is mounting the receiver and gyro. The combo came with a different style receiver than on the directions.....the connectors for the servos go into the side of the receiver which makes it a little bit longer. I dont know where to mount it.....if i go on the backside of the 2 servos the wires can get into the swashplate.
I ended up mounting the receiver on the backside by the tail boom and the gyro up front on the motor....but the cable from the gyro that plugs to the receiver is too short.....might just get an extension.

Is it okay to mount the gyro right front on the motor? Will this induce some vibration to the gyro?

Also, do you guys tape the hummingboard down against something or do you just let it float inside?