Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

buying my first helicopter advice please!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

buying my first helicopter advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:41 PM
brezthefez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying my first helicopter advice please!

Hello all
Please can anyone shed some light on this very mysterious subject for me please. I am looking to by my first helicopter and I don't Know which one to buy, so i am looking for some advice please. Firstly I think my best one for me is an electric indoor one but with somany to choose from I am unsure which will be the best for me, I did think about the Snelflight Hoverfly, The piccolo ( can someone tell me what the difference is between the fun, eco and the pro piccolo is please) or the Hummingbird. I have been following E bay for a few weeks and see that generally the electric helicopters are going for about half the price of a new one - any comments?
Old 07-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Zflyer

after having one for a while I wouldn't opt for a Micro to start
Old 07-19-2003, 10:42 PM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

The Hummingbird, Feda, Skylark... are all pretty much the same as a Fun Piccolo...

Difference between Fun and Eco is that the Eco has ball bearings vs. plastic bushings.

The Pro is a collective pitch heli...

Difference between collective pitch and fixed pitch is that on a fixed pitch, the throttle controls lift and decent whereas on a cp the pitch of the blades actually change to control the lift while maintaing headspeed, it allows a lot better control but a fixed pitch is better to start with because everything is simpler ie. set up, programming etc. Plus damage is less on a fp in case of crashes. When starting off the less things to worry about the better as you'll need all the focus you can get on learning to hover and worrying less about other things which brings me to my recommendation...

My opinion for a beginner is: You may have heard it already, a Lite Machines Corona. It's a lot more stable than the micros and if you have enough space could be hovered indoors although not recommended. Lots of us practiced with it in 2 car garages.
Very durable and can be flown outdoors in light winds and when you get better can be flown in decent winds.

You can do searches here on Corona etc. or on www.rcgroups.com You'll find tons and tons of info