Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

S3B Viking

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 10:39 AM
rccrafters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viking gear

I'm currently building a set of gear which the modeler wanted converted to electric operation. We are using Robart components. If you want info on them email us at [email protected].

Old 04-28-2020, 05:55 PM
rccrafters

Default viking electric retract system

The system uses a Robart electric nose retract ,Robart main electric actuators, and Robart controller. These are used with our nose and main strut set to give the modeler a complete drop in system.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:55 PM
Rudderman98
My Feedback: (19)

Hi Mark,

Have you done the maiden?

I'm looking into getting this kit from Kudi since no others are available.

I have a lot of experience in EDF's. I've got over 15 EDF of assorted sizes in my shop and one of Kudi's Pilatus PC-24's on order for a 2023 build.

Many thanks for your build thread. It will help expedite my build on mine in the very near future.

And rccrafters, I'll be seriously looking into those beautiful retracts of yours.

Cheers!
Perry

Old 06-22-2022, 12:42 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark!!

How does it fly... you have left us hanging for 5 years!!!
Old 09-30-2022, 04:23 AM
Mkikta

Well...... I have still not built the courage to fly it yet. I hope that 2023 will be the year! I just retired fully and plan to spend more time flying and getting more proficient with my rc jets. Sorry it's been so long.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:48 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mkikta
Well...... I have still not built the courage to fly it yet. I hope that 2023 will be the year! I just retired fully and plan to spend more time flying and getting more proficient with my rc jets. Sorry it's been so long.
Awesome plane... I have many times thought this jet would make a sweet flying RC project!!
Old 12-10-2023, 02:55 PM
Ken LaPointe
My Feedback: (4)

I know this is an old thread but wow that Viking looks great.
I started a design in CAD for printing one and am trying to tackle the main gear.

Does anyone have a good drawing of the main gear?

I have found lots of pictures of the gear but am somewhat stumped on the lower main gear strut. The shock absorber and the lower main strut are both hinged to the fuselage to allow aft rotation for retraction.
The lower gear strut has a rotation point at the wheel hub to the shock absorber which allows the shock to mange the up and down motion of the main strut.
What I cant figure out is how the main strut pivots and allows the tire to go up and down. I look a the photos of the main strut and it looks solid all the way from the wheel hub to the hinge on the fuse.

Does anyone know if there is a pivot point on that strut for bending or does the strut just bend?

thanks

Ken